Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Supreme Leader is dead, all hail Supreme Leader Jar Jar

The toy line from a galaxy far far away! The section for fans of the movies, comics, vintage and modern toylines (Kenner, Hasbro Star Wars Black, etc), the Clone Saga, the WOTC miniatures game and more!

The Supreme Leader is dead, all hail Supreme Leader Jar Jar

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:20 am

Not sure how many people followed this, but around the time of The Force Awakens, a reddit post posited the theory that Supreme Leader Snoke was Jar Jar Binks, or to say, that Jar Jar Binks was a Sith Lord all along. Now, I know what you're thinking, meesa think that crazy, too. At first. But if you read the theory, which is very detailed, it starts to sound pretty plausible. And honestly, dammit, as much as I hated Jar Jar, I wish it were true. There may even be some truth to it as George Lucas and Ahmed Best has hinted at it previously.

I won't go into the theory, you can do a quick google search and read up on it to, but a few days ago a an artist named Kevin Cassidy posted his design of what Jar Jar might look like as a Sith Lord and I thought it was a damn cool and creepy enough to share here. But seriously, also go read the Darth Jar Jar theories and you too might believe.

https://np.reddit.com/r/StarWars/commen ... orce_user/

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: The Supreme Leader is dead, all hail Supreme Leader Jar

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:34 pm

Ha. I just saw this Jar Jar concept not long ago. I don't think his name would be Darth Jar Jar, would it? I mean I'm not a big Star Wars guy but don't the Sith have special aliases like Anakin Skywalker is Darth Vader and Palpatine is Darth Sidious and Count Dooku is Darth Tyranus? What would his name be?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:12 pm

Darth Meesa? Darth Yousa?

Seriously though, the theory is actually pretty fun to think about. And to be honest it was always in plain sight, like Scott Farkas, he had yellow eyes. So help me God, yellow eyes!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:35 pm

HHaha oh man if this was true...it would definitely revitalize SW for me; those sequels left a bad aroma. Maybe this is a direction they may be going in, seeing as how hard rumors are they’re gonna pretend the sequels never happened...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:58 pm

Lucas himself once said Jar Jar was his favorite character and that he was important to the overall story. Lucas also wanted the prequel and original trilogy to "ryhme" or mirror each other, which to some degree they do without being blatantly obvious and beating you over the head like the sequels, so the theory is Jar Jar was supposed to be the prequel mirror of Yoda, who first appeared in ESB to be a bumbling idiot himself, and that Jar Jar was supposed to be the baddie in ATOC instead of Dooku, but the backlash on Jar Jar was so severe that Lucas backed away from the idea and created Dooku instead.

Again, it's really a cool theory that is really well fleshed out with examples from the films. I wish it were true because it could've made for a hell of a better sequel trilogy than introducing a new villain who looks thoirty feet tall only to be revealed as some old dude in a bathrobe you just kill without much backstory then make him a bland clone of Palpatine in the next movie who is suddenly alive without explanation. Perhapas in another timeline...
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:33 pm

Would be interesting if Jar Jar goes to sleep and then becomes the Sith Lord while the other persona has no idea.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:40 pm

"The Strange Case of Senator Jar Jar and Meesa Hyde"
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Return to Star Wars