Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

NWA Empowerrr and NWA 73

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

NWA Empowerrr and NWA 73

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:08 am

I was actually more interested in Empowerrr just to see the ladies wrestle, but one show that weekend is $24.99 on PPV and both are $39.99, and now I might just get both...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: NWA Empowerrr and NWA 73

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:18 am

Nah, just go to YB and see the clips or see if somebody has a good quality version instead of spending that money. You can save a lot that way and that's what I do ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:44 am

Probably, but I like to support things like Empowerrr, especially since I'm not spending money monthly on a WWE subscription. I'm definitely getting All Out, but I may talk myself in to these as well as that women's ppv really piques my interest.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:57 am

I see, the women's events are always a winner ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:54 pm

I would lay my money down for a PPV where it was just Ric Flair walking around a ring and telling stories for three hours.

"I asked Mr. Corgan if I could have just a minute to speak. He said, "You're Ric Flair, you can do whatever you want.' I haven't heard that in a long time."--Ric Flair

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:29 pm

Indeed and how about that Awesome Kong & Gail Kim. Shame Kong retired though then again, I do think it was proper.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:37 pm

Yeah, that was a moment, It's a shame she never got that WWE push even though Kharma was another horrible WWE name change. There was a time that Kong vs Gail vs the reason to watch TNA. Overall I thought both shows were really good on the top of the card. There were a few matches like the battle royals with a bunch of people I've never heard of and didn't really care about, but the title matches were really well done.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:38 am

Yeah all great NWA stuff. It was indeed a big massive shame how she was in WWE and that unfortunate pregnancy didn't help either. Yeah, 2009 - 2014 was a great time for the Knockouts, some of the best moments ever in female wrestling IMO.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc