Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Welcome to DC Toy Revolution, Please Introduce Yourself!

Introduce yourself to the community! New members should post here first and a moderator will activate your account and approve your first post!

Re: Welcome to DC Toy Revolution, Please Introduce Yourself!

Postby Strathaar » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:19 pm

Hey folks. I'm fairly certain you all know me.

Puppy. Chiefs. Lakers. Hal Jordan. DC Comics. Movies. Chocolate Chip Cookies, steak and scotch. Still in Seattle but the great news came down that I'll be moving back to LA in the spring. What!

Who let Webslinger in here? He's one of those....

Good smilies. Hal Jordan and Flash coming by chance? Cuz that'd be rad. Otherwise Bats is gonna be all :batrage: which makes wonder woman go :wwshock: and that's just dirty.
Strathaar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Haljor » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:38 am

Hey everyone, Haljor here. Love the DC Universe Classics line and since the line is on hiatus, I've been getting some customs commissioned. Glad to find a place other than Matty to talk about DC.
Haljor
Civilian
Civilian

Postby FlynnLives » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:42 am

Kudos to Packer for the invite, but if he is a Mod...this truly is a revolution!

I've come her via the Matty boards, and while I have joined other forums that is where I did most of my toy talking. As of lately it's been a damn wake...a wake where family members are pointing at each other eager to blame one another for he death of recently departed!

Anyway, I too am a child of the 80's and being such I am absolutely thrilled by my latest (non-Matty) purchase of the Back to the Future Delorean LEGO set. That thing is amazing!!

I collect all kinds of toys, I subscribe to DCIE, Watchmen and Masters of the Universe Classics (Packer's favorite...he loves the loin cloths, and secretly wishes that look would come back). I also collect Star Wars and NECA figures (PLANET OF THE APES?!? Can't wait!!). Another thing that I am really into is LEGO and I was happy to see a thread on there dedicated to LEGO.

I also like long walks on the beach. (Yeah totally going to stop because this is feeling like a nerdy online dating profile)
FlynnLives
Rookie
Rookie

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:02 am

Glad to see a lot of familiar civil people signing up.

We all know the death of DCIE was Flynn's fault anyways, that's why I invited him--we all need a scapegoat. Really DCIE died for the lack of loincloths. Let's just hope Smallville neverfinds out about this place, that kid...I tell ya... :batlol:

"What these figures need is more loincloths! I gotta have more loincloths!"
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby beastovjudgement » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:24 am

Beastovjudgement here. I have been on the Matty Collector boards for a while, and years ago, on Marvel, with this same username. The name pops up here and there, as it is my primary name for most online activity. About me; I am a very recently married lifelong New Englander (apart from my time in the US Navy). I have been collecting regularly for about 18 years now. Of course, I loved the figures as a kid, but got back into buying them much later. My first loves were Transformers, GI Joe, and MOTU. I was very into comics most of my life, and also liked some of the Secret Wars and Super Powers stuff. These days, MOTU Classics and Transformers are my primary choices. Even more than collecting, my hobbies are metal music - especially going to live shows - and reading. I work in manufacturing, and I can 100% vouch for the insanely skyrocketing plastic costs which contribute so strongly to the price hikes on action figures. What else... I have cats. So, hello, everyone.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:49 am

Hello, everyone. Thanks for the Invite. A little about the man behind the Grodd, I recently have moved to Philly from Michigan, I love DC and Horror/Exploitation movies, but really like a huge assortment of different things.
My favorite Figure of all time is my Panda Khan from the turtles line. (its a sentimental pick) Hopefully, we'll be able to pick up the arguing rite where it left off. J/k. Go DC!!!!

Sincerely Yours,
Bo-rilla Grodd
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Caleb » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:12 pm

Hey guys, my name is Doug.

No, not really. I'm Caleb. Clearly. I frequent the Matty Collector boards, where I specialize in sarcasm, snide remarks, screaming about Sergeant Rock, movie trivia, Gremlins, mentioning my wife on a near-constant basis, and making sexual innuendos about Granny Goodness. I'm also a pretty active presence over on the NHL.com boards (GO HAWKS!), and I regularly post both my own screenplays and screenplay reviews on Trigger Street Labs. Check 'em out, if you're interested! They're full of profanity!

Let's see...a little about me. I've been collecting action figures since I was 5, and I've been a DC fan since I first saw Batman Returns all the way back in 1992. I got married this summer, to a woman who actively enables my collecting. And, clearly, I write film screenplays. I've got a more grounded job (in sales), but a guy can dream, right? I love hockey, Scotch, my balcony, taking walks around downtown Chicago late at night (BRING IT, HOBOS! I GOT A KNIFE!), Tori Black, and Muppets.

And, hey, it's good to see so many familiar faces around here! Hopefully we can keep this place more positive / conversational and less "Mattel took my toys away!"

Oh, Packerbacker's here. Never mind. Things will devolve quickly. :batrage:
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:18 pm

You know it. DCIE failed because.... :batshock:
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby FlynnLives » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:45 pm

To paraphrase South Park, "Dey took err toys"

Oh and again, I've already apologized for single handedly bringing about the demise of DC Club Infinite Earths (and at Retail too), must you always remind me? Not cool man!
FlynnLives
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Conspiracy... This looks like a case for :ques:

Panda Khan!!! The greatest TMNT figure who never appeared in the cartoon. Or at least shares the spot with Ace Duck.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself!