Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Terminator Salvation MINI Figures Set - Update with Card!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

My Terminator Salvation MINI Figures Set - Update with Card!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:11 am

I am a huge Terminator fan. My favorite film is the Rise of the Machines (no longer canon), however, I loved Terminator 4, I thought is was so proper and had such a nostalgia feel to it especially since the great score was composed by Danny Elfman (one of fave composers of all-time)! Anyway, I was looking for a way to get the Terminator Salvation figures made by Playmates. With My budget and collecting at the time, it was kinda difficult at the time. So the movie and figures came out in 2009 (gosh, 11 YAG!) so year or so came about and I visited My local Family Dollar because sometimes they come through for Me having have a good selection of figures a lot of the big guys have even older stuff plus really obscure things which I go for all the time ;) So lo and behold they had Terminator 4: Salvation figures but WOW was I surprised...these guys I had never seen before and I did a lot of research and even to this day I think they are very obscure :o These figures are mini figures, about only about 1 1/2" tall :shock: Yes, they are really small so there is eight figures all together and some were harder to find than others as usual. It basically includes the same characters from the larger series' and they are molded down. They have 5 POA at the neck, shoulders & hips. The sculpting & paint is quite decent for the size. Once again, Playmate does a good job and I couldn't complain about it :)

Ready :?: ;)

Custom pic I made

The Resistance

The Endoskeletons

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Terminator Salvation MINI Figures Set!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:12 am

The Resistance

Marcus Wright (normal)

Marcus Wright (Battle Damaged)

John Connor

Barnes

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:13 am

Skynet

T-R.I.P.

T-700

T-600 (Battle Damaged)

T-600 (Endoskelton)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:13 am

Set

I hope you have enjoyed this and that it was a surprise to you. Let Me know your thoughts. Until next time, I'll see you around :D
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:24 am

I've not seen this movie, so I'm not really familiar with the characters. The last Terminator movie I actually saw was T2, which I saw in the theatre for a friend's 13th birtday party and I owned GnR's You Could Be Mine cassette single which had Arnold on the packaging because I'm as old as the sun.

But ironically enough I recently purchased a six inch version of that John Connor because I wanted the Terminator robot head he came with to maybe try and slice up for a Beilert Valance custom, so it's kind of funny you shared these. Honestly, the quality of the six inch figure isn't much better than these, and for being so small, they don't look too bad.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:33 am

packerbacker180 wrote:I've not seen this movie, so I'm not really familiar with the characters. The last Terminator movie I actually saw was T2, which I saw in the theatre for a friend's 13th birtday party and I owned GnR's You Could Be Mine cassette single which had Arnold on the packaging because I'm as old as the sun.

But ironically enough I recently purchased a six inch version of that John Connor because I wanted the Terminator robot head he came with to maybe try and slice up for a Beilert Valance custom, so it's kind of funny you shared these. Honestly, the quality of the six inch figure isn't much better than these, and for being so small, they don't look too bad.

Really? Gosh, well its a good one but if you go with the current timeline it is not canon but you could make up your own fan fiction to make it fit or just think of it as a bonus. That's a great story you shared :) Gosh, I remember seeing T2 at the show twice, 1 at a regular theatre in 91 and the other time at a drive-inn in 92 :!: Also, cool pic of the Cassette as well. IMO that song actually fit the film. That is also cool that you wanted to make a Valance custom :o I'm not sure about the large ones as I looked at them very briefly only like once. Yes, My little guys are really impressive for their size and that is one of the reasons why I wanted them + I like mini & small figures.

Thanks dude, I appreciate you sharing your story going down memory lane and posting in My T4 Mini Figure topic :D
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Tango X » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:02 pm

These are pretty cool and remind me of the Darkhorse comics art. Did they do play sets? If not feels like it should have been a no brainer.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:01 am

Tango X wrote:These are pretty cool and remind me of the Darkhorse comics art. Did they do play sets? If not feels like it should have been a no brainer.

Thanks Tango X :D I don't know, maybe they were an inspiration? Nope, no plays sets, just the figures. It seemed ideal yes but oh well :roll: :?
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:54 pm

Nice mini figures. I'm surprised they have POA at all. Kind of remind of the Ninja Turtles playsets they had in the 90s. I am kind of surprised there were no playsets but I guess with Terminator, it would be mostly wastelands. Would probably be fun to army build some of these guys for a table top battle game if you're into that kind of thing. Thanks for sharing!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:16 am

AcidDragon wrote:Nice mini figures. I'm surprised they have POA at all. Kind of remind of the Ninja Turtles playsets they had in the 90s. I am kind of surprised there were no playsets but I guess with Terminator, it would be mostly wastelands. Would probably be fun to army build some of these guys for a table top battle game if you're into that kind of thing. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks a lot AcidDragon :D Actually yes, they are similar like. It would have been cool to have playsets but I think it would have been limited. I am not not into that table top stuff but yeah, these would be ideal but like I mentioned before, these are really rare and hard to find so an army builder would great but rather difficult to do. Thanks again dude :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to General Toy Discussions