Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

JAY BRISCOE Passes away:(

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

JAY BRISCOE Passes away:(

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:23 am

I just got on the web just minutes ago and then I saw this headline :o I couldn't believe it, it said he got in a car accident, was only 38 and only about a little over a week till his birthday. I just saw him as hardcore as ever at the terrific ROH Final Battle, oh My, it WAS his FINAL one :( :batshock: :wwsad: :smsmh: He was truly one of the last of the younger bunch of old school hardcore extreme wrestlers, may he RIP :(

Jay Briscoe RIP 1.jpg

Jay Briscoe RIP 2.jpg

You can read about it here --->https://www.thesun.ie/sport/10072203/jay-briscoe-death-cause-wwe-car-accident/
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: JAY BRISCOE Passes away:(

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:18 am

Woah, I saw his name trending on Twitter last night but just assumed it was something wrestling related or something they'd said being rehashed. That's sad.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:31 am

Indeed, I saw it trending as well, had no idea it meant that :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:32 am

Sorry, was just waking up when I saw the news. Those guys were legit the best of ROH. it's really not going to be the same without him. I hope his daughter is ok. Sounds like a pretty nasty accident from the reports. There's just no words. 38 years old and gone. RIP.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:14 am

It isn't going to be the same. I hope so too about her.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:23 pm

And today was Mark Briscoe's birthday. Just all-around terrible news. Sounds like outside of the ring he was a really cool dude, very personable with fans and a great family man. Such a sad loss. If you have time, and do such things, say a prayer for his family, especially his daughters who were in the car with him.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:30 am

Yeah that's really awful. This is the second time in recent years that somebody dies after a Dog Collar Match, the other was Mr. Brody Lee :? :roll: In the ROH Final Battle event it was his final one where he won the match and the titles for the 13th time & Coleman said some stuff during the bout. It's just strange :? I'm glad TK is going to support his family :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to AEW