Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Quarters Only! Arcade Throwback Thread--Dig it, Matcho Man!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Quarters Only! Arcade Throwback Thread--NAAAAAAAAAAAARC!

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:55 pm

Hey both moments were iconic. :smlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:57 am

Hah, sounds like a great B-Day Acid ;)

PB - Yes, Narc on th NES was a bit toned down but it was still great. Oh I saw both of'em at the show, they were pretty big for Me then. There is a big moment in the second TMNT I gotta talk about later in a special topic :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:11 am

Well, since we talked about the TMNT and this is the arcade topic, I thought it would be very apropos to talk about Konami's TMNT: Turles in Time! Remember PB we talked about it a long while back :?: Anyway, long story short, it was 1994, I was with My Mom and her new boyfriend at the time with his three kids, 2 boys & a girl. The kids were cool, I got a long with'em just fine, surprisingly we had the same interests including watching wrestling and playing games :) We went to Chuck E. Cheese one night which was the same location as Showbiz Pizza Place (because they owned them) whom I showcased in My topics before. Anyway, I got a ton of tokens & quarters and I wanted to play games. The Star Wars:Arcade Game was gone (see My RECAP in the My SW topic with a new bonus at the climax) and they had Jurassic Park and some others but then I saw TMNT: Turtles in Time. I already had it for the SNES but gosh here was My opportunity to play it on the arcade and I was off to it! It was so cool playing it there and I BEAT IT :o I must have played it for close to an hour or possibly longer :smsmh: :wwsmh: :batshock: It was a great fun time. OK, here is the cool stuff now ;)

Here is the classic arcade play, gosh this was really cool still from the days when the TMNT were just so fun ;) watch the beginning, a little Narc-esque :o

That's all from Me today in this topic, did you play it before at the arcade(s) or was your first time on the SNES :?: Later dude :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:03 pm

I never got into the big side-scrolling four player arcade games when I was a kid, because I was usually alone (sad Eeyore face). I remember the NES TMNT game, but TMNT got popular when I was a little older, and though I saw the films in the theatre, I didn't even always watch the cartoon nor did I get in to the action figures.

A couple years ago when we were at the Rochester Museum of Play they had The Avengers game setup and you could play for free and me and my son went through it and beat the game.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:23 am

Shame. Yes, the TMNT NES games were really fun and especially for the SNES! They need to make a special collection of ALL the TMNT Konami games, I would love that for the console!

Never seen that Avengers game before but what a great looking game and that's cool you and your son played it for FREE :o and beat it TOO :shock: Congrats PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:14 am

That Museum of Play is something. It's too bad you guys don't live closer. It's a great place for kids and adults because of all the retro toys and video games.

https://www.museumofplay.org/exhibits/w ... l-of-fame/

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:13 am

That place looks great, I'd go there as much as I could! The gal talking about Mario Kart 64, oh yeah, Me & My Grandma probably played that the most of any games together, it's a true classic :) I have a Mario plush similar like that in that case. Gosh, them Game Boys & games are so classic, I gotta do My Game Boy showcase soon :batsmile:

Great stuff PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:00 am

Since I just posted Mario for the NES in teh console topic, I thought it would be apropos to quickly post about the Mario Bros. Arcade game too! I actually played this twice, maybe not as much as others but I got to do it :) The first time was a convenient store to a fun trip in Illinois in either 1990 or 1991! Then a few years later at a laundromat with My Grandpa PoPo. I was amazed that both places had them to play, nobody else wanted to play'em there so I did :) So vintage classic Mario :batsmile:

Now I have the NES version on My Wii U via Virtual Console + it has made bonus cameos in other games such as Super Mario Bros. 3 and elsewhere. Make sure you check out My Mario games in the console topic too which the SNES Mario games are next. I have more great arcade entries but that will be sometime later ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:52 am

I probably played that a few times at Pizza Huts but its popularity predates me by a couple years, and by the time I was around, there were games with better graphics that I would've been more likely drawn to.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:42 am

Is see PB.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions