Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

GROUNDHOG DAY IS NOW!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

GROUNDHOG DAY IS NOW!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:45 am

Yep, it's February 2nd. HOLD ON FOR COTTON PICKING MINUTE...It's 2/02/22................THIS IS ONCE IN A LIFETIME DATE AND NEVER TO BE REPEATED AGAIN :shock:

Anyway, every year I look forward to seeing Punxsutawney Phil @ Gobbler's Knob!

Did he see his Shadow today? Will there be an early spring or six more weeks of winter :?: FIND OUT via this fun video that just happen just a little while ago :D

As a special bonus, I wanted to say a little something about the movie. I loved it, I saw it actually on Groundhog Day in 1993 on a very snow night with My Mom & her boyfriend Jerry at our great AMC theater in Crestwood Plaza! It was a great and memorable night! If you somehow never seen this movie here is THE INFO on Wikipedia!

Here is the movie trailer. IMO it was last great of classic comedies.

Here's this iconic scene!

Here is fave seen in the whole movie!

Oh I love it when they talk about Wrestlemania in the diner, that one would be WM 9 @ Cesar's Palace by the way!

Now fast forward to 2020, Jeep made a commercial for the Super Bowl and the cast made a special return and it was great seeing them back together again after nearly 30 years and I thought it was done well. I was pretty euphoric about this little event :!:

That's it, have a happy and safe Groundhog's Day :cheers:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: It's GROUNDHOG DAY!

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:37 pm

Bing!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: It's GROUNDHOG DAY!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:17 am

Bing! Hah, great scene PB...classic ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: It's GROUNDHOG DAY - Phil's Ex-Wife!!!!!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:04 pm

Saw this meme online, wanted to share it :lol: :smsmh: :batlol: :wwlol:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

GROUNDHOG DAY IS NOW!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:16 am

It's that time of year, can you believe it :? :?: :o :shock: :batconfused: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Here is the great video, did Punxsutawney Phil see his shadow :?: Watch this great event, I would love to be there and see this in person. Oh listen to that awesome classical music when their walking out, its sounds so great :batsmile:

MORE :!:

Groundhog Day 2023 - 4.jpg

Groundhog Day 2023 - 5.jpg

Look in My Odds & Ends for My big and very special Groundhog Day Movie showcase here --- >http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post46106.html#p46106
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to General Discussions