Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Official Horror Talk Topic!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: The Official Horror Talk Topic!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:18 pm

So you have Peacock now PB or you just signing up? Yeah, was always like that, SOTW was no longer canon when H4 came out, it just became it's own stand alone movie. NOW, if you watch HK, remember, the canon is THIS ORDER NOW: Halloween 78, Halloween 2018 and Halloween kills (but this serves as prequel & sequel too). That is official canon now. I was really bummed that Halloween isn't anymore cause I really liked that one & Halloween 6 is My fave of them all.

Oh as for the gore factor in HK, it's pretty satisfactory or at least fro Me cause I feel many horror movies have lacked that for many, many years now.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:47 pm

Nah, I don't have Peacock.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:20 am

Well, just finished Halloween Kills and , meh. I like the idea behind the movie but if you're going to go that route then have the courage to see it through,
Spoiler:
the ending felt kind of a forced cop-out to keep the franchise going, and everyone ends up looking dumb. I guess there's already a third movie because it's a trilogy, which I didn't know until after seeing. I don't know, it just felt rather pointless. I like the idea of a mob going after MM and ending him, but then Judy Greer sticks a knife in his back and they all just stop? C'mon. Ask Regindald Denny how mobs work. The fire fighters at the beginning were unintentionally laughable and I almost stopped at that point.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:11 am

Gosh, how did you watch it if you don't have Peacock? Theatre, PPV/Rent, or other way? Anyway, I really like the firefighter scene, I like them insane scenes like that. Oh that homage to the masks from Halloween III! Yeah it's gonna be a trilogy and the next one is called Halloween Ends.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:23 pm

Replying to your Witch's Night Out reminded Me of this. My Grandpa recorded that along with The Halloween that Almost Wasn't on the Disney Channel when I was a kid in around 86 I believe. I don't know if your familiar with that one but its one of My all-time faves. Check it out, its a funny true classic :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:19 pm

Hmmm, that does not look familiar.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:20 pm

So did you have a chance to watch it PB? Its one of the best ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:34 am

So I have been thinking of this topic and I have been wanting to resurrect it of sorts. I have a lot of plans for it for the near future which I want to this go beyond Halloween and for any horror talk needs this is the topic for it! Like I have done in PB's regular movie trailer topic as well as in My Cryptozoology topic, I sometimes have major write ups for films, TV shows and what not that is special to Me one way or another.

So I have briefly discussed in PB's rad 31 Days of Halloween topic of USA's Saturday Nightmares. It was a great show that aired every Saturday in the 80s and very, very early 90s. It was during a time when TV was actually fun watching and when times seemed special before all of the hoopla we have now. When Weekends meant something and something scary too. Me & My Grandma loved it when they would have all of these spooky movies on late at night :blsm:

Here is the INTRO!

Now there was one show on Fox & USA from 1987 - 1988 and that Me & My Grandparents just loved and that was Werewolf :!:

It's never had a proper due as it never got a official DVD release and it's been forgotten by most :smsmh: :batsmh: :wwsmh:

Werewolf TV Show 1.jpg

It starred Michael J. York, Raphael Sbarge, Michelle Johnson & Chuck Connors. This was the first time I saw these guys except for Sbarge as I had seen in My Science Project many times, which look for a special about that soon from Me cause it's one of My all-time faves. Connors isn't in the whole series but he is so great :!: I had a big crush on Michelle Johnson here, she was such a classy hot ideal babe :batsmile: There was also many other familiar faces here including Cobra's Brian Thompson :shock:

Werewolf TV Show 2.jpg

Here is it's Wikipedia page --->https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werewolf_(TV_series)

Here is the trailer that was originally on FOX :!:

Someone has the whole series up on YT, whenever you have the time or urge I seriously recommend watching it. I would especially for the first few minutes however because of the Native American hunter who talks about UFOs, We loved that when he said that!

MORE great horror stuff to come soon :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:51 am

I hadn't posted these in the PB's Halloween topics as I wanted to save them for this one so we could have room for other stuff that may not be posted here :blbaf:

I loved USA's Saturday Nightmares and the spooky horror TV of the 80s. Here is two MAJOR shows that I have always loved. It was so exciting that Me & My Grandparents would wait for the weekend for Freddy's Nightmare's & Friday the 13th (and keep in mind Werewolf was still around too). It was 1987 - 1990 when these terrorific times where abound and I miss them dearly. These shows were on Our local Channel 11 who which was always great back then as they would have scary movies, Kaiju films such as Godzilla & Gamera, The Three Stooges and so much more. It was arguably My fave channel back then next to USA. Here is the two grandest horror shows of them all IMO :blww:

Here is it's wikipedia page ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddy's_Nightmares

The Commercial!

Oh man I loved Freddy and his voice, I miss the days when he was cool and I knew kids whole loved him too and here is some of his rad scenes!

Here is the intro, ah listen to that music by Nicholas Pike!!

NOTE: The show doesn't featured Jason Voorhees as it isn't about him. Here is it's wikipage ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th:_The_Series

The Promo!

The Commercial!

The Intro, it is so good with a great score by Frederick Mollin!

One of the main characters played by the gorgeous Robey was the first redhead I really liked. She really made the show even better!

FT13thTS - Robey 1.jpg

So if you never experienced these great shows just imagine this as I have: A 6/7 year old kid anticipating these horror series' starting at 10:00 PM on Saturday as Freddy's Nightmares would come on, then Friday the 13th The Series @ 11:00 PM and then at 12:00 AM MIDNIGHT they had the Three Stooges all nighter for 3 hours...3 hours as it ended at 3:00 AM :o :shock: :? :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:. I had this horrorific enjoyment for 3 years until all of it was cancelled in 1990 :roll: These were arguably My funnest times ever watching TV :) My Grandpa would stay up until 12:00 but My Grandma would be with Me all night long. As much as you have seen & read My stories in My Vintage & other topics, now you know some other great times I had back then when I was a youngster :batsmile:

I hope you liked that, we shall see what is next for My topic :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:15 pm

I'm probably never going to watch the entire Werewolf series, but that intro was interesting. If it were something I came across on TV just starting out, I'd probably give it a chance.

I completely forgot about Freddy's Nightmares. I remember being disappointed that Friday the 13th series had nothing to do with Jason. Still, to this day remember the episode where the dancers couldn't stop dancing when a music box played. I don't really recall many other episodes, but that one stuck with me.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions