Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Anyone else kind of burned out?

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Re: Anyone else kind of burned out?

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:10 pm

I never thought I’d get to this point in my collecting life, but new toys aren’t doing it for me anymore. I used to be all in and foaming at the mouth whenever I saw new DCUC’s coming out but that mouth has since dried up…except for Guinness.

McFarlane’s honestly don’t excite me at all and this TDKR line is insulting to look at…besides the SH Figuarts Deadpool and some Mafex offerings, my focus has definitely changed to older toys: “original” vintage Star Wars, Transformers and I still need that damned SP Cyborg!

I will continue to sell off the rest of my toys in the Back 40 and have to begin/finish the Hall of Justice; then I may be done.

I fear sad days are ahead…
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:12 pm

Also, every time I visit the toy aisles, I feel a sense of despair and loneliness; nothing to get my attention.

The End Is Nigh…hahah
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:15 pm

Aaannnd I keep getting AARP crap in the mail and email…THATS not helping!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:48 pm

I get that. The prices are becoming prohibitive. Not that I don't have the money, it's more like I don't want to spend $23 on one figure. Not mention with MLs you've all the MCU stuff mixed in and BAFs, but then the "iconic" looks now are all the Retro packaging that costs the same but you don't even get a BAf piece anymore so they're charging yu more because they know that's the look everyone would really want. That's insulting to me. I still dig the Star Wars stuff, but seeing the same body repainted over and over again for $23 by Marvel has lost it's glamour to me (he says as he preorders another Clone Trooper). I don't even look at the McFarlane stuff since it's out of scale.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:18 am

Idiot Savant wrote:Aaannnd I keep getting AARP crap in the mail and email…THATS not helping!

:smlol: :batlol: :wwlol: ... but I feel you there.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:23 am

Idiot Savant wrote:I never thought I’d get to this point in my collecting life, but new toys aren’t doing it for me anymore. I used to be all in and foaming at the mouth whenever I saw new DCUC’s coming out but that mouth has since dried up…except for Guinness.

McFarlane’s honestly don’t excite me at all and this TDKR line is insulting to look at…besides the SH Figuarts Deadpool and some Mafex offerings, my focus has definitely changed to older toys: “original” vintage Star Wars, Transformers and I still need that damned SP Cyborg!

I will continue to sell off the rest of my toys in the Back 40 and have to begin/finish the Hall of Justice; then I may be done.

I fear sad days are ahead…

Yeah I'm not fan of McFarlane’s figures in general. The build, odd proportions, and lack of proper scale within the line. I only have two of the figures Rebirth Bizzaro which the weird proportions and size work with that character... and the Armored Demon which I haven't even opened. Oh, I did get the White Knight Bat-cycle which isn't bad.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:37 am

I picked up the Armored Grodd for like $8 a while back, but most of the time I don't even pay attention to the line. Kind of glad they're not six inchers.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:56 pm

The first toy of the year for me is the Bayverse Sideswipe…and that was only to melt him down to slag for a Dinobot diorama I’m making …$20 well spent
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion