Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Cody Rhodes WWE bound?

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Cody Rhodes WWE bound?

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:14 am

So this just happened...

Rumors are they may be going to WWE. Why? Ugh. I know they were getting booed, but that's because Cody spent the last decade bashing HHH and then booked himself as HHH.

OR

It's the start of the greatest work ever.

OR

Cody Rhodes shows up on Raw then Shane McMahon shows up on Dynamite.

OR

Cody buys Ring of Honor

OR
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Cody Rhodes WWE bound?

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:17 am

Yeah, unbelievable, there's stuff that we're just not "plugged" into, there's something going on here :?
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:43 pm

Yeah, rumors are it was over money, but who really knows. I guess Tony Khan had kind of consolidated power away from the VPs too, so maybe that had something to do with it. I'd be kind of disappointed if he went back to the WWE. It wouldn't get me to watch, and with the way he was treated, especially right after his father passed and he wanted to ditch the Stardust gimmick, I don't know why you would go back. Would it be anything more than like when the Hardyz showed back up? Maybe a decent push to start then the same old crap again. I'd rather see him try to boost the NWA or ROH if he's going somewhere, but at the end of the day, I guess money talks, and the WWE has a cubic ton more than either of those companies.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:27 am

Whatever it's over it might be Cody's worst decision in his life and same thing for Brandi. Like you said PB, they treated his Daddy and family like crap and now he wants in? All of the AEW stuff maybe for nothing if he goes back there :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:57 am

Cody was spotted at the PC for photo and video shoots...is said to be at Wrestlemainia in 6 weeks...why would he return there after all of what happen with him and his family...what in the heck is going on here :? :batshock: :smsmh: :wwhuh:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:27 pm

Money. The desire to prove the WWE wrong. But does anyone really think they'll put him over Brock or Roman? Seems kind of foolhardy. He'll end up at a level like Sami Zayn, the occasional main event spot, but mostly upper mid-card. His AEW character was kind of stale and getting booed anyway. A heel turn, even if it ended up being an nWo type invasion angle, would've been more interesting, but I guess he didn't want to go full heel there. I like Cody. He does great mic work, is a pretty good wrestler, and has the legacy, but he also kind of gave himself a HHH like push with the biggest, fanciest entrances for AEW and the primo matches with debuting talents, so it's hard to feel too bad for him getting booed a bit. I think some people saw through it a bit. If he shows up in WWE, it'll be interesting, but it won't get me to suddenly start watching again. Way beyond caring about anything in the WWE--too many stops and start pushes for people I like, and wasting /miscasting talents. It just isn't worth investing the time to watch, I'll just read results and save several hours a week.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:31 am

Even so, when Cena was getting booed every match, I thought it made it more exciting that the crowd was booing the top guy/babyface. In fact it made Me more enthused about watching WWE just hearing the crowd :o Shame we may not get that with Cody and AEW :roll: He's got that Go Big Show on TBS so how's the future of that...then again, Cena is on TBS too so there's that but then again, Cena is on Wipe Out on TBS but that could be because of his WB deal so I don't know. If Cody is in WWE now then he maybe very sorry that he left the company later on that he helped built and it he decides to return he may not be looked upon the same again :?:

By the way, don't forget when Dustin left the WWE, he tweeted that he "left prison" so what's Dustin think of this stuff of his brother now :?:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to AEW