Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

RIP The Iron Sheik

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

RIP The Iron Sheik

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:46 pm

Man, I just watched his WWE Biography Sunday night. He was one of the greatest heels ever. I remember him more with Nikolai Volkov than as a solo heel vs Hogan. I knew about his traiing with Verne Gange in the AWA in a class with Ric Flair and Jim Brunzell, but I didn't know much about his amazing history in Iran before coming to the US. The man lived a life, that's for sure. May he rest in peace.

RIP Hossein Khosrow Ali Vaziri, The Iron Sheik

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: RIP The Iron Sheik

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:24 am

Iron Sheik RIP 1.jpg

It's so amazing, John Madden's bio just aired right before he left this world, amazing how that happens :? That TNT was Tuesday Night Titans, NOT TNT the channel. Yes, without The Iron Sheik it would quite a different story for Bob Backlund & Hulk Hogan, all of their history wouldn't be what it is if it wasn't for The Iron Sheik. See how wonderful Hall of Fames are, their full of such history and their arguably the most important event of the whole year, I've been saying that for I don't know how long and kids needs to watch it too while these wrestlers are still around :!: My Grandpa loved The Iron Sheik, he loved his physique and said great things to Me about him all the time. Back in the day when I was a youngster I didn't really know that war & country vs. country stuff till really when Sgt. Slaughter turned heel in 1990. I just loved the looks of wrestlers though many plebeians don' express what they think of their looks but it was a key factor why I loved them in the first darn place and The Iron Shiek was one of'em. Long ago I posted My huge 2-Part LJN WWF & ThunderCats showcase in My Vintage Action Figure Topic as well as some in My Wresting Vintage Topic and that's WHY The Iron Sheik was My FIRST LJN figure EVER because I loved his body and especially his blue pants :)

Thank goodness I was smart and kept his Blister Car as well :)

My Mom got Me him over at Schnucks on Arsenal street and then 2 decades later she got Me this Iron Sheik from Figures Toy Company too :)

You can see the whole stories in My showcases. So yeah, I really liked him, I loved his Col. Mustafa gimmick too but that's something many people never mention. He lived a long & prosper life and may he rest in peace :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT