Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: JRNY to K-Mart Plaza!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: BOGLINS!

Postby OneNineSix » Thu May 06, 2021 4:58 pm

You have got a really obscure collection here with those monsters. As AcidDragon stated they are remaking these Boglins. I think Big Bad Toy Store had a pumpkin colored variant of this skull guy but it might be a different one.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: BOGLINS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 10, 2021 7:40 am

Yes I do and proud of it :batgrin: That is really cool and about time too :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Superman & C. Norri

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 23, 2021 6:23 am

OK, just a just a sweet bonus, I felt that this had to be a part of Mt Vintage Action Figure topic one way or another. If you want see the entre post then please see My Dinosaur Figure Topic!

OK, now the Dino-Riders. It was a great but very short-runned animated TV show 87-88. These are My only Dino-Riders, they were part of a great series made by the legendary company called Tyco! Unfortunately I never collected them for whatever reasons (I remember seeing tons of them at Grandpa Pigeons) and I really, really regret that as I think they were just awesome. The Dino-Riders are kinda scarce over the years and can be really expensive online as they are a top collectible series with good meaning. The characters were called Pteranodon with Rasp. I loved the sculpting and the realistic approach they tried with the animals. I love the flying reptile's eyes, it was really an old school technique that I really miss these days. They are well made. Sadly I didn't take care them as I have misplaced their saddle, armor, weapons and trap. They have some POA and if you press the button in on the Pteranodon's back, he flaps his wings!

Here they are displayed using the ultra-cool MattyCollector flying stands (man do they come in handy)!

Here is a comparison of My Dino-Rider with My previously seen Larami T-Rex in My My Dinosaur Figure Topic! and the soon to be revealed (SPOILER! Check this section soon!) Brandon the Steel Brigader from G.I. Joe from 1987 :shock:  :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 23, 2021 6:23 am

Here we go, this is really a mixture update. Originally. I wasn't sure how I was gonna present it or even if I was going to do it at all but here it is without further ado!

DC Super Powers Superman by Kenner :!: Yes, the original Superman action figure! Often I think about the DC Superpowers line. I remember way back in the 80s at a local store called Ben Franklin's (one of My favorites to go to, they were a great one as they had tons of great toys...went out of business years and years ago unfortunately) and I saw the DC SuperPowers in their special section like The Joker and Batman and I WASN'T wanting them! I only wanted Superman for whatever reason. I know I loved seeing the vintage cartoon and the George Reeves show so maybe that was it...I don't know. I was a young and a foolish kid let Me tell ya :roll: I kinda made up for it however when I got some of the ToyBiz "bootleg" DC/Batman 89 cross-over figure series (got them at the out of business K-Mart). I loved the Kenner Batman 89 &amp; Batman Returns series as well (got them at the out of business Venture) so look for them in a very special update in the future! Unfortunately I do not have his blister card but I think the DC Superpowers artwork was and still is the best of all ever seen even to now IMO and of course they are My faves to this day!

So the figure is from 1984, he stands about in the 4" scale range. He is articulated at the head, shoulders, hips and knees. Supes has an action feature, you squeeze his legs together and his arms move up &amp; down mimicking punches. The sculpting is really good and he has a nice cloth cape (thank goodness I kept him all intact).  

Copyright!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 23, 2021 6:24 am

Chuck Norris: Karate Kommandos by Kenner! Yep, I was a big Chuck Norris fan back in the day. This famed action figure series from the short animated mini-series in 1986! These figures are really nice. They were some of My favorites in My childhood growing up. I only have three of them and I have sadly misplaced their gear but their overall condition is still quite decent consider their age not to mention how I played with them all those years ago. They are in the 5 1/2 to 7" scale depending on the character. Their bodies are a combination of plastic &amp; rubber. They are articulated at the head, shoulders, hips and knees. they also have action features like Superman squeezing their legs together making their arms go up &amp; down mimicking punches and chops.

Chuck Norris: Look at that likeness, this is truly uncanny as to how much this looks like him. I mean we're talkin' sculpting this good before the techniques we know today that came in the 2000s :shock: His physique is right on a swell. I mean they wanted to do it right boy they knocked it out of the octagon!

Tabe: This guy is really big and massive, he is a Sumo Wrestler and his sculpting is really good.

Ninja Master: He is the villain of the series and his name speaks for itself. Looking like a generic ninja yet very original &amp; menacing at the same time. He too is also sculpted very good.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 23, 2021 6:25 am

SPECIAL GALLERY!

Copyright!

Group Shot of Karate Kommandos! (Note, Tabe has a McFarlane stand, those come in handy so much!

Chuck Norris with Superman!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 23, 2021 6:26 am

Now, continuing the trend of martial arts fighters, the fighting trend of the 80s was such a cool blaze and one that I just loved as a kid (I miss those time so much) and in fact it became a major part of My life. So here is one figure that I got that is a bit older and actually before the Karate Kommados and this is the Karate figure from the DragonForce series made by Lanard in 1985! This "DragonMasters" character is simply called Karate (Black) because he originally came with a black Gi and Red Belt that I have unfortunately misplaced. There were six characters altogether including a Red Female Ninja that I would've loved to have, again I was a fool then. This was one of Lanard's first major series' in the 80s and like most vintage figures, they can be very hard to find and expensive to obtain. Now, the sculpting of this guy is really good, his face is decent and his physique is rather nice and looks like what you would expect from a classic martial artist IMO. His torso is of a thin plastic but his arms &amp; legs are of a smooth feeling rubber. He has an action feature that is similar like the Karate Kommandos.

Here is some pics of him along with his Copyright!

Here is Karate with Chuck Norris for comparison!

That's all for now, there is so much more that I'm gonna showcase of My vintage action figures and more is coming your way soon but until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Webslinger » Tue May 25, 2021 12:09 pm

Wow, talk about a walk down memory lane... I would love to see some new figures based on Willow, hopefully one day a company like Super 7 will pick up the license. Super Powers are my jam, I loved that line back in the day but due to a break in some years back I lost a lot of what I had collected but have since replaced some of them. I have some of the little Dino riders ant, shark and snake people in a box somewhere. Liked that line too
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 26, 2021 4:43 am

Thanks Webslinger, I'm glad you liked it all :D

I know, you'd think at least one of these companies would have picked up Willow within these decades but all of these companies are just copying each other with the same lines that has been done so many times before and it just makes Me so uninterested them now. As big as Willow was back in the day, I am amazed that it seems like it is a forgotten masterpiece which in My mind it's extremely pathetic :roll: I would love Super7 to pick up Willow and have a Willow/MOTU crossover...could you imagine He-man and Madmartigan together or even General Kael with Skeletor or even Queen Bavmorda with the Sorceress and Evil-Lyn :?: :o

Yes, DC Super Powers was the ones let Me tell ya :)

Oh man, I totally forgot that you said some time ago that there was a break-in at your place and that they stole your great collections :shock: :batsad: I am glad to hear that you got back on track however :wwsmile:

Cool about the Dino-Riders ;)

Thanks Webslinger :D
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Sectaurs & More!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:38 am

OK, here is My update! Now, following in the footsteps of My previous one, this is gonna be a different and quite a mixed up one to boot! Here we go with some rather obscure entries and quite frankly some unfortunately forgotten figures of the of 80s by many :roll:

Batoon V 2.0 from the X-Changers series made by Acamas Toys but the original head sculpt was made by SEWCO. These were part of many of the MOTU knockoffs/bootlegs of the decade and also trending line of science fiction themed characters. His has several POA and his armor is removable and his body can be taken apart to mix with the other characters (I do not have any others). His sculpting is decent. My Grandma got Me him back in the day :)

A comparison with MOTU Prince Adam!

So here is the SECTAURS! from the short lived miniseries in 1985. The figures were made in 1984 however. Unfortunately I only have three of them and I have misplaced their accessories and bug pets. These guys are really cool, kinda large, have good sculpting and sport some POA with good poseabilty. Either My Grandma or Mom got Me them, I'm not really sure on this one.

Zak: He has always been My favorite because his blue and overall appearance.

Skito

Dargon

Group shots!

SPECIAL PIC! Here is a copyright on his right leg like I always like to show but this one is extremely personal because My Mom carved My name into his left leg She did this because I took a lot of My action figures to Kindergarten for "Show and Tell" so i didn't lose him. This really brought back the memories when I found this guy in storage not that long ago :o :cry:

Next up is the Super Naturals made by Tonka! This is from a special series that was truly an awesome and original concept from back then in 1987! I loved the sorcery and horror and overall fantasy of this series. The guys had nothing to back them up like a cartoon show or a comic series. Sadly, they didn't go over very well and I'm really not sure as to the reason. It was really pathetic whatever it was IMO. I only have three figures and regret not getting more of them. These figures has a few POA and hollowed out torsos with a special holographic image in the place of the chest & head areas. Over time they got worn out but they still work under light however and still look great (take a gander of the pics in a bit). I have misplaced their accessories but they are in still decent shape. My Grandma got Me these guys from a Walgreens on a street that had many awesome stores that she got Me so many great figures from and during a time I miss very, very much :roll:

Lionheart: Look at that awesome lion, gosh the 80s tech was so cool :batsmile:

BurnHeart: He is really spooky :batwink:

Vamp-Pa:: Notice his pet then he himself :!:

Copyright!

Group shot!

The Sectaurs meet The Super Naturals :!:

Scale comparison with Zak, Prince Adam and BurnHeart!

Now the thing is this and its a real kicker. Its bad enough that the 80s was one of the greatest times for action figures and every-time I think about it how cool it was, we truly never knew what we had :cry: The Super Naturals' holographic concept was such a brilliant and clever piece for these awesome times of fantasy, people didn't know how great it truly was. What makes it even worse is that around 2 years later Hasbro would make The Visionaries, an extremely short lived action figure series that was based from a cartoon series of the same name that "borrowed" the same, exact concept of Tonka's Super Naturals holographic torsos just in a larger scale G.I. Joe style line and this was a couple years BEFORE they bought Tonka & Kenner! Sadly, The Visionaries would last as long as The Super Naturals which wasn't very long at all. While I am on that subject, I plan of showcasing My collection of The Visionaries down the road in the near future in time but I have much more to showcase before hand :)

So that is all for now, I hope you have enjoyed this. I have lots of vintage 80s goodness coming soon, a lot that I recently found in storage that will be very surprising, until then, I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions