Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Mighty Max Thread

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

The Mighty Max Thread

Postby Skullmaster » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:32 pm

Mighty_Max_(redesigned_logo).jpg

So I'm a really big fan of the Mighty Max cartoon with Rob Paulsen, Tony Jay, Richard Moll and Corey Burton. I also thought the eponymous clamshell miniature playsets were the bomb. I only currently own 3 of these and a handful of shrunken heads but I hope to get some more soon! I currently have Skull Dungeon, the Fly and the Man-eater.

I'd post pics but I don't know how as I'm pretty much useless when it comes to the computer. I don't just mean I don't know how to post them on here, I don't know how to get them from my phone to the computer and then on here. lol. I guess in hindsight I probably shouldn't have made this thread but I hoped to weed out a fan/collector or two of this obscure series. lol.
Last edited by AcidDragon on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added a logo. :)
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Re: The Mighty Max Thread

Postby Avalon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:40 pm

Hey Skullmaster, I remember Mighty Max. I actually had the lava beast playset Magnus, the Skull Dungeon one and Rattus. Skull Dungeon was my favorite one. I actually like it more than Magnus. Magnus was a cool concept but even as a kid, I could not stretch my imagination enough to make his insides cool. They could have done a lot more to enhance play value.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:15 pm

Ah Mighty Max. That brings back memories. When I was a kid, I always wanted these. My grandma ended up buying me Mighty Max Outwits the Cyclops. I had so much fun with that set. Fast forward to today, I still have that Doom Zone and have since bought Mighty Max Conquers the Place of Poison, Liquidates the Ice Alien, Slays the Doom Dragon, Caught by the Maneater, Terminates Wolfship 7 and Escapes Skull Dungeon. I also have two mini-playsets, Chronosaur and the zombie one whose name escapes me. They make cool little display pieces. :batgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Skullmaster » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:23 pm

Hi thanks for replying to the thread I started! Yeah they sure do make cool displays. Can you post some pictures of your collection, AcidDragon???
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:04 am

I kinda like Mighty Max. I liked him back in the day but never really got into him back then and I got into the Star TRek and Transformers more, however, I did get 1 set and that was the Temple of Venom. I always had fun with the figures and the little adventures. This topic brings back the memories!

Check out the pics from Wiki!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:55 am

Mighty max was great. I never got into the toys, but the cartoon was awesome. the series finale was so epic, and it was one of the first cartoons i ever watched where the stakes felt real. Very underrated cartoon.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:00 am

Yeah I remember it was one of the few shows at the time where people actually died.
Spoiler:
I remember the Ape episode where they were on that large temple and the humans were rebelling against their ape masters and the apes threw spears at them and you saw the humans get hit with them and die. Also, the one where Mighty Max gathered all those ancient heroes like Beowulf and Hanuman to face Skullmaster and they stay to battle him while Max, Virgil and Norman escape. In the end, Hanuman the Monkey King was reincarnated as a butterfly when Max creates him a monument using his helmet. It was touching.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:15 am

The Maxnificent Seven. I think that was the last episode of season 1.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:20 am

Yeah, that made me feel sooo depressed when I was a child. I was a real wuss. LOL.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:32 am

lmao, well i dont know if you remember the 2nd time they fight the giant spider, but I was bummed beyond belief.
I really wish this would get a good dvd release.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Next

Return to General Toy Discussions