Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Stan Lee, we will miss you

Discuss all Marvel related media here whether it's comics, games, movies, TV series, animated programs and more!

Stan Lee, we will miss you

Postby Webslinger » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:17 pm

Stan Lee beloved icon and legend in the comic book industry has passed away at the young age of 95. Stan has touched all of our lives in one way or another and I am sure I can speak for us all when I say this news really hurts, you will truly be missed. I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple years ago and I got to shake his hand and tell him what he meant to me. He was very nice and loves interacting with his fans, I had told him we share the same birthday and he smiled and said that's great! I then shook his hand once more and thanked him and he said "Excelsior!" to me as I got ready to leave. I will never forget meeting him and to today will remain one of the best days of my life. He has had a hand in creating pretty much all of what we have either read or seen on TV or the movies.

From all of the staff here at DC Toy Revolution, we will miss you Stan... Excelsior!
Stan-Lee.jpg
Last edited by Webslinger on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: Stan Lee, we will miss you

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:18 pm

I can hardly believe it. :(
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Mr. Marvel Comics

One of the greatest comic book legend of all time and a true pioneer of endless fun for all comic book readers ... Stan the Man Lee!
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Webslinger » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:58 pm

I have to admit, this news has hit me pretty hard...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:55 pm

I mean, before I could read, thanks to Spiderman and His Amazing Friends I could recognize his amazing voice. I don't do conventions, I don't like crowds, but I would've liked to have met the man once. He was a legend. We should all be so lucky to live to 95, but in truth, Stan Lee will outlive all of us.

Excelsior!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:11 pm

He was the last and possibly most influential man in the history of comics...he has taught more life lessons than most people and that was all done through working in the industry he loved.

I also had the chance to meet him (twice) at c2e2 and was ever so thankful that I did. The first was the autograph line and the second I was avoiding the crowds and almost walked right into him (through his unobservant entourage) where I apologized before I even saw who it was (then added thanks for everything he’s done) where he said it was “perfectly alright”. What a nice guy...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:55 am

I got to see Stan twice in my life, both times here in Canada. The first time, it was supposed to be his last Convention visit ever but he actually ended up coming to Canada one last time. He didn't have to make the trip out here at his age, he was already so frail, but he did because he obviously loved his fans. Gave a really amazing panel, too. Will miss him a lot and it won't be the same without him.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:15 am

AcidDragon wrote:I got to see Stan twice in my life, both times here in Canada. The first time, it was supposed to be his last Convention visit ever but he actually ended up coming to Canada one last time. He didn't have to make the trip out here at his age, he was already so frail, but he did because he obviously loved his fans. Gave a really amazing panel, too. Will miss him a lot and it won't be the same without him.

You are very fortunate to have this memory ... :)

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:21 am

I like the tribute of Lee, Ditko, and Millenburg here ... looks and done in a nice way possible ... thanks for doing this.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:30 pm

You bet, DF. :)
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Marvel Media