Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Custom Figure Emotional Journey with Darthhink!

Featuring some of the most creative looking action figures, ever, He-man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power has garnered a huge following since it's creation in the early '80s.

My Custom Figure Emotional Journey with Darthhink!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:23 am

OK, here is a topic that is so very long over do. I am placing this in the He-Man section as I think it serves a better purpose here than in the customs section. OK, now this is a very emotional one for Me so please read this and you'll see why. I am going to write this up as it happen like a story so please bear with Me here as this will be a quite a different journey to follow this never before seen nor known tale of Mine :o

It all started in 2013, a very hot August I believe, I was super into MOTUC, I mean I lived & breathed MOTU day in, day out for a long time posting on the Matty forum talking about this and that like about who's figure you are most looking forward to getting in the next month, who's gonna be in the next sub and who should be in the series next and so on. I was really getting into fan creations and customs loving many of their ideas and thinking gosh, I would love to have some of these (I'm not good at that sort of thing at all, I'm just OK with kit-bashes). There was one character that I wanted the most over many and that was He-Bro! So I did My research to see what people I could contact that were legit, good artists, nice personalities and decent prices (Ebay was to expensive for this character for My liking). So I had e-mailed a couple guys and they were booked to the core + they were very expensive (I'm not mentioning any names). So I was very displeased with this disappointing and pathetic situation. I didn't give up however as I continued to look around the web. Again, on Ebay, I searched and saw a custom figure that I just fell in love with. I'm like, I gotta have him but how is this creator? Is he any real good or is he like the rest 'em? Long story short, sure enough this guy was really nice and I bought the figure. Only about 3 or so days later I got the figure (his location isn't really that far from Mine so that helps a lot with Priority Mail) and I was so stoked about it. He gave Me all the precautions about the figure as it was more fragile than official ones due to the nature of its state. I was hooked on this figure so much so without a doubt I had to contact him and give him praise and feedback. His name is Darthhink and his store was the Honey Hive (he is also about the same age as I am and he is a good family man). We had many convos about MOTU, Star Wars, WWE and what-not (yes, all that great & cool stuff, it's almost like I was into My second childhood which I just loved it). I also had asked him about his other customs and was talking to him that I would love to have some of them (we had already discussed about He-Bro, he unfortunately couldn't make him for Me but I got a lot of one of a kind figures from him instead!). Then the unthinkable happen, I broke My leg in half in December (do you remember that time guys? It was horrible for Me and I got huge blood clot as long and as big as My leg which to get it out I volunteered for a new procedure that vaccums it out...I did and advised others to as well but they rather had a pill that dissolved it in months where My procedure only took about an hour!!!!!!!) and this really changed things for Me but he was with Me all the way like a good friend should be :)

OK, now, with that prolog out of the way, here is My showcase of the great custom figures that I got from Darthhink in order as I got them with My commentary!

Dry Bones Jones: Yes, he was My first one I ever got from Darthhink and the one that started it all for Me! I have re-named him Bosar! He is a "cursed" specie of Auroktaurine! I just loved the color scheme on him and the overall appearance. I also dig his choice of weapons as well :batgrin:

NOTE: If you know animals then you'll know why I gave him his name and species :batsmile:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Custom Figure Emotional Journey with Darthhink!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:24 am

OK, well dark & bleak times happen, I got injured, was on the DL in the hospital for weeks. I couldn't get on a device there so I asked My Mom to help Me out with things cause she was visiting Me there all the time despite there was som insane snow storms with some really, really deep scow :shock: I asked her get Me what I needed from the MattyCollector store (like Standor x2 and Strong-Or) before they sold out and to get to My e-mail and to keep up with Darthhink. He was very saddened when he found out of My injury. We were having discussion about deals & future transactions. My Mom was great and kept up with this situation for Me. Finally, close to Christmas in 2013 after having serious PTSD & severe depression, I came home with a MAJOR SURPRISE! I had a very large Priority Mail box at the table from Darthhink!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! I was absolutely astounded as to how this came to be (My Mom already knew about it because she actually discussed this with Darthhink and she thought his idea and consideration was really nice)! It was a great Christmas gift box for Me from him! I was crying in joy and in pain because I couldn't sit there any longer due to Me bum leg that now has a steel rod in it. Here is what was in the box!

Here is My Snake-Man Mercenary! I wanted this figure bad and we were discussing all about it. Originally he was wasn't going to make a face mask but I wanted him to have it so Darthhink did it for Me and he GAVE ME HIM FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!! Look how cool he is!

If that wasn't enough, he also gave Me Crystal Armor She-Ra FOR FREE! He knew I wanted her really, really bad and so he let Me have her. She is just so amazingly smokin' hot!

OK, that's the end of My wonderful gift box and awesome freebies and let Me tell ya, this was truly one of the best things that I have ever gotten like this, He tried to help Me and make My time better and he did just that, his mission was accomplished!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:25 am

Now, off to a later time now but not that much after Christmas. We kept in contact often and I was always looking at his Honey Hive store and his Pinterest. I saw so much goodness there in dem places. So with discussions & transactions abound, here is some great figures that I got from him that were only about $19 to $30 a pop and all were already made by him as I didn't request anything till later (more on that in a while). These ideas of these characters came out of his mind and let Me tell ya, he has a really good and clever imagination!

Faker-at-Arms! I love Faker so why not :?: :lol:

"New Adventures Style Evil Space Mutant!" I needed more NA!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:26 am

Ram Stone Man: YES, he made an origin character for the RAM STONE :!:

Dakar: The "Arm" of Justice! Oh gosh, I just had to get him, he is really, really cool. Here is the short story that Darthhink wrote for him and I loved it that he told Me how he wanted Dakar to be a Star Wars crossover character with MOTU!

Dakar is a freelance bounty hunter from deep space. He once lost his hand saving an infant from the vicious jaws of a creight dragon on lower Nodnarb Elknih. As he pried the child free of the dragon, the beast sank his fangs clear through to the bone and snapped off his arm!

Dakar met a bio-borg surgeon in the Eastern system of Darkoon. It was there that he was fitted with the smashing hand of a cyborg. A tool that would aid Dakar throughout his journey to rid the world of scum and villany.

Hellina of the Foundarian Klan! NOTE: I named her, Darthhink originally called her Barbarian Megan Fox. I just loved how she looked and I really needed her to be part of My collection.

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:29 am

The Perp & Infinity Merc: OK, I had to get these guys, here is Darthhink's original story:

"Thomas Malone" was just a young beat cop hustling the street in 1985. A perp robbed "McGilley's Spirits & Wines" on 8th one night on the lower end of his district downtown. When Tom gave chase, the perp made his way through the streets that night, down a dark and gloomy alley.

Tom followed. "I know you're in there dirt-bag!" "Come on out now and we can go downtown, sort this 'ting out, and it'll all be ove...RRRRrrrrrrrgggggggHhhhhAaaAhh!"

The perp sank behind a dumpster, his eyes glowing green like toxic waste! Tom felt a charge like electricity flow through his veins. "What the Hell!" The last thing Tom remembered was a giant flash and his teeth grinding and chattering as if a grenade had shell-shocked his brain!

Tom woke up only to be surrounded by strange people in a strange land! He was now wearing some form of body armor with a strange figure eight marking on it. One face he recognized though, "the perp!" he screamed! The man approached Tom and was now wearing some crazy get up like he had never seen.

Tom tried to grab the perp, but quickly realized he was paralyzed and couldn't move. He had a terrible headache, head splitting like yesterday's leftover Chinese wonton dumplings. All of the sudden, the perp began to speak to Tom in his head, through some form of telepathy.

***"DO NOT BE ALARMED"*** My name is Ralphius Slonedove and I tracked you down and brought you here. You have been chosen for a higher purpose than you know. I've watched you now for a long while. Your life on Earth, you are a good cop who stands for justice and believes in what's right and just. You will be one of us from here on out, you will be an INFINITY MERC.

"What the hell is an infinity merc?" asked Tom. "It is a selected few people from parallel dimensions who recover that which is neither here nor there." proclaimed Ralphius. "You work for no one, yet you serve everyone."

"Using your time device and armed with high-tech weaponry, you will travel through all space and time, through worlds you never knew existed to recover artifacts that are misplaced and far too dangerous to be left where they were. You are one of us now, the few, the infinite, the immortal... the Infinity Merc!"

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:30 am

Now, here is the most biggest aspect and arguably the most important of all of My business done with Darthhink. Unfortunately it was the last of My transactions with Darthhink due to his other job demanding more time away from making custom action figures for his Honey Hive store and his customers including Me. For months, I was talking to him about certain customs if he could make these for Me but he couldn't do it because of his limited time. I asked him if he could make Me a Caucasian Keldor and a Faker-Cat. I also asked him if he could make Me a MOTUC version of "the Immortal" Hulk Hogan (during My time of injury I was reminiscing Hogan because I loved him and he was coming back to the WWE at this time in 2014 after leaving TNA) as I thought he would fit in so nicely as such a huge 80s icon! However, I also asked him to make Me something that was extremely imperative to Me. I had asked him to make Me a Lady Sylvia Marsh figure from The Lair of the White Worm movie (if you are unaware of this title then please click that link that I have provided you). Though this 1988 film wasn't exactly MOTU material, it was still 80s grandeur horror and I felt that the lead villainness character was indeed like a possible MOTU character as she was a snake woman! So, I think he was unfamiliar with the her so I gave him pics of her, he saw then saw them film for research and he agreed that she could fit within MOTUC and thinks that he could make her. So he asked Me how did I want her so I gave him a painted mock-up of My decision and I wanted her anatomically correct and so he agreed and was working very hard on her for Me all summer & fall of 2014 with little time to make her. So, we kept in contact and it was getting towards December already and he said that she was almost finished. So around the early teens of December, he had e-mailed Me back and said that he made her but she isn't finished. He said that he has to retire from making figures now as he no longer has that type of time to devote to the hobby. It was kinda a bummer about it but it would actually be great. He had provided Me a list of some top customizes that he knew and said was even better than himself (maybe but personalty I don't think so) to complete. After this, My choice was to leave her alone and not deal with anymore customizers. So, with all that being said, he said that he was going to give Me a big Christmas box full of mysteries and free stuff including THREE FIGURES! One was My Snake babe and the other two were figures that he knew I previously wanted. I was so stoked about this as it was truly a great Christmas gift for Me and and it was ALL FREE! Here is the contents of the My great Christmas gift box from Darthhink!  

The Box: Look at that cool stuff! He gave Me a brand new copy, NBO of The Re-Animator on Blu-ray and a new Marvel Zombies book. He said to Me that he loves horror and he knew that I do too and he thought he'd give them to Me! He also gave 4 packs of those classic 1980s Batman 1989 movie card packs and them great Nintendo card packs by Topps still never been opened with the stickers & bubble gum inside (I loved those so much back then, when I got them again so many years later it was such a pleasant surprise bringing back that great time/era for a moment cause I missed it dearly since everything changed....it was so good then)! He also gave Me a bunch of miscellaneous wrestling figures ranging from classic WCW OSTM & Toy Biz to WWF/WWE Jakks & Mattel. He gave Me those cause he knew I love wrestling and he thought I might be able to use them. He also gave Me 2 MOTU DVDs without their cases (He-Man & She-Ra Christmas and a 200X DVD----NOT Pictured) and a nice Christmas card with him and his family (I blurred it out for reasons) with a very, very special note from him!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:31 am

But wait there is more that was INSIDE THE BOX....the three free figures!

Cyber Armor Chief Carnivus!

Wolf-Stor! OH I wanted really bad months prior :o

Lady LuSssinda, the mysterious and venomous Snake Priestess: Here she is! I gave her a new identity and name however I wanted her theme to still be the same. She is quite a beauty, an insane & sultry zealot and is one of the top characters in My fan fiction of MOTU. Like I said, I chose her color scheme and stuff but I wanted her to be as close as possible to the original design. She also has alternate weapons and accessories.

OK, here is a comparison of her inspirational character Lady Sylvia Marsh from The Lair of the White Worm and you can clearly see why I wanted her as a snake woman in the MOTUC!

Here is some more pics of My Snake Babe!

Like I said earlier, I wanted her anatomically correct to be accurate as she looked in the movie. Darthhink liked that idea and was all for it but ultimately he couldn't do it in time. Even though she has no nipples, I am censoring here anyway ;)

Another pic shot of her :)

And here is a couple pics of her that Darthhink took after his was finished making her for Me when he e-mailed Me with a notification :!:

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:32 am

So that's all about My Lady LuSssinda, the mysterious and venomous Snake Priestess, I am quite pleased with her. She is one of a kind and I was so grateful that Darthhink was able to make her for Me before it was all said and done.

There was another rather sweet bonus he gave Me as that was unexpected in My big Christmas gift box. He didn;t forget that I wanted Hulk Hogan so he gave Me a couple heads made by Jakks and he also gave Me a couple custom heads of a Gar and Reptilian Humanoid Mystic that he made. Later on I will showcase what I did with those MOTUC heads but I still never did anything with the Hulkster heads however I would really like to after all of this time.

Well, that is the end of My custom figure showcase that I got from Darthhink. I'll tell ya, it seemed so long when I was going through all that hell and recovering but then when I got better and My business deals with him was over, it seemed so short if that makes any sense. I hope that he and his family is doing well because it was a pleasure working with him and he made My day many times on multiple levels :D :(

So, I hope you have enjoyed this showcase and liked the figures that I got and all that coolness of the brief time. Let Me know with comments please. I will be showcasing much, much more MOTU greatness in time so stay tuned for that. Until then Good Journey :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:38 pm

Wow. These are amazing, man. I love it. Great imagination here. I want to take the time to read all this. Thanks for posting this.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:56 pm

AcidDragon wrote:Wow. These are amazing, man. I love it. Great imagination here. I want to take the time to read all this. Thanks for posting this.

Please do AcidDragon, its very important to Me and let Me know you thoughts, I will appreciate that very much :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to He-man & the Masters of the Universe