Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Scott Neitlich Resigns from Mattel!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Scott Neitlich Resigns from Mattel!!!

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:33 am

Looks like Scott Neitlich resigned from Mattel, guys. Here's the full article here and an interview from AFI. :smgasp: :batshock: :wwshock:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/afi- ... om-mattel/

I really wonder what he'll be working on now and what Mattel is going to do as far as the Matty stuff goes. Good luck, Scott! You've given us a lot of great things, that's for sure. :smgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Scott Neitlich Resigns from Mattel!!!

Postby Skullmaster » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:53 am

That's insane. My guess is he'll be over at Hasbro... I do feel for the guy for all the attacks he's taken over the years. Dude did a lot of great stuff for the brands he was behind.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:52 pm

Holy crap! Hopefully he'll be in a position where he won't have to deal with fans blaming him for everything.

Hasbro seems the most likely candidate here, but maybe a more collector-oriented company like NECA, Funko, or even DC Collectibles? I could see Funko being an attractive option thanks to their ReAction line.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Illiasc » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:54 pm

My guess is Hasbro, especially since he hinted it's also targeted at kids too, and it's still a company that does things he loves. That's crazy news though! I too feel for him with all the rage he's received over the years from so many people, and as Skullmaster also said, he's been behind some amazing lines and figures. I do hope this new job ends up exactly what he wanted, and goes well for him.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:52 pm

Yeah, it came to a shock to Me. I hope he made the right decision and does indeed have success. I don't blame him for thing, I blame Mattel (who is the largest toy company @ billions, and billions of $) and for being like how they are like "we're on a budget, we can't make it happen if you don't sub, we're gonna cancel with your permission and so forth". I am saying this because I have a huge and ugly dispute with Mattel a while back with WWE figures (that's why I ONLY collect MOTUC, I love MOTU for the histpory, not Mattel) and also for cancelling the Ghostbusters sub a few years ago, that was so dang unnecessary and cruel to the customers IMO :x :x :!: :!: I do not blame Toyguru for this, he did what he could and he did more than anybody that I know of so kudos to him :)

I seriously hope he joins Playmates! I love the TMNT Classics but I feel it is handled extremely poorly:roll: Maybe with Toyguru there maybe there can actually be the other characters like Splinter, Shredder, April, Casey and the like instead of variants of the Turtles, in other words, I would want TMNTC become like the MOTUC!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Oh if Scott could do for TMNT Classics what was for MOTU Classics, I would just be the happiest camper, Brandon!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby OneNineSix » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:41 pm

Thank goodness all of 2015 is set in stone as far as he said and 2016 writes itself if it happens at all. He did a great job getting us so many great collectibles. I'm sure it must be a lot easier for the guy to take on in-house brands instead of licensed brands. With MOTUC, you have only so many figures that there's a realistic end in sight.

With DC, it just has so many characters to cover. Once you scratch off the big names, no matter who you pick, somebody out there will complain. Okay, he got short and said some things here and there but most people would and the guy helped build me one crazy DC collection and one crazy MOTU collection that I never thought I would ever live to see.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:28 am

AcidDragon wrote:Oh if Scott could do for TMNT Classics what was for MOTU Classics, I would just be the happiest camper, Brandon!

That is cool dude :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Tango X » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:43 am

DC Collectibles? That would be interesting SWL mostly because I wonder then if he would have more control over the figures that come out and we would see what could be made if he worked directly for the company that owned the characters.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:17 am

I FINALLY listened to the AFI interview and boy, does Scott say a lot without saying anything at all. Toy -name dropping all over the place and a pretty useless and uninformative interview.

He almost didn't say anything about DCUC which kinda bothers me, but he couldn't shut up about MOTUC. I'm a DCUC guy and I loved that line and am still livid about their direction and subsequent murder of the line.

I'm half-scared that where he ends up, he will "kid-ify" any other lines he's able to touch; just a thought wandering the depths of the back of my mind.

I have many issues, I know...haha

That Hoverboard bit was pretty funny where fans actually thought it was gonna fly...morons!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Next

Return to General Toy Discussions