Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Marvel Legends Retro X-Men wave

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Marvel Legends Retro X-Men wave

Postby Webslinger » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:05 am

Hasbro has released some in package photos for their upcoming Marvel Legends Retro Wave and it is the Uncanny X-Men. Each figure is packed on a classic 1990’s Toy Biz style card back.

Figures in the assortment are as follows:

Storm
Iceman
Cyclops
Dazzler
Wolverine
Silver Samurai
Marvel-Legends-Uncanny-X-Men-003.jpg
Marvel-Legends-Uncanny-X-Men-004.jpg
Marvel-Legends-Uncanny-X-Men-002.jpg
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: Marvel Legends Retro X-Men wave

Postby Webslinger » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:06 am

Last 3
Marvel-Legends-Uncanny-X-Men-001.jpg
Marvel-Legends-Uncanny-X-Men-005.jpg
Marvel-Legends-Uncanny-X-Men-006.jpg
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:38 am

Preordered Dazzler! I'm tempted to get all the characters from the arcade game and do a diorama. I wish they'd release a pack of the mooks from it.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:48 am

They do look real cool and I would like to get the Storm one ... that's a neat costume too.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:46 am

Definitely need that Dazzler and Silver Samurai. The rest are nice, too. But does it irk anyone else that we're getting all these cool "iconic" costumes like some of these and the Marvel 80th Hulk or Thor, and we're paying the same, or even more, per figure, and a BAF isn't even included? I don't know. I care nothing about the retro packaging, Id rather these things came in baggies if it shaved fifty cents off the cost, but it kind of rubs me the wrong way that I'd buy all these without hesitation if they had a good BAF included while I haven't even completed Man-Thing yet because I don't want to blow $20 on stupid Netflix figures.

I guess I really am turning into a grumpy old man.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:51 am

Hah! I mean, I pick and choose, so most of the BAFs don't matter to me. The retro packaging's cool, but really it's just an additional SKU to get more figures on pegs (which is fine! Cuts down on pegwarming a bit).

When I do want a BAF, I either buy it whole on eBay or just buy/trade for the parts i need. That's what I did for Man-Thing and Mantis. And maybe Kingpin in the future. BAFs are amazing, but I bought way too many DCUC figures I didn't really want that much because of them.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:02 am

Right? I mean, I can't imagine my DCUC collection without Imperiex, lol. Don't think I ever read anything with him in it since his appearances happened during the few years I took off from comics. Not even sure what an Imperiex is. Thanks to Webs I completed Kingpin. I'm on the fence whether I care enough about Caliban. I still need Clayfaces right arm. I'm just a cheap SOB and can't bring myself to pay $50 or whatever someone wants for a complete BAF or even over $10 for a BAF part which seems to be the going rate on eBay. I guess I can't rationalize to myself paying $10-$12 for just a BAF part when I can buy the whole cow for $20. I guess writing the figure off as fodder helps because of customs, so if I didn't have that, I could convince myself it's a decent deal. But I think in reality I'm just a cheapskate. A cranky, old, miser.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:15 am

Haha, I ended up selling off so many DCUC BAFs. Never selling Grundy or Metamorpho, though. At least my DCUC experience helped me be sane in my approach to ML!

I'd build a BAF of Caliban from the Logan movie, no lie.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:22 pm

I just ordered the Storm one and that's the only one that I like ... something to remember the cartoon and I dig that white costume of her. My LCS will mail it out to me ASAP ...
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion