Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Among HasLabs stalk...

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Among HasLabs stalk...

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:22 pm

So HasLabs just unveiled their newest item and it's a two foot tall Sentinel with Bastion ML. Which is cool, but nothing I need for $350. But I might be in the minority because it's already at 50% of the goal needed in one day. First, my wife would murder me for spending that much, and a Sentinel is like Pringles, you can't just eat one, or, have one, in this case. But it's pretty cool to look at.

Now if this is two feet, Galactus better be three feet or more! Put a couple Heralds with him like Air-Walker, Nova, Firelord, and I would seriously consider it. But a Sentinel? Just one. Man, too rich for my blood. Still feast your eyes, mortals!

https://hasbropulse.com/products/x-men- ... s-sentinel

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Among HasLabs stalk...

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:08 pm

It has been officially backed...currently sitting at 7,180

As a result, Hasbro unveiled an exclusive Mastermold head sculpt for this bad boy!

I’m with you in regards to not getting this guy; awesome as he is. I have the BAF and Marvel Universe ones so I’m good with those; besides, I barely have room for them much less this one too. I am looking forward to seeing what else is shown for the 8,000 level.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:57 pm

Maybe like a Bolivar Trask or something? Not sure what else they could do. Nimrod is already a BAF in the works. Maybe giant fire blasts for his hands like the Days of Futures Past cover? Should be interesting.

One giant Master Mold is more enticing than a Sentinel for me. Can always use the old ToyBiz Sentinels alongside him, and people seem to be selling them now, lol. I guess if you can sell one fore $100+ you're already a quarter way toward paying for this guy. Still, $350 is a lot to rationalize. Now if it were Galactus, I could tell myself he's a must and you only need one anyway.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:13 pm

Hahahahaha yeah you gotta rationalize your collecting habits often

The 8,000 number has been reached to reveal a battle damaged Sentinel head..onto 9,000 backers!!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:16 pm

That's not bad. If you did buy three of these then you'd have a Master Mold and two different Sentinels. If I bought three of these my wife would duct tape the boxes together for me to live in.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:56 am

9,000 reached, new female Bastion figure. I assume that's a real thing, the last decade or so of X-men comics were tough to stick with. If they keep adding lot's of stuff, I just might get tempted. More heads? Meh. More figures? Maybe.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:08 pm

Hahaha

How about a chair for Master Mold?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:26 am

Too rich for my blood, but it's impressive just how many people they're getting signed up for this thing. They've almost doubled their backer target!

I'm struggling to think of what I would consider spending money in the same ballpark on. Probably a really elaborate playset, like a D&D Tomb of Horrors? That NECA Jaws is gonna be pretty expensive, but I think it'll probably top out under $200. Or at least under $350.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion