Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Vixen Animated series

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Vixen Animated series

Postby Webslinger » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:32 am

Today over on Twitter The CW’s CWSeed account back up the weekend announcement of a new DC Comics VIXEN animated series which will be produced by ARROW producer Marc Guggenheim. The really exciting news is that the animated series will take place in the Arrow/Flash TVDCU!

For those that might not have heard of The CWSeed, it is The CW’s digital only network.

We don’t have very many other details yet, but we do have this teaser image:
B7FoWwfCcAAnuKK.jpg
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: Vixen Animated series

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:33 am

Maybe now Mattel will make a figure...oh, wait.

Looks cool.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:30 pm

I happy for her and I just can't wait for the show to begin. I'm a big Vixen Fan myself. :)
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:47 pm

This looks great and it looks like it's tying in with their existing live action CW properties. That's awesome. What a great idea!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:57 pm

Ironically enough that Flash costume looks much better to me animated than on Gustin. Not a huge fan of the design for Vixen, but at least they aren't giving her the Wolverine dreads, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Avalon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:03 pm

Looks good. I actually don't mind Vixen's costume design here. I think it probably suits the whole CW Arrow dark theme and the long gloves look pretty cool, too.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby OneNineSix » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:23 pm

This looks exciting. I'm really into both the Flash and Arrow. An animated tie in is a great idea and here's hoping that Hourman will be tied in as well.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:28 pm

By the way, anyone read this: IGN Article ? They're doing a Flash spin-off. Do they mean Vixen or are they working on maybe a Firestorm or Rogues CW series? Sorry to hijack.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies