Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Interests Beyond Comics/Toys

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Interests Beyond Comics/Toys

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:15 pm

Hey guys, what kind of interests do you have outside of comics and toys? It could be comic and toy related like doing paintings of Transformers or whatever or writing poetry about GI Joe's Scarlet if that's your thing. :smoops:

I've started doing a lot of woodworking in the last couple of years. It's been a real passion of mine when I have time. I just completed a set of snazzy nightstands. I also hope to get back into painting again soon if time permits.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Interests Beyond Comics/Toys

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:07 pm

I collect photographs of Lynda Carter and Ladies of the 60's and onwards; and starting to fade away.

Watch Lt. Kenda ... Homicide Detective

Watch old Television Programs, Batman, Green Hornet, and others too.

I run a club of 188 members that travels around our State, organized dinners, functions, and we averaged about event per month.

Go to Starbucks on a daily basis for Coffee and among other things.

Travel to Victoria about 4-5 times a year to see my best friends from College; been in Victoria about almost 2 years of my life since 1981.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Amulet of Anubis » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:46 pm

I visit Doctor Fate at Starbucks to sit back and enjoy a nice cup of coffee with him. I watch a lot of old war movies like Sink The Bismarck, Twelve O'Clock High, Patton, Midway, The Battle of Britain, and others too. I love Batman TV Show, The Adventure of Superman, Lone Ranger, and the whole flocks of them back then.

I collect pictures too like Doctor Fate and thinking about slowing down like him and we are coordinating each other to entertain all of you and our humble guests as well.

I collect stamps, DVD's, and Comic Books too. I have all the JLA books that associated with Grant Morrison. I also collect Frank Miller Daredevil, Frank Miller Batman, and some assorted Fantastic Four as well too.
I'm a close friend of Doctor Fate / Fate of the World and will be assisting him in both Lynda Carter and Super Babes Threads.
Amulet of Anubis
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:56 pm

There is nothing outside the walls of comics and toys...thinking like that can result in bad things
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:04 pm

Anywho, I mainly collect toys and comics (which have been slowing down A LOT in recent years) but I also do a lot of customizing as most of you know and am a sucker for anything by or having to do with Douglas Adams and Matt Damon.

I collect Chicago Cubs and Green Bay Packers merchandise; as well as watching them as much as I can.

I also collect DVD’s as I love the special features attached .

My wife would say I have way too many tee shirts for one person...so there’s that

And just generally annoying the Hell out of as many people as I can
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:52 am

Idiot Savant wrote:
My wife would say I have way too many tee shirts for one person...so there’s that

I have over 100 in my closet now; used to have 250 and my girlfriend said the same thing like your wife said about yours.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:06 pm

LOL. I need to play catch up with my t-shirt collection. I suddenly feel inadequate! :smlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions