Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Guardians of the Galaxy

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Guardians of the Galaxy

Postby Barbecue17 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:49 am

I'm not sure there's any movie (other than Ep VII) that I'm looking forward to more than Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm actually going to be cosplaying as Star-Lord for HeroCon this year. I've picked up Star-Lord so far from the new Marvel Legends Infinite series and reviewed him this morning on ThEpic Review: http://www.thepicreview.com/2014/06/action-figure-review-star-lord-from.html
I review an unhealthy amount of Batman and Batgirl related stuff at http://www.thepicreview.com
Barbecue17
Partner
Partner

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:05 am

I'm ambivalent about the movie. Every time I think it's just gonna be another bland Marvel film, I remember there's a talking raccoon and a tree monster. And I really dig that somber facial expression on Groot. He's got gravitas, dammit! But realistically, it's probably going to be Another Marvel Movie, just with a talking raccoon and tree monster. That still might be enough for me.

The toys are interesting me, though. I'm seriously considering picking up the spaceships. I wish they were 4-inch scale, but they're pretty great regardless.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:48 pm

I'm salivating over the Groot BAF but unfortunately I only collect 3.75" scale Marvel Universe figures and the only thing offered is a reissue potted Groot with Rocket Raccoon. Of course, Groot can change size, but I'd have to get the rest of the lot to build him. Hopefully I'll be able to find him completed on his own. :batgrin: Nice review, BBQ!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Barbecue17 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:08 pm

Man, I'm really hoping this movie is going to be something special!

I'm actually working on a Star-Lord cosplay for Heroes-con this weekend in Charlotte!

I just got Drax recently, too. This guy doesn't have the accessories that Star-Lord does, but he's almost perfection. Fantastic articulation and playability here! http://www.thepicreview.com/2014/06/action-figure-review-drax-from-marvel.html
I review an unhealthy amount of Batman and Batgirl related stuff at http://www.thepicreview.com
Barbecue17
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Saw two Iron Man figs and a Starlord left at Target today. Which means someone probably bought the five, left a Starlord, and looked at Iron Man and said, uh-uh. Can't say I blame them. Ugly figure. I guess Hasbro learned nothing from Terrax wave Iron Man and Iron Man 3 sitting on the pegs for forever. God forbid we could've gotten a comic Phyla-Vell, or a movie version of Ronan or Nebula instead.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:46 pm

I'm chomping at the bit to see these...still waiting around these parts!

I am planning on getting them all, why?, I'm not sure, but it probably has to do with the fact that I have nothing else to buy and I'm just itching for some quality toys....yeah, I have a toy problem.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:49 pm

Damn you Hasbro!!!!!!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Webslinger » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:21 pm

Almost finished with Groot... just need the Nova figure to complete him.
IMG_3515.JPG
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:01 am

Man, that looks awesome. It's just too bad I don't collect 6" scale Marvel. Only 3.75".
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Webslinger » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:42 am

Your missing out... :)

"Where's my Spidey smiley?
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Next

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion