Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Jerry Jarrett Has died :(

Whether it's six sides or a squared circle, the Phenomenal One or the Virtuoso, come on in and Cross the Line, slapnuts.

Jerry Jarrett Has died :(

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:23 am

Jerry Jarrett RIP 1.jpg

Click the pic above in a new tab, it's huge to see the details. Notice Jerry is with his son Jeff and "The King" Jerry Lawler, they had some great reunions in recent times :)

I was sad to know this. I don't know how well you know Jeff's father but he was quite good and a mastermind of making good wrestling promotions. Of course if it wasn't for him there wouldn't be JJ the person but also Jeff Jarrett the wrestler. Along with "The King" Jerry Lawler, he made the USWA which was such a great wrestling promotion down south. If it wasn't for that, the WWF wouldn't have had as much talent in the 90s cause USWA was the training ground cause back then there was no such thing a WWE Performance Center much less NXT. This is where I saw JJ first before his days in WWF in 93 and I liked him then even before his cool country music star gimmick. The people's beloved Rock :roll: even started there as Flex Kavana...most importantly this is WHERE the Mr. McMahon persona STARTED years before the Attitude era :o Also, if it wasn't for Jerry, TNA would have never existed. I always got p!$$ed how Dixie Carter basically took it away from him & Jeff :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Jerry made so much happen, he was one of the best wrestling promoters back in the day and I hope people will still recall what he did for the world of pro wrestling for years to come :)

NOTE: Earlier, I mentioned a huge special 93 coming soon that I'm working on before, I had already written a special about Jerry, Jeff and the USAW, I will expand upon that now since Jerry is no longer with us, may he rest in peace :(
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Jerry Jarrett Has died :(

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:14 pm

Saw the news last week. He was a legend in the business. I was a little surprised Jeff wrestled on Dynamite, but he would know more than most that the show must go on. Like I've said recently, I've really come to respect and appreciate Double J more than I did for a lot of his TNA run.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:25 am

Yes he was. That is good of you, I have always liked Jeff, the Jarrett's are so great :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:01 pm

Sad news. I was glad to hear that Jeff and Jerry reconciled long before Jerry's passing. He was a well of wrestling knowledge and stories for sure!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:35 pm

Yes he was Acid and a lot of the stuff like I mentioned above plus a whole lot more was because of him :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to TNA/Impact Wrestling