Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

WCW Halloween Havoc + Dungeon of Doom!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

WCW Halloween Havoc + Dungeon of Doom!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:09 am

So it's almost Halloween time, My fave time in WCW was October and I loved their Halloween Havoc events. I loved the first event in 89 when Terry Funk & The Great Muta fought Sting & Ric Flair in wrestling's ORIGINAL Thunderdome! 91 was My second fave of all-time with the first & last ever Chamber of Horrors match with Abdullah the Butcher & El Gigante! In 92, the first SPIN THE WHEEL MAKE THE DEAL was a Coal Miner's Glove Match! Hogan fought Flair in a cage for the second time in 94! My favorite Halloween Havoc of all-time was 1995! When the Giant fought Hogan twice as Hogan was pre-Hollywood Hogan thus letting the dark-side of Hulkamania out and the Dungeon of Doom & the Yeti!! After that since the nWo killed wrestling as we knew it and began a new life as the true beginnings of the attitude era spawned different times and IMO were no longer fun & silly but still was good. 98 was the most criticized because the Ultimate Warrior returned to face Hollywood Hogan and the match was quite disappointing as many was expecting a Wrestlemania VI caliber match. Halloween Havoc 2000 was the last one ever in WCW :roll: The Halloween in WWE/NXT is good but it's just not the same as the the originals much like everything else :roll:

NOTE, Got these pics from the web, I just edited them.

I mean WCW did a lot that in the 80s and early 90s that WWF lacked, I loved their spooky & silly matches and wrestlers.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: WCW Halloween Havoc + Dungeon of Doom!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:10 am

1995 was My fave era just not in WCW, WWF & wrestling in general but in movies and games and just about everything else but always WCW and the Dungeon of Doom always comes to My mind. Here is a special look of every member of My fave wrestling stable made for a personal project of Mine a while back.

Here is a special vid that OSW made several years ago.

Well, I just wanted to show a bit of My love for WCW's time of Halloween Havoc & the Dungeon of Doom for a spooky good time :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:13 pm

I always liked the idea of Halloween Havok. Part of me wishes AEW would do something like that but then they'd get crapped on by WWE fans. Still, it would cool for a Bray Wyatt debut. I tried watching NXT but I still don't care for the product and put the World Series on after a half hour or so.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:53 pm

I love it! I remember when I was a kid, they had the Jake the Snake Home Theatre promos and I kept watching them. He was challenging Sting to spin the wheel. :smgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:53 pm

Yeah, like I said, WWF didn't start scary stuff to be the norm till 96 when the true attitude era started so WCW always had an edge when it came to spooky stuff. Yeah well, I want Wyatt to be himself as Windham and be like his uncle or his daddy before his Wallstreet/I.R.S. days and under no more gimmicks. That NXT HH was really good but didn't have the classic feel like the originals but then again, in this androgynous age nothing does IMO. I haven't been into baseball since the Cards won the World Series in 20011 and even then I wasn't keep'em up with it and just seldom watched it now then for the next few years as it just wasn't the same as in the 90s & early to mid 2000s and I was one of the biggest MLB fans you could ever talk to, I mean I kept up with all the teams, most of the players and stats for years but that is for another topic down the road so no, I didn't watch this year's WS, just read the results but it is cool that the Braves won however.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:20 am

I'm a bit late with the Halloween stuff but if your like Me then who cares cause you like spooky stuff all year round :!: Here is some samples of some great stuff from WCW Halloween Havoc from 1989 - 2000, if this isn't enough for you then you can go to YT, the web and Peacock for more :!:

Samoan Swat team & the Midnight Express!

89 Thunderdome :!:

Halloween Havoc 90 was great!

Paul E. Dangerously was Dracula!

91's Chamber of Horrors was so good, one of My faves!

Then there's this!

Halloween Havoc 92 is having it's 30th anniversary this year, it had the potential to be so good but thanks to so many things going to politics and Jesse Ventura being the mayor and him talking about politics and he bets Shane Douglas is a straight right-wing republican was just turning Me off of it. If people only knew what the truth of politicians is :x Anyway this is actually one of My laest fave of the whole series, Spin the Wheel , Make the Deal was really the only thing that made the PPV Halloweenish :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

93 was great, it's 30th Anniversary is next year! Tony Schiavone really had a moment here. The Bulldog fought Lord Regal in a terrific match!

94 was pretty good. In the Flair vs. Hogan cage match, Sherri got involved and JUMP OFF THE TOP OF THE CAGE and fought Hogan and got beat up by him :wwshock: :batshock: :smsmh: Nobody ever talks about this moment,she was truly one of the best ever :(

Plus this!!

95 was the last great year in wrestling before things would be turned upside come 96. If haven't already seen the stuff I' posted above and elsewhere, Halloween 95 is My fave of all-time! Here is an awesome promo!

It even had Sabu & Mr. JL aka Jerry Lynn :o

96 was pretty good, it was truly the start of the cruiserweights!

97 was actually good too, I loved the Macho Man & Elizabeth vs. DDP! Here is a promo.

98 was was really good too. Despite the Hogan & Warrior match was kinda bittersweet, it still actually happen plus many other great matches on the card as well!

99 was actually superb!

Madusa made a very surprising and quite unexpected appearance selling Nitro perfume/cologne and she looked terrific, gosh I miss it when women looked like this!

Halloween Havoc 99 - Madusa 1.jpg

2000 was so different but gosh it became really good though, too bad this was the last one ever :roll:

Halloween Havoc moments with The Yeti, Hollywood Hogan a year later, Piper, Eddie & Mysterio, Vader & Cactus Jack and more!

Well, it's a bit late but I don't care. You can see it now or save it for the next Halloween :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:17 pm

Hey, thanks for posting this, man. I think back in the early 90s, Halloween Havoc was my favorite WCW PPV. The Dungeon of Doom stuff was so cool. It was kind of sad, my younger cousins and nephews thought it was pretty cheesy but to this day, I still feel it's really watchable.

P.S. Sorry I'm only replying now. I've had a lot of personal stuff go on the last few months, it's been pretty overwhelming and to be honest, seeing how much I missed on here is giving me anxiety. :smlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:39 am

Oh yes, Halloween Havoc is Mine too :blbat: :blww: DoD is still My fave and their as good now as they were then :blsm: Them people that say things like that :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I have some more great stuff planned for later like this Acid :)

Dang, I've been wondering where you have been cause usually you reply to My stuff but you have been absent for a long time. I don't know what's going on with you but whatever it is I hope it get's better for you ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:51 pm

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Dang, I've been wondering where you have been cause usually you reply to My stuff but you have been absent for a long time. I don't know what's going on with you but whatever it is I hope it get's better for you ;)

I dunno, I've just always been into certain horror themed stuff so when Dungeon of Doom came along, it just seemed super cool. I remember the old WCW PPV promos, looking back they were cheesy as heck but it just seemed like they were catered perfectly to me. It's also kind of funny how Dungeon of Doom and Faces of Fear kind of just melded together and eventually, Meng and the Barbarian just became the Faces of Fear tag team leg of Dungeon of Doom. One of my favorite things was Dungeon of Doom going up against the Horsemen and then Dungeon of Doom and Horsemen going up against nWo together. Something really cool about heels vs. heels even though a lot of bookers said that nobody should care about a heel vs. heel match.

Yeah, a lot of stuff went down for me back to back, I won't get into it but it was mostly bad stuff. It really felt like I couldn't catch a break even to celebrate my birthday. I did try to post a few times but even doing that seemed to be overwhelming because the threads were just getting longer and longer and I felt like I couldn't keep up, goofy as that might sound.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:02 am

Oh yes, I know what you mean, I liked how TTFOF morphed into the DoD and TFOF just kept that name on going. Yes and don't forget about the DoD joining the Horsemen as the Alliance to Destroy Hulkamania. then it all ended and after the nWo happen it just killed the classic wrestling we knew and began a new.

I see and what a shame about all that :roll: Well you don't have to and I hope it get's better for you :) I know, there has been a lot of content by PB and a ton by Me as well. You don't have to see everything in one day Acid, just take your time to see it and there's gonna be more so its gonna be pretty exciting ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc