Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

What Toys Are You Spending Your DCUC Budget On?

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

What Toys Are You Spending Your DCUC Budget On?

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:02 am

With DC Universe Classics possibly done (at least for a while) perhaps even as soon as the end of this year, for many of us, that's an extra 30 dollars or more for each figure unspent. What toys or collectibles will you be relocating the DC budget to? Or will you even be spending it on toys and collectibles? I know I probably will be. I've already started buying S.H.Figuarts and I've got my eye on the Figma Samus Aran and Link figures. :batwink:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What Toys Are You Spending Your DCUC Budget On?

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:11 am

Man, I envy you guys that can get stuff like that. I can usually afford a twenty dollar figure here and there(so no complaints) but those things are fantastic. I would love to get that Biollante that monsterarts is coming out with, it looks amazing.

So i guess I have to stay within my budget, which only leaves like a 1000 different types of figures to choose from, poor me. Lol, to answer the question, my DC budget is probably going to random things that really dont need completion, like certain DC collectible stuff coming out, and bulking up my bandai godzilla shelf.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:36 pm

I was really looking forward to Superboy and Ice but now that my money isn't tied up to DC, I'll probably get that Figuarts Sailormoon I had my eyes on! :wwgrin:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:45 am

Looking at the increasingly irritated Scott "Toy Guru" Neitlich on the Matty boards, DCUC family figures are dead. Best chance we have for a couple more DCUC figs are: "Hooker" Aquaman and Ice...Superboy is possible and Doomsday will be unlikely (though not completely ruled out as an SDCC exclusive = $60 probably) based on what Scott's been saying.

As for what I'm spending my wife's money on, it's the new Star Wars 6" Black figs and the new GI JOE Ultimate Snake Eyes, Cobra Commmader and Storm Shadow...

Outside of those, looks like I'm done with retail...onto second hand toy dealers!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Crazy Jetty » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:03 pm

I'm diving into the UK Eaglemoss Star Trek starship line.

But missing out on a modern Superboy is enough to make me cry. I've been waiting for him and Cassandra Wondergirl for years now. Missing Ice is harsh as hell, too.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Anarky » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:59 am

I gave Anarky a nice big preorder- I always have friends to trade with plus I have a donation strategy as backup.
Anarky
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Freddie: » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:12 am

I'll be spending my DCUC & Marvel Universe money on Day of Sales MOTUC characters from Princess of Power and on Batman 66 merchandise. I will continue to collect Marvel Minimates & Walking Dead figures from the TV Series. I've already mentioned in another thread that I preordered the Hot Toys Batman & Robin. I hope they hold their value better than the Christopher Reeve Superman has. :smoops:
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:28 pm

Yeah...I was a little disappointed in the apparent lack of value for the Chris Reeve Superman figure, considering all the begging and pleading for Mattel to do 6 inches; I thought it would've sold out like crazy and be valued at more but it's ok; cuz i love the figure...just wish Hot Toys would've done a better paint app

Otherwise, no comlaints
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Crazy Jetty » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:52 am

There's a dramatic jump between wanting a $20 six inch mattel action figure, and a $300 twleve inch Hot Toys figure.

Hot Toys is outside of most peoples budgets.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby loolar » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:01 am

I've got Star Wars Black 6", my new MOTUC sub (first time!), and the 4H Ravens from Kickstarter. I guess when I look at it that way, it's a good thing I've got a bit more money around!
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to General Toy Discussions