Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Halloween: Wrestling Promos to Terrify!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: 31 Days of Halloween: Wrestling Promos to Terrify!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:35 pm

Still so weird with no stache.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:42 am

Yes, you really don't get used to seeing Hogan without his facial hair, even as long as I have seen & known it :shock:

I was wondering if you were going to do Se7en even though we had discussed him before but something like this needs to be talked about more than once. This is actually the uncensored version of him on the mic. This has always been such a great yet quite bittersweet moment for Me. I knew who he was during his vignettes like I did when he was first Goldust back in 95. Great because he's spooky, had one of the best entrances ever seen with one of the best wrestling themes ever heard. Bittersweet because we just had one of the best years in WCW which was 98 and come 99 the nWo was fading out which allowed the talent to finally shine however during this time when things was really changing within WCW. Turner & Bischoff had their probs. They got Vince Russo a legit booker & made him head of the company for TV. He came up with The Powers that Be and it really altered the landscape of WCW which was really making it kind of uneasy in a way. Since Vinnie Mac did the Corporate Ministry stable which these times of th web & people really weren't allowing things to be fun & scary I mean look how long the Brood & the regular ministry lasted. It was all bout the bosses & money and not the fun & entertainment like wrestling once was. So Vic Venom followed suit in his own way and unfortunately Seven's debut was really the first part of this era which would be WCW's last :roll: It's a shame how Schiavone & Heenan were talking & hyping him up like good old times when things were more enjoyable like with the Dungeon of Doom for example. I've said it before I mean the character had such major potential of being WCW's The Undertaker and could have been really epic even if people knew who he was. I knew who the Undertaker was when he first debuted, I was like that's Mean Mark Callus :o So see I was always for the scary stuff even if I knew the story behind it, I wanted to see it unfold :) Imagine in he would have never broke character but We'll never know how this Dustin character could have been :roll: Here's one of his vignettes, I know the Black Eyed children freak you out PB so check this out :o

OK, I'm taking a small hiatus from the Dungeon of Doom stuff for a couple days because the scary stuff is really over and it'll be WCW World War which became a WCW tradition in November like WWF's Survivor series for four years however I will continue that in other topic so for the next couple of days of October & for Halloween it will be a little different :shock:

As you know, WWF didn't have the edge of doing really spooky stuff for Halloween like WCW did whether it worked or not but they did have their moments however really beginning with The Undertaker in 1990. In 1992 there was a new type of superstar that was part of the darkside, you posted him earlier on within the topic PB, his name was Papa Shango :blsm: In the WWF Papa Shango was a force to reckon with during his first several months within the Federation. One of his firs big feats was he put a curse on the Ultimate Warrior :o

Papa Shango puts a curse of his opponent as the people are scared :blbat:

This feud will continue tomorrow for Halloween :blww:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:04 am

Papa Shango came and went while I wasn't watching wrestling, by the time I got back in he was in the Nation.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:38 am

WWF-WCW Halloween Logo 1.jpg

First off I recall that when the NWo first came back.

Well by that time many people had the web to see who was who and when he was Kama Mustafa. Back before that people didn't. I've said about it briefly before and I might elaborate on it sometime later but heck here's the story. When I see Charles Wright, many times it's bittersweet because when Papa Shango was no more and he came back in 95 as a repackaged Kama "The Supreme Fighting Machine", I showed the receptionist at the hospital when I was sick. We were very tight friends cause I saw her all the time like 3 times a week for many months. She was a very average wrestling fan but she knew Papa Shango but didn't know Kama because he was new. I brought My WWF magazine over there to show (keep in My My childhood was over, I went from being 13 to 20, just think of Me like Gary Coleman but way worse) I said to her that this new guy Kama is Papa Shango and she disagreed, I said look at the tattoos, their the same and she kept on disagreeing and it turned into a huge argument and our friendship was over and never was the same after that. I know it sounds ridicules but that's how people was before the net or at least the people around Me. I knew simply cause I compared him not only by body but voice and wrestling style. I'm sure when she saw Kama in the Nation then become The Godfather and HE HIMSELF saying that he was Papa Shango I'm sure she was like, my gosh, Brandon was right all along. Well Betty (that's her name), to put it very mildly, see what happens when you don't listen to somebody who knows their stuff. I've never forgotten this (ever since I got sick things stick in My head) but I'm sure she did like it never happen and that's on her hands! So there's that and now let's move on to part two of Papa Shango and The Ultimate Warrior :)

So continuing from yesterday and for Halloween today (can you believe that today is THE day ALREADY :o

Here is The Ultimate Warrior's iconic interview :blww:

Papa Shango's great promo and Mean Gene should have kept his mouth shut :o

Mean Gene recaps the situation with anew Warrior promo at the climax :blbat:

Papa Shango's awesome spooky promo :blmm:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:10 am

The birth of Hollywood Hogan?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:57 pm

How about that, meeting Bad News Brown in a dark alley would be scary but him saying that is even scarier :o :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blmm: :blhal: :blbaf: :blaq:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:02 pm

All these Halloween-y wrestling promos inspired me to watch Halloween Havoc 1995. It was pretty fun seeing the Dungeon of Doom in all their cheese again!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:44 am

Well that's great that you did Acid. I know its like just one subject but I love the Dungeon of Doom and I wanted to show most of what I could about them. I don't know if you & PB read plebeians' comments on the videos but I find it surprising at how many of these that I posted as well as PB's in both Promo Topics that they say at how much better these old moments are compared to WWE as far back at least a decade ago and the same goes for AEW and other feds. I really agree and as I said before, kids and this generation needs to go back see all of these great moments when wrestling was so good :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc