Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Halloween: The Revenge

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Halloween: The Revenge

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:58 am

I watched Friday the 13th the Series a little, in fact it's still on Comet TV, but I never really watched Freddy.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:30 am

Now see they were like the best for Me back then. Well darn you should really take advantage of that, boy I should would!

That stuff was good. Great Addams Family, I liked them as much as The Munsters. Cool News Report, great costume selection on the pegs no less :blbat:

Here's this Three Stooges from 1944, Idle Roomers. This is a great one. It's one of My Mom's favorites. Christine McIntyre is in this one which I've spoke of her before of how much I liked her. She's My fav actress that was in all the Stooges. I found her so good and great looking and she's such a marvelous singer. Vernon Dent plays her husband, he's good and he's almost like a Stooges regular during the Curly era.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:43 am

Never saw that one. One of my kid's mentioned a Dora Explorer phrase today, and it made me recall this old Halloween song and special they watched a ton when they were little.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:53 am

Those were good. I never watched Dora however I did see the live action film at the show. That was a good costume report and that was a decent Wasp costume she was wearing!

OK, today will be HUGE so get yourself some extra time because the event is finally here and I think it was worth the wait cause I planned this since May :!: :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

First, here's some quotes all the way back from May :o

packerbacker180 wrote:Ah, see, me being a couple years older, Cosby was the biggest thing from about 1984 to 1989. Just look at that NBC Thursday night lineup in 1986! (Look! Remington Steele Tuesdays at 10!)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:I loved Amazing Stories I mean that was can't miss. I have a special coming this Halloween about a very special favorite of Mine :o What was the Movies at 9:00 PM on those days :? yes, Cosby was big, i just only watched it once in a blue moon. I recall how it was looking at the TV Guide and Cable Guide in the Newspapers back then and seeing that's when films weren't listed but it was amazing that somebody kept that clip, they were thinking of history :batsmile: Yes, I see Remington Steele :!: That time was great and see if any day at all recently can beat that :!:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:I loved Amazing Stories I mean that was can't miss. I have a special coming this Halloween about a very special favorite of Mine :o What was the Movies at 9:00 PM on those days :? yes, Cosby was big, i just only watched it once in a blue moon. I recall how it was looking at the TV Guide and Cable Guide in the Newspapers back then and seeing that's when films weren't listed but it was amazing that somebody kept that clip, they were thinking of history :batsmile: Yes, I see Remington Steele :!: That time was great and see if any day at all recently can beat that :!:

packerbacker180 wrote:Funny you mention Amazing Stories, I had actually wanted to post a full version of The Family Dog from Amazing Stories but couldn't find a complete or near compete versions.

Well here's the ENTIRE EPISODE :o The animated short was designed by Tim Burton :shock: Make sure when it's over that you see the end credits because it says the music is by Danny Elfman. As I've said before this is how I learned this stuff long before the web :) I hope your happy now PB ;)

OK...now we're going to REAL time here ;) Here's a lot more of Amazing Stories. This was pretty big & exciting then I mean it's by Steve Spielberg and a host of others, this was part of such magical times in the 80s and I think so many people truly forgot how great they were :!:

I believe this was the first ever promo for Amazing Stories in 1985!

Here's a special intro & outro. The CGI was so darn cool for this show, it looks something like from the 90s but nope, it was in 1985...so far ahead of it's time :shock: The theme is by John Williams. This was quite something else I mean he did Star Wars & E.T. a few short years prior and this here continues that great feeling :)

The show was so fun, The Incredible Hulk, Richard Simmons and more was in the episode Remote Control Man :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

This Amazing Stories promo was actually on the channel I always talk about...Channel 11 ;)

Now here's a commercial of My favorite episode of the entire series...Go to the Head of the Class, I loved how spooky this was and that it starred Christopher Lloyd, it reminded Me a lot of Back to the Future and it was even directed Robert Zemeckis who directed the franchise as well as the same composer Alan SIlvestri which was so fun. Now this was fun :blbat:

While i couldn't find a full episode on YT, you could just go to Putlocker, they got a ton of stuff but make sure you have a decent popup & ad blocker as well as a good video sniffer. Here's two clips from the episode :blsm: :blww:

Now look for a special in the Tunes Topic for three very special cues from what I have provided which one will be 20 minutes but gosh its so good. Also in My Odds & Ends I posted My Showcase of My original VHS I have of Amazing Stories, again I saved this since May :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:31 pm

Ah, I always looked forward to Amazing Stories. The first Family Dog episode on the show was with the burglars. I don't think it was a full episode of AS, but I could be wrong.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:04 pm

I've been watching Amazing Stories lately along with Monsters, Tales from the Darkside, Ray Bradbury Theatre and the 80s Twilight Zone. Kind of doing rotations throughout the year of one or two one of these anthology series a day.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:53 am

Acid - Image

Nope, you be correct...I could't find it on YT but here's the Amazing Stories episode here --->
https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=family+dog+amazing+stories&mid=01DBDA9E5723041F446901DBDA9E5723041F4469&FORM=VIRE

Here's this Three Stooges, Three Pests in Mess, this is one of My favorite ones from 1945. Christine McEntyre is in this one too and she can be rough & tough :batwink: This is great & spooky :blww:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:03 am

I actually caught part of that Stooges on tv a couple weeks ago.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:38 am

Those were good. I've always liked the Beverly hillbillies :) Amazing how the Addams Family, seems like their way more poplar than they were were before :o

That's good that you saw it ;) Here's this great one with Curly from 1945, If a Body meets a Body :blbat: :blww: :blsm: I've always liked Theodore Lorch, he plays the butler, he was in the first I provided the the other day :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:00 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions