Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

MERRY Christmas: Show what you got for Christmas!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: MERRY Christmas: Show what you got for Christmas!!

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:31 am

I'm defaulting to photos from websites because it's too much effort to take pictures of the actual gifts, but here goes:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And a bunch of clothes and useful things. Gift cards! I'm probably preordering some vinyl from Light in the Attic.

I've also gotten just so many wrestling figures lately, because I write product descriptions for a figure site. They give me a lot of toys for the work, it's great. AEW Supreme Malakai Black, the Thunder Rosa Lights Out exclusive, WWE Elite 99...
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:45 am

Here' some stuff my wife got me you guys would appreciate...

I akready had 2 Figrin D'ans and a Nalan Cheel, so these two would complete the band for my shelf.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:51 pm

I hope everyone is safe and sound & your wife didn’t have too bad a time at the hospital PB; Merry Christmas to all!

I got ripped off this Christmas…I got 2 pairs of socks (Star Wars & Christmas Story, so kinda funny), a LEGO Superman head band light (why?!?), a pounding massaging gun (I can use that), some cash and a weird picture/portrait of my parents (for some ungodly reason)

This is single-handedly the WORST Christmas I’ve ever had…and when I brought this up to my family and parents, no one seemed to care. Christmas to me has always involved toys and this completed the earlier feeling I had when this just doesn’t feel magical anymore.

I’m 46 years old and no toys?!? I must’ve slipped dimensions again and this time I’m someplace I don’t want to be…only explanation.

Sorry for the rant…hope you all are doing well
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:25 pm

Idiot Savant wrote:
I got ripped off this Christmas…I got...some cash.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:06 am

LOL, I felt so ripped off in many previous years, I feel like I'm making up for it now with toy gifts these years. The LEGO Superman headband light gave me a chuckle.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:44 am

Oh I laughed pretty good too…I can’t get mad at that as my daughter Chloe got it for me
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:46 am

Inner Homer is correct…but I like opening a wrapped toy haha
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:39 am

Very true. Honestly, it was hard this year to even find toys I wanted my wife to buy. I have to preorder all the Star Wars stuff because you never know if they will actually appear at retail, and I all but gave up on Marvel Legends. If it weren't for Galactus, I probably wouldn't have wanted Firelord even though I always dug the character. But my lord, is that orange bright. He's more like Day-Glo-lord, amirite? I'd have preferred a more subtle yellow-orange, but it is what it is.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:21 am

First off PB, I'm gad everything is OK with your wife, I'll continue with you in a minute...

SWL - That's good . I was a wrestling reporter way back in the Attitude Era so I know how it is but back then it was quite different, it can be quite fun doing that stuff.

That is some cool stuff Acid, all of that seems like it would be all fun stuff to have :schal:

Idiot Savant - I know what you mean about different dimensions. I think about that all the time...watch the real news & YT and see how androgynous this day & age is and what their teaching kids in schools, all of the violence on the streets and so much more and this doesn't even cover 1% of what is really going on. In My day I would have never thought this era would be like this :roll:

PB, that is some great stuff you got there. Cool you got Naked Gun, Hulkamania & special British Bulldogs edition. Glad you completed your Biffs. I never did complete Mine, I believe I just have Figrin D'an. Got any more gifts from other family members and how about your kids, what you & your wife get them beside XBOX & Games and o they like'em :?:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Discussions