Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Marvel Collection: X-MEN & X-FORCE!!!

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Re: My Marvel Collection: DC TOYBIZ SPECIAL P4!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:36 am

Thanks PB. Well before I go on, with your youngest cherish every moment with him and that store AT the store cause it sounds like they may not be in business any more which is a shame cause they sound like and old fashion store I'd like to go to. I'd take pics of it as much as possible and all that cause when I think about and showcase My previous locations I regret not doing that :roll: You can make a lot of history there for yourself, your young boy and history itself. I now it sounds ridicules but believe Me its' the thing to do and you'll see that in the long run :)

Sounds cool that you got that for wife, for a time I liked them too :)

Oh heck yes, I ain't opening those up. I know what their all about as you just saw on My 89 Batman VHS from Verna's Mr T's. I have a big collection of them but their all scattered and it will take a lot of work to put it all together and find all of'em. Besides, these 2 are from Darthhink, I showed them originally in My topic about him, he also a gave Me 2 unopened Topps Nintendo ones with Mario & Link on them. Same thing with them, I put My originals on My NES Cases you saw in My Video Game Topic. I am no way shape or form a MIP/MOC collector but I will make exceptions on certain things during certain situations and this is just an example of that :batwink:

Part 4 will be on the horizon soon which I may title the header different because it will be unexpected, Keep up Me cause there's only 2 more updates before I get to the very small yet very big part 7 :wwshock: :smgasp: Until then :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:17 pm

For sure. We just got back from there. There's an arcade in the mall that has buy $10 get $10 in tokens on Mondays so I promised my boys I'd take them back and they each got $20 in tokens. Then my oldest wanted to go back to that store because he saw slot machine bank last time he wanted so I brought money with him this time. I found a few pictures of the place online just now.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:00 am

Well that is good. You got a great deal with your boys there and sounds really fun. Hopefully your business is helping them people stay in business :) By looking at that place I would like to go there, it looks really old fashion like a store from the 90s. There's no telling what I'd find there. If I had the opportunely I'd go there as much and as often as I could. Thanks for sharing that one PB :batwink:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:39 am

Yeah, it's a hodgepodge store. They have different stuff every time we go.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:25 am

Sounds cool, like a new/updated version of the store every-time you go there :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Marvel Collection: DC TOYBIZ & MEGO SPECIAL!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:08 am

So here we go with Part 5 of My ToyBiz DC Batman special. This one will be quite different compared to everything I've presented thus far so let's not waste anymore time and get right to it :batsmile:

Now here is an extremely special entry that I hold dear to Me, My Batmobile by MEGO that was made in 1974 :!: I wasn't even around when the lines was thriving but somehow I got this milestone :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: So here is how I acquired it long ago :) One day when I was playing with My neighbors whom are siblings, Timmy & Jenny and gosh I miss them kids and they were good kids, I lost contact with them about 30 years ago when they & their parents Dana & Randy moved away to an unknown location, I hope they are all doing fine as I speak :roll: They were My age. At the time of this We were about 9 or so, I was slightly older though and I was always teaching them a thing a two education-wise and a lot of entertainment stuff it seemed all the time and keep in mid this was a long while before the Internet, We didn't need it back then. Timmy looked like a very young Marky Mark Wahlberg. He was quite a character and was a dark redhead. His sister was just a bit younger. Though I had friends that was girls and not "actual" girlfriends in Kindergarten thru 2nd Grade, Jenny was My first true friend that was a girl. We were still too young to really know that type of stuff. She was a very pretty & attractive girl. She seriously looked like a young version of Kim Cattrall. I regret not spending more time with them, talking to them and even seeing if Me & Jenny could have got it together cause there was a bit of childhood spark there between us :wwwink: :batwink: Here is a pic I made of Wahlberg & Cattrall from their roles in 1996's Fear & 1986's Big Trouble in Little China. I look at this and it's like I'm seeing them all grown up...the Timmy & Mark depiction is like so spot on here, he had that face & expression, its really amazing but see how Kim's face is wide with those thick eyebrows, Jenny was just like that and like I said, she was quite attractive, maybe even deceivingly beautiful :)

So My story goes like this. Timmy brought over his MEGO Batmobile that was his Father's to My old house :batshock: I was surprised but I must admit I wanted that, he knew it and after a while of Me bugging the heck out of him he gave it to Me (boy Timmy, if your somewhere and somehow reading this man, thanks again dude) :batsmile:

The Batmobile is based from the original 1966 TV Show which I was really familiar with already hence the reason why I wanted it :batwink: I changed the look of it however and put a lot of Batman & DC Stickers that I got from various places all over it. I even put a Batman Ring in place of the cherry light :!: I am unsure where I got these little items but I'm leaning towards Tru-Buy right down the street that I showcased in My Vintage Action Figure Topic. Take a gander of the big pics of that you can expand in new tabs of this ultra Classic Vintage piece :batsmile: :wwsmile: :wwsmile:

The Steering Wheel still works & turns and the Wheels still turn/roll like it did way back in 1989/1990 :batshock:

Here is the scale with ToyBiz' 89 Batman & their great DCSH Robin :!: The scale is just marvelous and I have always used this for them when I display them I mean IMO its so ideal looking :batsmile:

Here is the The 1974 Copyright :!: This baby is about 50 years old now :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: I think this Car has aged mighty fine if I do say so Myself :batsmile:

Again I miss you Timmy & Jenny, I hope your doing good guys :)

So that will do it for this part. I hope you were surprised about this. We have talked many times about MEGO in the Toy Commercial topic and I'm like yeah, I gotta figure out how I'm gonna show Mine...well I just did :batsmile: If your wanting wanting see more MEGO from Me you can head to My Vintage Action Figure Topic and see some great WWII figures :) Next will be Part 6 and it will a very crucial one, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:34 am

Nice. Never seen that before. I never got into MEGOs even though as a very young kid I still recall seeing them at Child World. I know I had a few superhero ones but always lost the clothing or the stickers peeled off. Plus the size didn't appeal to me as much as a youngster when things like Star Wars and He-Man fit better in my tiny hands. We bounced around a bit when I was growing up so I didn't have too many friends when I was really young, but there's a couple kids I think about sometimes and wonder what became of them. I guess that's just the way life is.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:46 am

Thanks PB :) I see. Yeah, again they were before My time but really not that darn far :roll: Size was kinda an issue for Me sometimes to handle and when i got older and got figures there 12" or taller space & storage was a big issue but other than that I liked big figures and it allows a lot more detail but yeah, I really like smaller scale stuff too :)

I look at that pic I made I believe I nailed how Timmy & Jenny looked :batsmile:

Oh I reminiscent a lot of so many people I once knew like My childhood friends, the people at the stores like Judy & Verna, neighbors, and others like My Grandparents & Mom's friends. It's a way of life yes but the thing is before things change people should give the ones they care about the heads up like give'em their new number and such...very few people I knew did that, Timmy & Jenny visited Me after moved for a while then it all went down hill and I so regret that :roll: There was another paid of brother &sister siblings that were My friends that lived next door to Me too just feet away where Timmy & Jenny were, they Eric & Chassidy. They were both teenagers and way older than Me but they were great kids especially her, I really liked her, she was like the sister I never had, one day I'll talk about them much more :)

OK, one more part before I get to the big "revealing hint" of MARVEL so keep up with Me here :batwink: :wwgrin: :smgasp:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Marvel Collection: COMPARATIVE PART 6!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:55 am

Kenner DCSP vs. ToyBiz DCSH: A Visual Guide

So with much of the important stuff already seen within the topic, I thought this would be a very apropos special to present before I introduce My Marvel Collection in the next update. Here is a very special guide that I came up with a while back and thought I'd make it a reality. This guide is to simply show you the difference between Kenner's DC Superpowers and ToyBiz' DC Super Heroes series' and there will be very few online that can witness of this nature :!: Now, Kenner's DCSP line originally came out in around 1984 while the ToyBiz's DCSH series came out in 1989 around the time when the 89 Batman film did at theaters as I had already explained in My previous Parts of this topic. Many people have compared ToyBiz' DC lines over the decades was a bootleg/knock off Kenner's beloved series. I had already expressed that their not bootlegs within the topic but whatever your opinion is I will show you how to tell the difference as to how to identify one whether you already have it in your collection and need to research it, just found a gold mine on the Bay or just looking for fun. Whatever your case is, here is My simple guide to this comparative toy history :batsmile:

But first please keep in Mind I only have one DCSP and that is Superman, I had featured him earlier on in My great Vintage Action Figure topic, please visit that link that I have provided to see him and tons of other great stuff that is frequently updated. Anyway, here is a previously posted reason as to why I only have him as to contnue what I was saying earlier on within the topic.

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Often I think about the DC Superpowers line. I remember way back in the 80s at a local store called Ben Franklin's (they were a great one as they had tons of great toys...went out of business years and years ago and I have already showcased them in My Vintage Action Figure Topic) and I saw the DCSPs in their special section in cases like they were the spotlight series of the WHOLE STORE and I WASN'T wanting them :!: :o :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I was a foolish kid let Me tell ya :roll: I kinda made up for it however when I got some of the ToyBiz "bootleg" DC/Batman 89 cross-over figure series that some collectors call them (got them at the out of business K-Mart, Venture & Target already seen within the topic). I loved the Kenner Batman 89 & Batman Returns series as well (got them at the out of business Venture and I briefly showed them within the topic).

So with all of that being said I still regret not getting the DCSP[/b[ as well as other [b]Kenner/Hasbro DC figures after Batman 92 such as Superman 2-packs, Legends of the Dark Knight & Action Masters :roll:

I think the DC Superpowers artwork was and still is the best of all ever seen even to now IMO and of course they are My faves to this day!

So with that being said and known, here is My Guide[/b[ with some bonus content no pay attention to it closely :smwink:

Kenner's [b]DC Superpowers
and ToyBiz' DC Super Heroes series'!

Unfortunately I have misplaced My DCSP Superman's cape so that's why there is only one present but they were nearly identical.

One of the most underrated aspects of viewing action figures IMO as I have featured in most of My showcase collections is the "Copyright & Company info! I have never talked to anybody that noticed the Copyrights which i think is just pitiful :roll: It's usually sculpted on the bodies' legs or bottoms of their feet but sometimes they are printed as well. Mattel lacks this option severely over time but Kenner/Hasbro, Toyiz/Marvel and Playmates, McFarlane, NECA & Super7 are great ones for this. Again, not every company does this, however, it became more common in the 90s for both the figure company and franchise company to be both on the figure despite it was seen rather often in the 80s. I have always been like this since I was a youngster always looking for it to see whom made what plus it's fun to find and read it :)

The Action feature :batsmile:

Now, here is a special bonus but I believe it is necessary to present. Here is ToyBiz's DCSH Penguin and Kenner's Batman Returns Penguin. I cannot compare their umbrellas as I have broken them long ago sadly. So, instead of getting the likeness of the actual movie character, Kenner went back to the past and got their original DCSP sculpt back with some enhancements. Here is a special comparison between the two.

Copyright and company info :!:

So there you have it. I hope you have enjoyed this special Comparative Part 6 :) Any thoughts and what not :? Next will be My last & final Part 7 and it will introduce My Marvel Collection and there you will finally see the culmination method to My madness :smheat: In the meantime check out what you have missed, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Marvel Collection: MARVEL IS HERE!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:39 am

The ones that this topic WILL NOW BE ABOUT :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

DC meets Marvel: Yes, here is an awesome cross-over that I wanted to do so much, 89 Batman meets Marvel's Super Heroes! Holy batzo, after ToyBiz made their super exciting DC Series they made their classic Line of Marvel Super Heroes and then The Uncanny X-Men to soon follow starting in 1990 :!: I love how they are in scale with each other :!: There isn't many lines of DC & Marvel that really is in convincing scale with each other besides ML & DCUC that you can cross-over with each other and have'em all together. To this day, these are My favorite Marvel figures and despite the POA & sculpting that the Marvel Legends have, they cannot compare to the timeless fun of these originals IMO :batwink:

So here is Batman 89 meeting The Punisher, Spider-Man and Wolverine :!:

I find it so darn cool even now that there was such a option to do such a thing such as this, it was fun as a youngster then and even now at this very second. It was such a brilliant idea & concept that ToyBiz came up with :batsmile:

So that will do it for My last & final Part 7 of DC ToyBiz, I hope you were surprised here and enjoyed the reveal of ToyBiz's MARVEL SUPER HEROES and that you saw the conclusion to My madness :) If your just now seeing this then get to the beginning of the topic, you do not want to skip anything especially how this one starts :!: Now next up will be My actual ToyBiz Marvel collection starting with some of the guys that you just saw as well as others. There will be an absolute ton of content to come soon from the great Vintage Days to Modern Times, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion