Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

RIP Gilbert Gottfried

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

RIP Gilbert Gottfried

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:53 pm

Legendary comedian Gilbert Gottfried passed away today at the age of 67. One of the most easily recognizable voices, Gottfried was the voice of Iago in Aladin as well as guest appearing in TV shows for the last several decades like Night Coiurt and Wings. Gottfried was also the original voice of the AFLAC duck until some controversial tsunami joke tweets got his endorsement deal cancelled. Sadly, we've lost a lot of comedians in the last year or so.

Here's a hilarious string of Hollywood Squares where he basically commandeered the show as both contestants needed his square for the win.

These are a little NSFW

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: RIP Gilbert Gottfried

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:47 pm

Damn what? No way. Man, I'm floored. Did not see this coming. He's been at some Conventions I've been to and it's crazy how mellow and soft-spoken he actually is. RIP.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:42 am

Ah that's a shame, may he rest in peace :roll: He was quite funny. I first saw him on USA Up All Night when I was a youngster in the 80s when TV was actually fun to watch, remember that? Oh I loved that time on USA, I gotta talk about it more in the future :) I loved how he was in Problem Child 1 & 2 and not that long ago he was actually a serious character on L&O: SVU. He was an OOAK comedian and he he will be missed :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:21 pm

That's right, I remember mostly Rhonda Sheer but he was also on. The one movie I always remember seeing on there was Motel Hell (not a great movie by any means).
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:19 am

Yep, gosh Sheer, amazing how she the was the hot one back then and then she just disappeared :roll: Anyway it was great times!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to General Discussions