Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Mattel Super Powers Mr. Mxyzptlk

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Mattel Super Powers Mr. Mxyzptlk

Postby Tango X » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:15 pm

Here's a review of the figure by PixelDan. Man this figure is so expensive for what it is but I admit that I'm probably going to shell out and get it.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Re: Mattel Super Powers Mr. Mxyzptlk

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:43 pm

Not unless I can get him cheap on ebay. $30 and shipping? Hells no.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:53 pm

I recall Scott saying that this was originally intended to be a pack in with Super Powers Superman in the subscription which I guess would have been an easier pill to swallow but now he's being sold as a separate figure at full figure price. That's pretty steep. I'm going to have to put some thought into this one. I'm a hardcore collector but $30? Mind you, I paid even more than that for Gleek back in the day, so... we'll see.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Avalon » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:57 pm

That's definitely steep... but cheaper than trying to get the Vengeance Two Pack with Joker from DC Direct which at one point I was actually thinking of paying nearly $100 for. I'm probably going to buy the set and then try to sell off the assembled CnC Kalibak, ugly Hal/Riddler and probably Gold Supes. Maybe recoup something and balance it out.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:38 pm

Some things I can live without. A statue of Mxy is one of them.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:00 pm

Like a few of you, I'm probably going to end up getting at least some of these guys. I'm actually more opposed to that hideous Riddler than this Mxy statue considering what I paid for some the missing pack-ins at one point just to complete my figures.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:16 pm

If I see him second hand and he actually looks better than the pics, then yes I'll get him...but that's a big IF
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby OneNineSix » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:00 pm

Ah okay, I got my Mr. Mxyzptlk today and his face paint is all gobbed up. Oh, I also got Hal Riddler, too and you know what?? He's actually......just as crappy as I thought he would look. Gold Superman is well, he's whatever.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Re: DC Super Powers!

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:33 pm

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm still waiting on mine to arrive and I hope I have better luck with mine. In my last shipment, customs cut open my boxes and damaged the blister and card on Entrapta. :wwsad:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:38 pm

It actually looks pretty nice but for what he cost, I expected the paint to be near perfect.
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel