Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Shoulder assistance

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Shoulder assistance

Postby wingnut1969 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:22 pm

Ok guys. A little help. I have a work in progress and I need to replace the shoulders as the arms and current shoulders are incompatible. Without totally destroying the upper torso, what's the best way to separate the halves?
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Re: Shoulder assistance

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:57 pm

Usually for DCUC I drill a small hole under the arm and crack the torso open. You can always try prying a small flat head under the arm with a hammer, it works well for 3.75 Joes.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:39 pm

I got a couple apart with the screw driver method.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:38 pm

I think there's usually at least one spot that is kind of not as well glued together as the rest and I jam the screw driver into that and twist and it usually just pops apart (or breaks).
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:55 pm

I have done both the drill and as thin as possible screwdriver methods...just gotta be careful when you pry it apart...sucks when I screw up then have to fix those boo-boos
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Return to Action Figure Customs