Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Hanging options for SW Ships

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Hanging options for SW Ships

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:37 pm

Hey fellas...

I have Unicron coming on Friday and only place I can put him is the table where the Legacy Falcon is sitting, who has to move underneath said table and that means those vehicles sitting underneath that table have to be hung. I’m looking for some suggestions on best ways to hang 3.75” Star Wars ships from a smooth drywall ceiling.

I want to stay away from holes (hooks and the like) as much as possible in the ceiling and need some ideas to support those ships. I don’t have faith in the 3M sticky tabs for these ships...

Let me know when you can and thanks I’m advance
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: Hanging options for SW Ships

Postby Tango X » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:19 pm

Holy crap. You got the Haslabs Unicron???
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:17 pm

:)
0CBB4FCF-0474-4E3C-9EB4-47D72A497DD8.jpeg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:47 pm

Did you figure out a solution, dude? Definitely don't trust the 3M stuff. You could always dedicate one of those clothes racks to the ships. Not sure how that'd look, though. lol.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:30 pm

Clothes racks?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:27 pm

Yeah, they're like shower curtain rods or regular curtain rods? You can extend one from wall to wall and twist or spring load and it holds in place from wall to wall friction fit and you can hang some ships off of those. lol. But it might not be practical if you have a large room. You can also rest a steel rod/pipe across two shelves.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:43 pm

I made a diagram of what I mean.

You could take one of those curtain rod things you use for shop curtains or shower curtains. Just google shower curtain rods. Those get pretty wide with rubber feet and you could put it end to end against each wall and you could slide the ships over and make room when ever if you need to add ships.

The second one is if you have shelves. It shows if you get a 3/4" to 1" diameter pipe, you can rest them on top of two shelves that are up against two opposing walls. You have more options with length with the pipe but the height would be limited to what you can rest it on. If you one that color matches your ceiling, you'd probably barely even notice it there. You could theoretically use 2 or 3 pipes and have the ships staggered. The pipes are extremely rigid and will not likely bend as I use them for clamps and they hold up to extreme forces.

Neither option involve drilling into walls or ceilings or damage.

diagramofships.jpg
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:29 pm

Wow...outstanding work man...thank you for the excellent suggestions
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:03 pm

I did something similar but I drilled picture hanger hooks into the wall instead of the ceiling and used picture wire but yeah if you don't want to do any drilling that idea looks pretty solid.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Return to General Discussions