Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My tragic SPYDOR Story :(

Featuring some of the most creative looking action figures, ever, He-man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power has garnered a huge following since it's creation in the early '80s.

My tragic SPYDOR Story :(

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:49 pm

SPECIAL NOTE: --->Look for a special emotional and terrible incident that happen to Me when I was child.<--- :(

EMOTIONAL STORY TIME :roll: I only told this story once and it was back in the day on the Matty Collector board when the MOTUC was still going strong. OK, it was Christmas, 1985 I believe. My Grandparents came over to visit Me along with My Mom and Dad at their house. My Grandma handed Me many presents and many of them were MOTU but there was one that was really big and it was SPYDOR! I was so happy that she got him for Me. She helped Me put him together which took a very long while. It was one My most cherished, memorable Christmas for good but also very bad reasons :) :roll: I believe it was the next day, something like that. I was in My room playing with him along with My other Masters. My dad came in there and stepped on, stomped on and smashed My Spydor :shock: ON PURPOSE :cry: into many pieces...he never said he was sorry because he hated He-Man and I never knew why :cry: He hated Godzilla too, I guess because I was/am a huge kaiju fan...I don't know :roll: This has always been a freaking thorn in My side for decades :x Spydor was completely broken and My Grandma couldn't get Me another, she had a hard enough time finding him as it was. I never replaced him via eBay. So when Mattel came up with the MOTUC I made this special banner/signature for every post and topic I would make since the first day on the Matty Board till it closed but Mattel nor Super7 never re-made him sadly :cry:  

Note about My Dad: My parents divorced a while later after that, I visited him for a while but My Mom got full custody of Me and I never saw him since. The last time I saw in was in 1988 :cry: I got bad sick in 94 (this sickness changed my life forever) and he never visited Me when I was very ill in the hospital (I don't want to discuss that now) so he sent My Aunt/his sister to visit Me a couple times instead. He passed away in 2015 :( and I was sad about it for a bit but honestly really not over his death but because of how everything was about him and that it couldn't have been better and that I never really had a father but My Grandpa was way more than a father than he ever could've been!

Happy NOTE: Remember when I showcased and was talking about Dr. Terror the Evil Genius of the Centurions in one of My presentations in My Vintage Action Figure Topic? When I said that My Mom was planting them little Tomatoes, she was already divorced from him and it was just us :D I know how harsh it all sounds but it was so much better alone at her nice house :D

NOTE: I may remove this banner/signature soon, I've had this sig on THIS DC BOARD since 2013, it might be a time for a change so don't be surprised when you see a new one from Me ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My tragic SPYDOR Story :(

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:08 pm

Hey Brandon! Thanks for sharing this story. I'm sorry to hear that your dad did those crazy things. It's hard to know what's going on in someone's mind to compel them to do some crazy thing like that and in my opinion, it's many times worse when the victim is a child but I'm glad that in the end, things worked out for you for the best.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:19 pm

Thanks very much Acid, I appreciate that ;) I know, I never knew why My Father was like and yes, it turned as best as it could have been :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:24 pm

Hey Brandon, that's a rough story. Sorry about your Spydor. I never owned him despite having a ton of MOTUs. I won't pry or dwell onnyour dad, we just never know what's going on in other people's heads. You talk about your grandma a lot, and she seems like a very nice lady. You sound like a pretty well-adjusted person, and I'm glad to have you around the board.

Maybe it's time to freshen up the old signature? I like to change my sig and avatar every so often just to spice it up a bit. In fact,I just changed my signature yesterday!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:26 am

Thanks PB. I never knew...I wanted to be his son but :roll: Anyway, yes, My Grandma is great and so is My Mom :) I'd like to think I am, I know I'm different and everything but I try to do the best I can just about everything and try to make things exciting :)

Yes, I saw your sig. and yes that's what I said, actually when I posted this I made a new sig/banner but wasn't sure if I was gonna greenlight, maybe I will soon :?: ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to He-man & the Masters of the Universe