Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Kirstie Alley dies - Barry Windham in ICU:(

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Kirstie Alley dies - Barry Windham in ICU:(

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:53 am

I just found out that Kirstie Alley has died :o I always liked her. I was going to post about her great show that came out in 2013 later on in the Christmas topic...

I had no idea about this :( I'll never forget her great appearance in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. I always found her so different, great looking and cool. she was such a good actress...I will miss her voice too :(

Kirstie Alley 1.jpg

Here wikipedia page ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirstie_Alley

If that wasn't bad enough, at the same time I found out that Barry Windham just had a heart attack and is in the ICU :( I talk about him off & on on the board here about how great he was as a wrestler and that he is Black Jack Mulligan's son & Mike Rotunda's brother and Bray Wyatt's uncle but nobody ever says anything about that :roll: Like his dad, he has had major issues with the WWE in court about injures over the years, I hope he pulls through :roll:

Barry Windham 1.jpg
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Kirstie Alley dies - Barry Windham in ICU:(

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:36 pm

I saw about Windham yesterday, then my wife told me about Kirstie Alley last night. Sad. She was great on Cheers. I always liked the seasons with her over Diane. And I remember seeing Look Who's Talking in the theatre.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:39 pm

Sucks about Kirstie Alley. Really enjoyed her on Cheers. Barry Windham was a really good wrestler. I would not say he was one of my favorite but I enjoyed his matches. Also I heard Brandon talks about Barry Windham on and off on the board.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:36 pm

Sad news to see Kirstie Alley passing from Cancer. I grew up watching Cheers as well and she as a big part of that.

I've always been a fan of classic wrestling and Barry Windham was a big part of that. Saw his shoot interview not long ago. Hope the big guy pulls through.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:57 am

PB - Yes, she was. See how good she was there, I always found her so different but so dang beautiful. I never seen an actress that could fill her shoes before or since. I liked Look Who's Talking, something you saw that at the show ;)

OSN - Yeah you did, I just said it ;) I guess you hadn't read nor seen My stuff about him among other things in My topics & posts/replies to PB :roll: Recently for My preview of WWE Crown Jewel, I said about Bray Wyatt's Uncle Howdy looks to resemble his "real life uncle" Barry Windham and that this is some sort of homage or even parody of his real life. I thought he was actually going to break character like Dustin did when he was Se7en in WCW when he said I come from a prestigious wrestling family but then he quickly stepped away from that just "teasing" us wrestling fans whom know their lives. I mean he & Bo Dallas were never ever said to be real life brothers on TV, WWE always does this crap and you got people like Me who knows their related I mean look at their faces, anybody that used common sense about siblings and such can tell this...it's in THEIR EYES! Same thing with their father Mike "Michael VK Wallstreet/I.R.S./Irwin R. Schyster" Rotunda, they resemble him in ways too. After Bray Wyatt left after his great Fiend gimmick was killed for such foolish things, he was teasing this & that online via his Twitter & TY about Windham is coming and all this...this is Bray's real name...Windham Rotunda...he's named after his uncle and of course his daddy. I used to know a UPS driver for years that would drop off My packages...he was a big wrestling fan and we'd talk about stuff for a while and he always seemed like he knew a ton but he didn't know about the relation of the Rotundas & Windham and was surprised by it. I guess people just ain't tuned in this stuff as much as one thinks. IDK cause people never says things. A lot of stuff that I think is interesting isn't to most people so I guess it's not a big factor who's related to whom :? I've always liked that stuff especially if you followed the Harts and know all the guys within that big family and I will continue to think that is very interesting & fun :) . So anyway I was hoping that he would go to AEW and become himself for once and have the Windham/Rotunda legacy live on (don't forget they were the U.S Express and actually used Hulk Hogan's theme before it was actually his long ago...even then they weren't revealed to be brothers) but nope, that didn't happen as when suddenly the White Rabbit stuff happened Wyatt returned and teased that it was the same old thing of him talking in the ring as a short clip piece and that is that...IDK what others think but I think it would have suited him to be in AEW way more since his family was known down south in the NWA & WCW way more since AEW in ways is similar like they were but he chose to come back to the WWE, looking all nice & fancy in his clothes for winter with just a few minutes of screen time each show he's on :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Acid - See above about Cheers. Oh yes, he was a tremendous part of the NWA & WCW in the 80s & 90s. His tenures in the WWF was pretty good. His Widowmaker gimmick was great but so brief, he basically continued this when he returned to WCW soon after. I really liked his Stalker gimmick too and especially his Black Jack/NWA gimmick in 97 - 98 and don't forget about his last hurrah in WCW in the very late 90s. He's only in the WWE HOF because he was a Horseman as he still was on bad terms with WWE with he & his father Black Jack Mulligan's case for concussions among other injuries (this is why they made such a huge deal about The New Day winning the belts and becoming the longest reigning champs years ago beating Demolition's record cause Demolition was one of MANY along with Mulligan & Windham with injuries that got no justice)..look it up, its a big case. I hope he does too Acid :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:07 pm

BrandonDaCollector wrote:I guess you hadn't read nor seen My stuff about him among other things in My topics & posts/replies to PB :roll:

Guess not. Who knows? :?
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Return to General Discussions