Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Holiday Plans? - Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas/Etc.

Post special events like conventions, online events, get togethers, etc.

Re: Holiday Plans? - Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas/Etc.

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:55 am

Webslinger wrote:I'll be working like I have the past few years... My work doesn't believe in giving employees Christmas off.

Dang! I hope you still manage to find some time for yourself! You still at Chuck E's?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:36 am

I'm spending Christmas with my brother and his family and the day after Christmas -- heading to Vancouver B.C. to spend 3 days up there seeing old friends up there and go from there. We'll have a traditional spiral ham dinner with scalloped potatoes casserole and three beans medley every year. We'll have a noon dinner and after dinner -- Gifs opening time and desserts ... followed by a game of Hearts with everyone and that's what we do then.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:42 am

Doctor Fate wrote:I'm spending Christmas with my brother and his family and the day after Christmas -- heading to Vancouver B.C. to spend 3 days up there seeing old friends up there and go from there. We'll have a traditional spiral ham dinner with scalloped potatoes casserole and three beans medley every year. We'll have a noon dinner and after dinner -- Gifs opening time and desserts ... followed by a game of Hearts with everyone and that's what we do then.

Cool! Sounds like it'll be a great time, DF! I'm actually over in Alberta, but I've been to Vancouver a number of times. You go there often? :smsmile:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:14 pm

AcidDragon wrote:
Doctor Fate wrote:I'm spending Christmas with my brother and his family and the day after Christmas -- heading to Vancouver B.C. to spend 3 days up there seeing old friends up there and go from there. We'll have a traditional spiral ham dinner with scalloped potatoes casserole and three beans medley every year. We'll have a noon dinner and after dinner -- Gifs opening time and desserts ... followed by a game of Hearts with everyone and that's what we do then.

Cool! Sounds like it'll be a great time, DF! I'm actually over in Alberta, but I've been to Vancouver a number of times. You go there often? :smsmile:

I go to Vancouver on an annual basis for the past 40 years and they prefer me to join them -- rather they join me in Seattle. What I do, is to book a flight to Vancouver and a friend of mine picked me and head to his place for a three night stay and the fun begins.

It's my annual tradition that I do ... I have friends in College there and we like to do this.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Webslinger » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:50 am

AcidDragon wrote:
Webslinger wrote:I'll be working like I have the past few years... My work doesn't believe in giving employees Christmas off.

Dang! I hope you still manage to find some time for yourself! You still at Chuck E's?

Yeah
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:32 am

Webslinger wrote:
AcidDragon wrote:

Yeah

I love the one here but they're phasing out the animatronics!
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Webslinger » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:54 am

Yeah they will all be gone eventually, the cost to keep them maintained is rather pricey these days so they are getting rid of them in all the restaurants... kinda sad when you start getting rid of the things that make you stand out you know? That's why Ronald is no longer seen in commercials aside from the McDonald House charity and the kids meal boxes. Sad that companies are way to commercial now, not like when we were kids and stuff was actually fun...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:20 am

Yeah, that sucks, man. I love the animatronics. The one here in town still has a Chuck E. robot, but the rest are gone and there's a person in a costume instead now. I mean there's nothing wrong with that, but the animatronic made it special.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:28 pm

Hope everyone is having a safe and happy holiday season!
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:26 am

Happy Holidays, everyone! What did everyone get for Christmas? Any toys?

I got the WWE Masters of the Universe Mr. T...
Spoiler:

And Snap Ships Scarab KLAW Interceptor...
Spoiler:

Snap Ships are so much fun, by the way. Definitely recommended.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to Special Events