Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Recent Acquirements: My B-Day!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Recent Acquirements from 2020 - I FINALLY GOT THEM!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:41 am

Holy cow, I just got Hudson vs. the Scorpion Alien from the vintage Kenner Aliens vs. Marines series :o I had enough funds to get them brand new! If you have seen My Christmas & B-Day topic then you already know that I have been after this vintage series for being foolish and not finishing collection when I could have. These guys came out in 1996, I remember seeing them around that time @ K-B Toys. I am almost got all of them now. These are more movie based than comic. Hudson is kinda of a repaint of Apone and has some new gear however. Where as he Scorpion Alien is a repaint of the original version. These guys cost Me a bit but I considered it a Valentines Present by, to and from Myself :)

Till next time, I'll see you around :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Recent Acquirements from 2020 & 2021 - Updated 2/4/21!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:52 pm

I just got the vintage Kenner Aliens vs Marines series Vasquez vs. The Night Cougar Alien today! I looked out & had enough funds but the availability was extremely limited. I have wanted this 2-pack for about 25 years and now I got em'!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Recent Acquirements from 2020 & 2021 - Updated 3/25/21!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:37 am

Holy cow, I just got 2 Kenner Aliens two packs! I got O'Malley vs. The Queen Face Hugger and the Alien vs. Predator. I remember seeing all of these guys at K-B Toys so long ago hoping to get them and now I did :o O'Malley completes My Marines as you just saw recently that I got Hudson & Vasquez...25 years later I finally got them! Yes, the AvP 2-pack! This eluded Me way back in the day in 93 so again, over 25 years later I got them. They were the first ever in a set and years later companies would be inspired to make their own. Well, I had enough funds to get these great figures thank goodness.

Soon, I will be creating a special & huge Vintage Action Figure Collection topic and I will feature all of these and the rest of My Kenner AVP Collection with tons more of My collections so be on the look out for them in the near future!

Till next time, I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Recent Acquirements from 2020 & 2021 - Updated 7/07/21!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:35 am

Oh yeah, I just got some great stuff :o Stuff that I have been needing for a a very long time and something that I just found out about not that long ago. I got it all yesterday from on eBay and here they are :shock:

The Neomorph Alien with baby & Berserker Predator: I just found out about these guys not that long ago earlier on in the year about February or March. When I did I wanted them and knew I had to get them. These are part of NECA's awesome Aliens & Predators that are a tribute to Kenner's original awesome line back in the day. As you have seen previously within this topic, I was heavily trying to complete My collection of Kenner's AvP series. So I wanted these two figures by NECA because they were made in that same style and are in scale with them at 5.5" unlike their others at about 7". Look at the artwork and the overall packaging, it's so far-out reminiscent and I love it! I love these figures. As of this moment, they are still wanting to extended the series. I hope they make an Engineer from Prometheus and the Urban City Hunter from Predator 2. Please make them, I need them...bad :!: Been looking on eBay for a great deal for the two together ever since and just found it! Wow I am so glad that I made that transaction :batgrin:

Swoop Biker! Yes, from Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire! I found him at an extremely low price, brand new :!: He was one of the only figures I needed from the series. I love SOTE and it was arguably My fave SW story along with Dark Forces before the Disney takeover :roll: This is a great little set, it brought Me back in 1996, 25 years ago this year :o :shock: One great bonus I didn't expect was a great Kenner Hits booklet in the box presenting many of their fun lines, however, this is when Hasbro really wasn't hiding that they own Kenner & Tonka anymore :roll: I loved those back in the day. Things have changed and I miss those time dearly but at least I got him now :)  

Ellie Sattler and baby Tricertops! Yes, from the original Jurassic Park series again by Kenner! Yep, I loved Kenner...My favorite one :!: So, I needed her as she was one of the few humans that I needed from the original series. Back in the day My Grandparents got Me a ton of JPs in 93 but they couldn't find her for Me anywhere but now I finally got her along with her little friend. I got her loose at a very cheap price in really great condition and didn't get her ginormous weapon which was OK as I really didn't want it but the little dino was a must. The JPs go great with the Congos :idea: So I am really happy with them and now they are part of My collection!

So there you have it, In time I will feature all of these and so much more in My vintage action figure topic within their respected franchises once I am finished with My great 80s showcase in My Vintage Action Figure Topic!. I hope you liked what I just got :D
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Recent Acquirements from 2020 & 2021 - Updated 8/24/21!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:23 am

So, it was early August, I wanted to continue get some figures that I needed for My older collections. Thanks goodness I had some funds. I saw some great deals on Amazon & eBay of stuff that I wanted for a very long time, basically 26 or so years :o Figures that I wasn't able to get when I was much younger. So here is My great goods that I recently got :!:

ALIENS: Action Masters 4 Pack: Yes, as you have seen earlier on in the topic, it was My personal mission to get further completion of Kenner's Aliens, Predators and Marines figures. Now, this Aliens Action Masters four Pack were some figures that completely alluded Me back...way back when. These were available in 1994 and apparently thru 1997. I don't ever recall seeing these figures at a Toys"R"Us, a K-B Toys or any where else for that matter. I believe I discovered these guys in the very late 90s or early 2000s on the web, possibly a Tomart ad or some random action figure review page. I believe these figures weren't that popular back in the day which search Me why if that was indeed the case :?  Anyway, these figures are made by Kenner whom made the standard Aliens, Marines and Predator figures. I had opened these guys up and I absolutely love them. These Action Masters are a mixture of rubber & metal which really remind Me of Tonka's great Willow figures back in 88 that I featured in My great Vintage Action Figure Topic! In fact, I believe like many things and times, Hasbro borrowed if you will this concept from the originator which was Tonka that they bought out along with Kenner :roll: With exceptions these figures could be in scale with them :o All of the Xenomorphs has a point of articulation via their neck. They are all sculpted & painted really well for their small, 2" scale and especially for the era. They also include 4 exclusive trading cards that I just digg. I love the bios on the backs of them. The blister card is rather nice with good art and a cool checklist plus a special offer of the other figures within the series. I wouldn't mind to get all of them one day in the future but right now I'm just hoping to get The Predator and The Terminators. One sweet serendipitous aspect of the whole set is that the Ovomorph is actually in scale with the regular figures so I will be displaying it with them from time to time. These figures all connect to each other via their bases. Look for My entire AvPvM collection plus these great new acquisitions in My great Vintage Action Figure Topic when I get to the 90s to be featured in a major showcase :batshock:

STAR TREK! For a long time I was looking at My Star Trek figures by Playmates and I realized that My collection was good but wasn't as complete as I'd like it to be. I stopped collecting them in 94/95 which was really foolish but I made up for big time. I didn't want any variants, just the characters I needed to make My display and collection for plentiful. I actually was missing some important and key characters. I have always had a soft spot for Playmates and in fact they were arguably My fave company of all next to Kenner, Hasbro and McFarlane. By studying these figures I come to realize how great and realistic these depictions are and in fact I believe they were only beaten when Mcfarlane came around...that's how tremendous I think these figures are. Another cool fact is with exceptions, they are in scale with Kenner's AvP series' which is great but not with Star wars though. One thing is I was very rusty on is the scale, these are 4 55" to 5", you gotta watch out because Playmates made some figures 6" to 7" tall that angered fans and collector's a like so if I wouldn't have done My research I would have been dumbfounded and quite frankly, upset and disgusted because their not in scale therefore would totally mess up that realism of realistic heights that I love! Another thing is these are cheap, much cheaper than I imagined and I'm glad of it. Now get this, I got 2 or 3 of these tremendous vintage figures for the price of the current markets 1 Star Wars Black or AEW or Marvel Legends among others...the price points in this whatever day and age era we're in now is so ridicules...I find these just as good if not better than those offered currently and so much funner too! I mean look at the packaging and overall what you get...need I say anymore? OK, here is whom I picked up so far :!:

Deana Troi & Dr. Crusher: I needed the two first lovely ladies of TNG!

Ambassador Sarek: I have Mr. Spock but I needed his father!

Vena the Animal Woman & Ilia Probe: I needed these beauties to go with My OS Star Trek collection!

The DataLore Twins: Lore & Professor Data! I needed Data but realized I needed his brother too. I got Prof. Data because he was the cheapest to get and besides, I love this alternate version!

The Duras Sisters: Lursa and B'Etor! I needed these Klingon babes to further My collection and displays!

Now here is an extremely special set that I needed very much. For Me it had a similar origin like My ALIENS: Action Masters 4 Pack: seen above. Here it is!

Micro Machines Star Trek Collectors's Set by Galoob! I loved Micro Machines back in the day of the late 80s thru mid 90s. I thought they were so much funner than Mattel's Hot Wheels. I just didn't get cars and among other vehicles, I got a lot of epic Star Wars Micro Machines back in 95 - 96. Like Tonka & Kenner, Hasbro bought Galoob as well :roll: So, for the longest time I kept on thinkin' I need those Star Trek Micro Machines to be with you and to crossover in an epic display! I am so impressed with these and how detailed they are how and great their sculpting is! Like the Playmates Star Trek figures, I have always loved Micro Machines packaging and companies don't make anything this grand anymore!

So there it is of My recent haul! In time I will feature all of this in My great Vintage Action Figure Topic! So if you are just now checking this topic out please look back within and check out My other great stuff I got previously! Comments and questions if ya got'em please :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:38 pm

These Star Trek Micromachines are some of the most amazing miniatures I've ever seen.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:01 am

Thanks AcidDragon :) Yes, they are, like I said, they don't make'em like this anymore nor do they with the great Playmates Star Trek figures as well!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Recent Acquirements from 2020 & 2021 - Updated 12/31/21!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:50 am

Oh boy, here we go :!: :bounce: Here is what I got to, for & by Me for Christmas (gosh it was just about a week ago already :shock: :!: I wanted to continue My collections some more as much as I can. It really didn't take Me a while to get all what I wanted and it was fun waiting for them to come to via the mail and I wanted to get it all before people stormed cyberspace for Black Friday & Cyber Monday. I got all of these for super cheap prices, thank goodness much cheaper than current offerings during this current market. I put all of them a big box and kept looking at them for days, really weeks though, amazing how after all of these years within decades this is the first time I ever did that and in fact I believe was the only person doing that this year or any year for that matter :shock:

Like I said, I wanted to continue My collection and that collection is My Star Trek figures by Playmates, if you are unfamiliar with Me collecting them then go back rather shortly within this topic, I got some of them earlier on in the Summer. I am quite pleased with My presents to Myself, the sculpting is great for the time period as I had stated previously and it's so cool getting them that I could many, many years prior and opening up vintage figures of this nature reliving those times of old and plenty :D

Guinan & Ensign Seska: I got Guinan as she was a crucial character and Seska was also a must!

Seven of Nine & Jadzia Dax: For a long time I was looking for SON but her regular human for was an exclusive thus making her very hard to obtain to due to high pricing & availability so that was not an option for Me so I had to settle for her Borg incarnation which was kinda high as well but it was still affordable. Now I was wanting Dax a lot too but there was several versions of her to choose from but her Klingon gear was available at a really low price so I wanted her in that one with no doubt as I thought this was a very hot, awesome and an imperative depiction of her to have as she will go great with the rest My Klingon display :!:

Dr. Soran: He was a must and he was the only new character made for the Generations movie line other than the Klingon sisters previously seen as the rest was variants &amp; repaints that I wasn't interested. He has a great likeness like all of them!

The 1701 3-Pack - Natasha Yar, Captain Picard and Reginald Barclay: This is a another edition of Picard and I already had a figure of him (I'm not a fan of variants and the like, it wastes slots of characters that could be within the series or ones that has never been made before) but its ok to have as he has a different uniform and updated head sculpt so in My book he isn't an exact duplicate. I didn't have Barcley so he was a welcomed addition but the attraction of this special three pack was Yar as she has eluded Me all these years and I finally got her an dshe is quite nice to behold!

The Gorn Captain & The Mugatu: Ah hah! I've been wanting these two alien monstrosities for a very, very long time! Honestly I didn't think I'd get these guys but I did at good prices. These guys will be perfect for My original series collection as well as I could mix it up with TNG and have even more displaying fun! the likenesses of the creatures are uncanny, Playmates did such a superb job for back then in 97!

Now it is a sweet bonus: here is Zealot from the Wild C.A.T.S. comic &amp; TV series also made by Playmates! I had totally forgot about this series from many, many years ago. How I found her was I making sure I didn't miss anybody else on Amazon as I typed it Star Trek Playmates, going page by page and then she popped up and I was very surprised that I saw her. While she wasn't on My radar at this time, I would have kicked Myself in the @$$ so hard if skipped her so I got her and she is terrific beauty! I'm not quite sure what series I will place her in yet and not sure if I will go for the rest of her line but right I'm happy with just her!

Action Masters Predator: Yes, finally I got him! He goes nicely with My previously seen within the topic Action Master Aliens set! This is actually the Urban City hunter despite the cool trading card is of the Jungle Hunter! I got him so cheap, only $9. I men he is metal with great sculpting and with a cool bio card, try getting anything this good &amp; complete for that price in this current day &amp; age's offerings! While only a couple still elude Me, I basically have all of Kenner's classic AvPvM series so I wanted to move on to Star Trek as I did earlier on in the Summer but I do want them other ones I don't have but it's gonna be hard gettin'em. Now them Action Masters especially the Terminators is truly a no brainer and the DC &amp; Star Wars are sweet too, maybe I can get a hold of them in the future, we shall see.

Well, that'll do it for now, until I get some more goodies, I'll see you around :scbat:

-------------------------------------------

Update on 1/1/22!

IMPORTANT NOTE about Sevin of Nine: I was very disappointed to find out about that when I was double checking about the series earlier on last year (2021) as I was very rusty on it from My very long hiatus from collecting them way back in 94. I needed to make sure I knew the entire list of characters & variants that was made and so on but arguably the most important aspect of these was that after Generations they switched scales from 4.55"/5" to 6" & 7" and 9" & 12" so I had to make sure about that because I didn't want nobody out of scale :!: Anyway, she was a much more complicated release than what I said cause that was a basic explanation. The figure I have that you just saw is her drone form. Her regular, well known, busty blond babe form was a ToyFare exclusive in 1999 and there was a variant which was a Target exclusive also in 1999 and to My knowledge there was one other human variant that was an International exclusive. She was one of the very last figures ever to be made and released of the ST series by Playmates thus making her one of the rarest, most obscure and hardest figures of the entire line to obtain and all of this is due to with Playmates' questionable decisions as it sounds so opposite of what they should have done so ut was backwards and indeed it was :shock: One would think that the Drone/Borg version would the chase/exclusive but it wasn't reversed and just not the case. I just checked again and there is very few of the human versions available on the bay and what is available is going for really high bids and extremely high BINs :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: I would imagine she is on a list of one of the most difficult figures to get ever! Its rather disappointing to Me but then again I did get a good version of her so I ain't gonna complain about that :scww:

That's all for now about that small update, until next time I get get some more goodies I'll see you around :scbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Recent Acquirements from 2020 & 2021 - My Birthday Haul!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:55 am

Well, here we are back to My Recent Acquirements topic. As you just saw I got some really cool vintage stuff for Christmas, well during that time when I ordered and got them, I shopped for My B-Day too before the Black Friday & Cyber Monday madness hit and/ or when the prices changed cause on Amazon the price ALWAYS change, sometimes for the worse and sometimes for the better and sometimes stock depletes when you least expect it. Seemed like the BF & CM wasn't as hard hitting this time around as it was years prior. I know I complain about this day & age's pathetic offerings and insane prices but I will become an outlier if it benefits Me to what I need & want. I thought I'd new what i wanted for My B-Day months ahead of time even during the Summer months but man-o-man I changed My list which i will get to in a little while. I got everything you are about to see at Amazon. So here is what I got for My very special day :)

Godzilla vs. Kong 8 Piece set: I had been searching all year (2021) on Amazon but really it stared in late 2020 for a legit set of the depictions in the latest MonsterVerse film! I really liked Playmates's versions but they were too darn high for My budget. Well, I found not one but 2 sets and they were much more affordable (second one is coming up) and while I was on the fence about this one for only a few moments, I bought it cause I knew if I didn't I would kick Myself so hard in the @$$...they only had 1 left in stock so I got the last one they had and they still haven't got them back in stock as I am writing this :shock: These are made by Zavr and they are in the style of Funko's pop figures. I really don't want to consider it but I believe these are possible bootlegs and/or knockoffs because they strongly look similar like the former. I am not a fan of that style as I prefer much more realistic versions but I had to make the exception with these guys as they really made Me have a soft spot for them. There's 2 versions of Godzilla, 2 versions of Mechagodzilla and 4 versions of Kong! Both Godzilla figures have the atomic & beam breath feature but Mechagodzilla's left hand is more closed. Now Kong's figures are really cool, 1 version is regular, 1 with city weapon, 1 with his ax and the other is a depiction of Neon City Kong! All standard Kong figures' heads can easily pop off and you can switch them and make a variant to your liking, its extremely fun! Their all about 4"-5" tall. The paint isn't that great but it's just OK, the sculpting is really good and their quality is very durable. Now the bag in the pic is Zavr's own special bag that was included and they were all in individual plastic resealable bags. These figs sure smell good too :!: Like I said, these maybe possible knockoffs but that is no issue to Me in this case, you could pay $11.99 and way up there in the price range of $50 for just one of Funko's but I think I made out with a pretty good deal as this set cost Me $25.99 with free shipping! Oh, 1 more thing, like My previously seen Godzilla: KOTM set I got in 2020 seen within this topic (by the way, Amazon no longer has them too), these are also considered to be cake toppers...now who in the SamHain in their right mind would put these on cakes :shock: Search Me really, really hard as to why anybody would ever think of thinking of that crazy nonsense :x In the pic is My sealed bag from Zavr, while I just mocked it up with the photos that was on Amazon!

OK, Godzilla vs. Kong Set #2: Now these guys were a bit more expensive but considering they are a specially important set, $40 with free ship wasn't a huge biggie to Me, I had bought many similar Kaiju, Kong and Dinosaur figures like these years ago so I am used to that price point aspect. This set is made by Bandai and it is of their Gashapon High Grade Diorama Set. This is actually My first Gashapon High Grade set as I have always wanted one since the 2000s. The sculpting is dynamic, arguably the most accurate MonsterVerse figures ever made :!: :!: Their only a couple inches in height as most Japanese figures are of this nature. Each one is in a identical Godzilla "skin" egg/case with an identical booklet in each one. They are in plastic bags disassembled. They were a pain to put together...LITERALLY :!: After assembling them and pushing them hard My hands were so tired and their spikes & fins really hurt. MechaGodzilla comes apart very easily unfortunately. Seems like they are made outta tougher material than I'm used to and are actually the hardest ones I've ever put together. The scale is off as well, Kong is way smaller than he should be next to the Godzillas..looks like he is still young from KSI but oh well. It's awesome putting the Skullcrawler next to the Godzillas however.

In the pic is My sealed bag from Amazon, while I just mocked it up with the photos that was on Amazon!

Now, here we go with some awesome vintage goodness! STAR WARS! My mind was heavy...I say HEAVY on Shadows of the Empire last year in 2021 because it was that's story's 25th Anniversary and its My fave of all-time as I briefly showcased it in My great Video Game Topic. So long ago I got the SOTE figures but I came to a realization & had a revelation that I needed to expanded upon them and the series was relatively small within itself and that I didn't have most characters that appeared in the story. So I studied it even further than usual. I came to the conclusion of adding more characters via My fan fiction with figures I already have from years prior and still making the display make sense, reasonable and logical. Its a rather large but incredible one. Now, here is the ones that I never got before that I've always wanted: POTF 2 - 1997 (25 years ago this year! Dengar & Bossk and POTJ - 2000 IG-88! I stopped collecting SW figures in the middle 2000s after ROTS winded down and I never should have and these guys I wanted the most out of the classics. I had the options to choose the remakes from 2004 from ESB Executor Meeting series but I compared them closely I preferred the ones from 97 because they were way more accurate in detail. Plus these were the first ones released and more vintage to My liking. I loved handling them on their card for weeks but knew come My B-Day I'd to open them up but gosh, there is very little that defeats holding a brand new vintage action figure sealed on the card in your hands :!: Now I got these guys pretty cheap on Amazon. I got Dengar for $4.40 along with My previously seen 2020 Christmas present Zealot all for $19.40 from the same seller via combined shipping...what a wonderful bargain that was...oh I love it! I got Bossk for $19.99 free shipping and IG-88 for $25.99 free ship. Now they were higher yes and while it was a bit outta My low wallet, I needed these guys and especially IG-88 cause I've always loved him and never had a figure of him before much like Dengar! I mean the current market offers SW in 6" scale where you have to recollect everybody all over again. These characters that I just got has been time and time remade again ad again and they have depictions in the current Black Series @ $19.99 then shortly they go sky high on the bay...as I write this they all go for big bucks in the upper double-digits, I've seen some some especially Dengar that is well over the $100 mark...no thanks man. I want the stuff I couldn't/didn't get many years ago and that is still at decently surprising prices then these new, Disney controlled remakes that is at nearly insane affordable prices! By the way, Dengar wasn't officially part of SOTE but he is in My fan fiction ;) Oh and these figures are as great as they were way back when I saw them on such toy shelves and pegs like @ Walmart & TRU :!:

Look at that cool classic packaging. the first 2 are are still under the Kenner series but the POTJ is full blown Hasbro, another power hungry company that took over so much and her POTJ is My fave SW series...go figure :roll:

Now My next figure is of the Kenner - SW POTF 2 Momaw Nadon the Hammerhead! Later on I realized I already had him days after I ordered him and I was kicking Myself for not looking through My collection more carefully but I have accepted to keep him MOC because the woman I ordered him from was extremely nice, shipped him literally minutes after I placed My ordered and I got him in only a couple of days + by keeping him MOC will always remind of how it feels to hold a brand new SW -POTF 2 figure, how classic this series is/was and what it all meant history-wise back in the day of 1996 :!:

Now this babe came a bit later to My attention. When I thought I was done with My B-Day shopping time but I started thinking extensively to make darn sure there was nobody else then I came across Maris Brood from the awesome the Force Unleashed video game! After that her story was never talked about again. Her time-line fits in My new fan fiction and she's within it now as a Gray Jedi. IMO she is an awesome Zabrak honey. She is part of Hasbro's 30th Series and one of the last before the dreaded Disney regime :roll:

Now here we go with My most prized figures of My entire B-Day lot! For years I was contemplating on getting them since 2013/2014 but I got them now :!: I had other stuff on My mind but these ultimately won Me over way more :shock: The Alien ReAction Figures! They are made by Super7 & Funko! Some of you may already know but if you don't know the story about their origins here is a briefing about it. Kenner had the licensed to make action figures from the classic 1979 Alien film. They had already made a giant 18" version of Big Chap but it stirred so much controversy from parents thus canceling the whole line. Decades later Super7 got into the vault if you will and found the original sculpts and decided to make it their mission to bring the series back and they did and it became a success! They are so much like the original Kenner SW figures not only in scale but they also have the same peg holes (the POTF 2 stands do not fit them nor these Alien figures sadly but that is even more of the crucial point of their origins). I basically got the whole series without many of the variants cause you know, every series no matter which one it is, is gotta have those must have variants (wow, we have been hearing so much of that word of recent times haven't we???). I got the 3 Nostromo - 3 figure box sets from 2018 of Pack #1: Ripley & her cat Jonesy, Battle-Damaged Ash and Kane in Space Suit with Attached Ovomorph/Facehugger - Pack #2: Parker & Brett and bloody jaws extracted Xenomorph - Pack #3: Dallas & Lambert and Bloody Xenomorph with jaws action feature. Now, the Alien Franchise is one of My most fave and cherished film franchises of all and I will explain that it time at a later date. There is one VERY crucial & imperative aspect of this series is that because these figures are technically made by Kenner and older than I am, they fit WONDERFULLY with the old Kenner Star Wars figures as stated previously and especially fit in greatly with the above seen SW figures and that is one of the BIG reasons why I chose this series is because they are in scale with them...yep, Alien and Star Wars together in the same universe :!: Now their prices were a bit higher than I would've liked but it wasn't too bad but man, the pack with Dallas & Lambert were the highest and hardest ones to obtain however :roll: All figures have 5 POA ecept the Alien with his tail and action features. The all have great sculpting and likenesses, My faves are Brett, Parker and Lambert and one of the selling points of this set was Jonesy, I thought it was really clever to they thought including him, nice touch!

I also got the variant of Kane out of the space suit with a detachable Ovomorph/Facehugger and a regular version of the Alien himself! Like his variants, he has a removable dome revealing his skull as it was meant to be seen as he has a lever to extract/retract his inner jaws! He is really cool! Kane is decent as well and the Facehugger looks pretty authentic for the scale :!:

Again, I thought I was done with My B-Day shopping but I got the Nightfall Alien/Xenomorph from Aliens just in time for My big day. There were 3 variants of this one but My fave the Nightfall version! I also got the Invisible Predator!. Now these are additionally created figures to extend the series thanks to much demand by Collectors & fans alike. I just love the sculpt and beautiful blue paint apps on the Alien and I absolutely adore his blister card, such horrific beauty! Now the Predator is greatly sculpted too with tremendous translucent plastic making him completely see-through. I love his card as well, such creativity!

Now My new ReAction collection wouldn't by fulfilled if I didn't at least 1 Terminator! I got The Terminator and Sarah Connor from T1 and also got the T-1000 from T2! I chose these T1 versions because they were the cheapest plus he was the first type seen and that version of Sarah Connor is such a uncommon version in figure form. Now the T-1000 has been done multiple times in figure form and this was the Entertainment Earth exclusive. These were also extended upon by demand. One special note is when I ordered all of these, the T-1000 was the very first one I got in the mail so he will always be known as My very first Super7-Funko ReAction Figure!

As a whole I have mixed emotions of the ReAction series. Its really the quality more than anything and makes it overall bittersweet. I know they don't move very much and I totally expected that and that isn't a prob for Me whatsoever. My issues is that when you move their arms & legs up and down their sides & crotches wanna crack open and regular Kane's neck is glued tight and one of the bloody Xeno's left arm is glued tight too. Also the T-1000's gun is impossible to put in either of his hands. My prob is it's knowing that they are not working properly. This is one of the reasons why I can't stand today's figures, even if it was from 2014, it's still rather recent and still follows this unneeded and careless trend that these companies shove down our throats not to mention trending off of each other with such high prices. I dealt so much of this even before then with Mattel'sWWE, ToyBiz Marvel Legends, NECA & McFarlane among so many others with articulation problems then and really I don't know how I put up with it all cause I got a ton of figures back in the day. Them vintage SW figures has way better quality than these, in fact seems most of the older stuff is way better the the newer stuff, been thinkin' that for along time now in just about every caetory that on ecan possible come up with in this day and age. So really I'm not sure if I'm gonna collect these ReAction figures any further. There are more characters to get in the Aliens, Predator and Terminator series' plus there is a ton more from many other series's. At least I have 1 representative from Aliens & Predator cause they complement each other so well from the great classic crossover by Dark Horse Comics long ago and at least I got a bit of Terminator as well. You could do it with Kenner's awesome series but they were a bit out of scale with Aliens, Predator, Marines & Terminator and others of the tremendous series back in the 90s but when your a huge AvP fan like Me you want more. then again, since these guys are limited in POA it's no big deal and is really fun to display Alien, Predator and Terminator together with others like Star Wars! So who knows, I might get more later on down the road, we'll see.

SPECIAL BONUS!

Here is My 2 big boxes of all of My Christmas & Birthday goodies that I kept looking at day after day, night after night waiting for the time to open them up. Of all the holiday's I've had, this is the first one I ever did for Myself like this and I'm probably one of the very few people that has ever done it before! Look at it before it was all opened up by Me :!:

By the way, Aliens & T2 and POTF 2 had anniversaries last year and Predator turns 35 this year too :o

Well there you have it, that is what I got by, for and to Me for My Birthday :scbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Recent Acquirements from 2020 & 2021 - My Birthday Haul!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:31 pm

WOW! That's a lot of toys. I've seen Walmarts with fewer action figures. Nice.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions