Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

RIP TV star Charles Robinson

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

RIP TV star Charles Robinson

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:39 pm

I was saddened to hear of the passing of television star Charles Robinson yesterday at the age of 75. Robinson is best known for his role as Mac Robinson on the NBC sitcom Night Court, in which he often played the sweater wearing straight man for many of the other more zany or lascivious characters.

Night Court was without a doubt my all-time favorite comedy, just nudging out Three's Company. I found the show hilarious when I was a kid back in the day. A few years ago I found it it was still airing on an analog channel called LAFF, so I went out and picked up a digital antenna just to watch it, and now that I'm an adult (allegedly) and even understand some of the lewd humor more, I find it still holds up pretty darn well. The Day In The Life and holiday episodes were always a treat.

Not specifically a Mac scene, but probably my favorite:

If you've never seen an episode, I'd recommend checking out the youtube postings above. You can keep your Seinfelds and Modern Familys, Night Court was the funniest comedy IMO.

All rise, Criminal Court Part II is now in session. Sadly, we also lost Harry Anderson a few years ago.

RIP Mac
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: RIP TV star Charles Robinson

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:50 am

Shame, may he rest in peace. I never really watched Night Court, just a couple episodes here and there back in the day.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to General Discussions