Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

What figure(s) were you not happy with the version made

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

What figure(s) were you not happy with the version made

Postby wingnut1969 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:37 pm

So, as the topic heading says: What figures did you get that you just were not happy with the version of the character that we got? Like a "I'm glad we got ______ but I really wanted ______ version of him/her."

In no particular order my list is:

1 - Red Hood - who might actually be my #1 figure on this list if ranked.
2 - Captain Boomerang - Never cared for this look.
3 - Black Lightning - I REALLY wanted an original BL so I made one.
4 - Supergirl - I get why they made the figures but I wanted something more like the DCD Crisis Supergirl w/o headband - too Olivia Newton John Physical for me.
5 - Rocket Red - Do I really need to say why
6 - Ocean Master - Like Lightning I made an original OM.
7 - Starfire - No detailing just paint and flat hair.
8 - Star Sapphire - Not really disappointed in SS just really wanted an original - made one.
9 - Spoiler - Again, not really disappointed just would have loved an original version.
10 - Vixen - She may not be out yet and I am glad to be at least getting one I was just hoping for her JLU/JLA look. And I have also thought about making her in her original look as well.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Re: What figure(s) were you not happy with the version made

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:03 am

Fun topic. DCUC did a lot of good in their time, but there were some I'd like a re-do on, one's that come to my mind immediately:

Captain Cold--not that there's much wrong with him, though I'm not a huge fan of the face. But he's too short.
Captain Boomerang--yeah, criminal we never got his original look.
Starfire--yeah, there was a lot that fell flat, literally, on her
Adam Strange--the one we got is nice, but I'd prefer a classic SA version
Rocket Red--wrong look, way wrong size
Alan Scott--not awful, just hate the head

I need to see Vixen in person. She'll probably be 'good enough' but we'll see. I've been tempted a few times to make her Suicide Squad look, probably will someday. I assume that's what you mean by her original look, can't imagine anyone really wanting her first appearance look.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:30 am

I prefer Vixen's current look so I'm happy to have her.

Starfire is definitely the biggest miss of the original line. I'm glad they're doing a redo with her, especially since it's her much better current look.

Swamp Thing could really use a well-articulated update. That's the biggest choice for me. I'd also like a Stargirl with a better headsculpt.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:15 am

5. Elongated Man I like the black, white and purple look.
4. Red Hood Was hoping for the biker jacket look.
3. Black Lightning Wanted classic look.
2. Rocket Red Not my favorite look to begin with but to top it off, the scale is wrong.
1. Captain Boomerang Prefer his classic look.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wingnut1969 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:16 pm

I need to see Vixen in person. She'll probably be 'good enough' but we'll see. I've been tempted a few times to make her Suicide Squad look, probably will someday. I assume that's what you mean by her original look, can't imagine anyone really wanting her first appearance look.

Image[/quote]

Yes packer that's the one. I know she only made two appearances with this look but I want one.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:05 pm

It's weird how many of those design elements got reused for Pantha.

Also, I'd imagine we'll see biker jacket Red Hood at some point. Easy reuse of previous jacketed characters and he's a popular Bat-family/foe character.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel