Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Quarters Only! Arcade Throwback Thread--Dig it, Matcho Man!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Quarters Only! Arcade Throwback Thread--Dig it, Matcho M

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:40 am

Yeah, you had more opportunities than Me at the Arcades PB ;) Oh yes, Dig Dug. I never played the original arcade game however My Mom originally got it for Me it for Our Commodore 64, that's how I originally knew about it. That Macho Man song you chose is a great one. It's part of the great Wrestlemania The Album from 93 that I showcased in My Vintage Wrestling Collection. I meant to post it a while back but didn't. That video was part of a special music video release in 93...I looked for the other videos online but only Macho Man's is present. If YT has them sometime later I'll post'em in the Themes Topic ;) That Dig Dug Atari commercial was pretty nice. Great stuff here PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:53 pm

That Macho Man song is hokey as hell, but feels like peak early 90s. I was half expecting Ahmad Rashad to take me around the NBA right after. As cheesy as the lyrics are, they're kind of bittersweet now.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:30 am

Yes, like I said, it's from this Album I showcased a while back.

It was hyped up for a long while in 93 so it was a pretty big deal when it was released in 1993 and it was a massive deal to Me and I've loved it ever since. On Macho's song I always found the lyrics good, they where pure Macho Man and when I listen to it in recent times I find them very sad especially when you listen to certain words, put the pieces together and you think how he passed away and all of that :roll: Now WWF played the Wrestlemania Slam Jam theme even to the height of the Attitude Era. In fact those video in the Promo section of Wrestlemania in 60 Seconds, they begin most of the videos with that same theme. I'll see if I can post the video in the Wresting Theme Topic soon ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:01 pm

Yep, the lyrics are pretty sad but poignant now.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:37 pm

Loved Dig Dug but mostly played the NES version.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:51 am

PB - Very true :roll:

Acid - I don't think I ever played it on the actual NES however I did play that version when I got it via Virtual Console for My Wii U so I finally did then :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Discussions