Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

HasLabs Engine of Vengeance

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

HasLabs Engine of Vengeance

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:19 pm

So the newest HasLab was announced and it's the modern Ghost Rider and car. I've no attachment to the character, nor do I think the price is reasonable at $350 when a giant Galactus was almost the same price. It's ok, but nothing I'd consider, especially since I gave up buying MLs this year with the exception of the very rare "must have" iconic looks of characters I care about which is pretty rare these days. I assume this will be how they finally get Mephisto into the line since I never thought they'd be able to convince brick and mortar stores to sell "the devil". I'm curious how far this will go. I'd assume it makes it to the first tier, but not sure he's as in demand as a Sentinel or Galactus. But I'm pretty detached from comics these days so maybe I underestimate his popularity.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/marvel ... -vengeance

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: HasLabs Engine of Vengeance

Postby Webslinger » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:32 pm

While this new HasLab looks cool, it is not what I was expecting from a "40th Anniversary" Ghost Rider announcment. I was kinda hoping for a Johnny blaze with his all red Hellfire bike with human and Ghost Rider heads and hands. Or even a 2 pack of Johnny Blaze and Danny Ketch with their respective bikes and 2 heads and sets of hands each. This "Ghost DRIVER" could have been a lot cheaper if they would have ditched the LED and about 1/2 those add on items... just sayin LOL
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:31 pm

I felt the same way about Galactus. Screw the lights, who actually cares about that? It actually makes more sense here, but I don't care if my toys light up. Who wants to keep changing batteries anyway? All the flames and smoke are nice, but I'd go without them if it was $100 cheaper. But then again I wouldn't buy this at any price. Honestly, never cared for Ghost Rider as a character. Never really read any of his comics. I mean, he looks cool as a character. But story wise, I was never drawn to the books, so this would've been a tough sell no matter what.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:58 am

I'm more of a Johnny Blaze and Dan Ketch guy. At least those are the only ones I read. I haven't read anything about this one but I think it's the same one that was on Agents of SHIELD. Looks pretty cool but not really something I would buy. Plus I already bought the Mattel WWE New Generation Arena kickstarter. LOL.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:00 am

And there he is....

Not really a fan of this version. My Mephisto has the pinkish flesh so he doesn't look like generic devil guy. Is this how modenr depiction?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:04 pm

Well, this looks like it's literally going to crash and burn. It's actually lost several hundred backers in the last week or so to dip under 5,000 when it was like 5,500 a couple weeks ago. No where close to the 9,000 needed. I'm guessing people are assuming it'll get nowhere near the 12,000 to unlock Mephisto or even 10,000 for Madelyne Pryor, so they're dropping out. Who knows. Even the power of the X-men can't seem to help. The character is too new, and nothing I care about, wouldn't really want a generic car for my display even if I were still buying MLs. No idea why they chose that.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:44 pm

Yeah, the goofy thing is I'm interested in Mephisto and Madelyne Pryor but I don't care about the Ghostrider or the car. The design of that Hellstorm doesn't look like the one I'm used to. I'd probably back it (if they even allowed me to since HasLabs is still not available to Canada) if this was like an Inferno set with Madelyne, Mephisto, Magik and some of those one off characters characters that showed up.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:46 pm

Yeah, I didn't like that Hellstrom at all. He looks like a teenager. Maybe that's a current thing? An Inferno set with like N'Astirh and such would be cool.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:39 pm

Yeah, this is the one I'm used to. It's kind of weird because who is this set for? It's got too much new and old for my liking. This is the Hellstorm I'm used to. I'd probably be all over one with N'Astirh and the lot.
Son-of-Satan-Marvel-Comics-Hellstrom-1980s.jpg
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:45 pm

Yeah, not sure what's up with the barefoot emo kid. It likes they just decided to toss every popular demonic character that might be questionable at retail into this. Except they're way more established than this Ghost Rider and it's kind of like a middle finger to people who might want them. Personally, I'm pretty happy with the Diamond Select Mephisto, and don't really care for this all-red version here. And Maddie would be a character I'd be interested in but not if it means paying $350 for a car. No idea who is running Haslabs but between this and the Rancor they may want to put someone new in to make the final decisions.

"Let's celebrate the 40th anniversary of Ghost Rider buy selling you a character who debuted 8 years ago!"

It lost another 100 backers or so, down to 4700+. I can't see 4000 more people buying in in the next 2 days, especially when they'd need 5000 just to unlock the 1st tier. Womp womp.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion