Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Is that all?

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Is that all?

Postby wingnut1969 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:23 pm

Unless I missed something Mattel only showed the Batman Croc wave at San Diego. A friend in Virginia sent me pics where they had already received that wave at a Wal-Mart and BBTS has an expected receive date of 8/19 for it. So my question is: Is that all we're going to get from Mattel before the master license goes to McFarlane? If it is that kinda seems a waste since they have the license until the middle of next year so like 10 months. With no movies on the horizon what is Mattel going to do for the remainder of their time? I mean they could let the license lay fallow but that is a gigantic waste with figures they could still produce. They could even save a little bit of money and rerelease figures that are already in the can - Steel or Scarecrow or figures that were in 2pk and never got a single release - Lightray, Adam Strange, Animal Man. Or even "customs" where they take a little bit of this, a little bit of that and a little bit of the other and make something new. Really hope Croc is not the end - just near it.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Re: Is that all?

Postby Webslinger » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:55 pm

Well I hate to be a negative nelly but it doesn't seem like they have much else revealed at this point unless they just quietly release a wave to push out whatever waves they might have. As far as I am concerned the only DC figure I have bought this year was The Joker in the past few months so I am pretty much over it and waiting for McFarlane to dazzle me. I could'nt find ANY of the Lobo wave and I wanted Batman Beyond pretty bad... oh yeah and I just bought the Super Lex BaF a few months back since I couldn't find that wave.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Webslinger » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:57 pm

By the way, nice to see you on my friend. You should get on more often and chat. :spwink: :spgrin:
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby wingnut1969 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:58 am

Yeah, we're pretty dry around here too. I have seen the black Batman - movie version? - but no Ivy or Joker. I ordered the Luthor wave from BBTS. Will order Lobo and Batwing tomorrow. Batninja will have to wait a few more weeks but I'll order them too. Eventually Croc wave will follow.

I just figured if nothing else new is coming they could round out their remaining time with rereleases. I could use another Steel, Scarecrow, Lightray and some others without having to pay through the nose to get them.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:11 pm

Saw that black Batman. Looked cheap. The images fwoosh has make that whole "wave" look like cheap knockoffs. Mattel loves to go out on a whimper. Probably not touching McFarlane stuff unless they have in-scale figs Mattel never made. I've no intention of starting over.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel