Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

2019 Edmonton Expo

Post special events like conventions, online events, get togethers, etc.

2019 Edmonton Expo

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:52 pm

I decided to attend the 2019 Edmonton Expo on Saturday. I had a great time!

The celebrity line up was pretty decent and WWE Live! was in town so Alexa Bliss, Braun Strowman, Sasha Banks and Ricochet decided to drop in as well. Braun and Sasha appeared the days I went.

The celebrity line-up included Sean Astin, George Takei, Marina Sirtis, Cary Elwes, Casey Cott, Wallace Shawn, Felicia Day, Sean Maguire, Robin Lord taylor, Jason David Frank, Leah Clark, Justin Briner and Veronica Taylor.

Patrick Warburton, Christopher Eccleston and a number of other celebs cancelled.

I attended the Jason David Frank panel which was pretty awesome. He's a really funny guy.

I was MOST excited to see the comic creators! Mike Zeck was there this year and I got a lot of stuff signed by him including a Mike Zeck Artists Edition and the Secret Wars Battleworld Box Set. Surprisngly, John Beatty was not there. I was half expecting him as he attends a lot of these with Mike. Picked up a few prints as well.

Also met Rags Morales who was a super nice guy. I overheard him giving a bunch of tips to a young 12 year old kid who wanted to get into the industry. He wrote him up a shopping list of drawing books to help sharpen his skills. I was chuckling inside because I owned all of the books he was talking about and they're awesome.

Also got some prints from Gerhard. They looked amazing. He had this one piece with Swamp Thing doing battle with Anton Arcane that was pencilled by Bernie Wrightson that he did finishes on and it looks awesome.

I got a Barbarian art book signed by Arthur Suydam who's a pretty neat guy. He had lots of zombie prints on hand. Lastly, I picked up a Micronauts print from Pat Broderick and had a Captain Marvel trade signed.

There were lots of other creators present that I wanted to meet and get stuff signed including Brian Stelfreeze for Shadow of the Bat, Nicolas Keramidas and Andy Macdonald but there was only so much time and so much room in my bag.

I'm really pleased to have had the opportunity to go to this one!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2019 Edmonton Expo

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:38 pm

I have a friend that went to that Expo and he attended the WWE Live! and got Braun Strowman's autograph and picked up a few things for himself. He from Edmonton and attended the whole thing from the get go. He also was a Mike Zeck fan himself and got a sample of his artwork too. He was thrilled to meet George Takei and Marina Sirtis and got their autographs too. He live a mile from the Expo and literally walked there and enjoyed himself. His girlfriend attended half of the Expo and he and his girlfriend attended Jason David Frank panel and enjoyed it very much.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Return to Special Events