Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?????

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?????

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:16 pm

I met the creators of Turbo Kid at a screening of their new movie! I also got my Turbo Kid soundtrack signed by them. As soon as my best friend gets the pics online, I'll post them here.

Also, I'll be starting a new tattoo next weekend!
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Cool. I could never decide on if I wanted a tattoo and of what. I always thought something like Boba Fett's Mythosaur emblem would be cool incorporated somehow, or even a GL emblem, but I'm sure lot's of people have things like that. Plus, I've watched enough Ink Master to be afraid the person I picked would eff it up, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:02 pm

I've seen GL emblems, but hey, it's not like you're gonna run into tons of people with them unless you're at a huge comic con. Go for it! I think the Boba Fett emblem would be the cooler one of the two, though. It looks tough, like a cat with sunglasses, a bandana, and a vest.

Ugh, Ink Master. I want to like that show, but it's nothing but drama from the non-Navarro judges, which is weird and annoying. And the show makes tattoo disasters look common, because those people are doing elaborate designs under major time constraints, and half the time the people who want the tattoos want very specific, impossible things. Like, even the Count Vertigo shoulder piece I have was two sessions plus a short third touch-up (lot of black ink to fill in the costume, and not all if it took the first time). The one I'm getting this time - a dueling Lady Snowblood/Female Prisoner Scorpion design on my left shoulder - is probably going to take a similar amount of time, maybe a little longer. But that combination of marathon sessions with not enough time to do it right makes for mistakes. The show's designed to make mistakes happen. A lot of reality competitions are, but it's more forgivable when someone botches a dress on Project Runway than a tattoo.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:37 pm

I guess that makes sense. I just feel like getting only one tattoo would look weird like a mid-life crisis Corvette, and I'm not dedicated enough to get multiples.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:42 pm

I could understand that. Still think you should get that Boba Fett, though. Get it on your wrist and then brandish it at entrances to nondescript buildings. People will think you're part of a secret society!
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:32 pm

"Who made Steve Guttenberg a star? We do. We do..."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:35 am

packerbacker180 wrote:"Who made Steve Guttenberg a star? We do. We do..."

One of my favorites in Police Academy ...

I just watched the original the other day and can't believe it was made in 1984 ... 34 years has passed,
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:42 am

I remember my parents taking me to see Police Academy 2, 3 & 4 in the theatre because I'm that old.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:17 pm

From left: my best friend, me, and the team that made Turbo Kid at the screening of their new film, Summer of '84.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:04 pm

Honestly never heard of this movie. Is it worth checking out?
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions