Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Live Action "The Tick" is making a comeback

Post special events like conventions, online events, get togethers, etc.

Live Action "The Tick" is making a comeback

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:19 pm

I'm posting this under special events, because to me, the resurgence of one of my most favorite-est characters and tv show is as special as it can get for me...

I'm a HUGE fan of The Tick and his shows, but for some reason that short-lived live action really sent me through a wall...if I'm anything, the 4 things that make me up are as follows (and in a constantly revolving order, on a minute to minute basis):

The Tick
Superman
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Green Bay Packers

So 1/4 of me is soon to make me complete....SO happy right now I may cry
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: Live Action "The Tick" is making a comeback

Postby Illiasc » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:42 pm

Although I've never seen the animated version, I loved the live-action show that got canceled. Knowing it will make a come-back is seriously exciting to me, too! I'll admit, because I didn't have any other exposure to The Tick other than that show, I was mainly lured by Patrick Warburton's work in it. Really gave me a smile. But I honestly don't care who would cast in the new one, I'm very much looking forward to that happening!
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:55 pm

Big big big fan of the original cartoon and the old NEC comics! The Warburton show was pretty good and he was a great choice for the live version of the character. Hoping this time around that more of the animated and comic characters will make appearances like the Civic-Minded Five.

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Skullmaster » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Don't hate me please lol but I was never a big fan of the live action TV show. It just couldn't replace the animated show for me which I thought was much funnier but I still watched the live action show. It wasn't bad. I don't think they could have made a better casting choice than Patrick Warburton.

One thing that the animated show had going for it that it could not translate into the live show was the expressions in the eyes because in the cartoon they had these big large eyes that could make funny expressions and the show obviously could not do that so they went with not covering the upper half of the face at all. In any event. I hope the new show does well. I'm still excited to see what they will be doing with it! With so few episodes in the old series they did not get a real chance to do more with the show and I'm sure if they have another go at it now that so much time has gone by they can probably really make a good go at it!
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:03 pm

Excellent point on the lack of ability to expand or bring it closer to the comic/cartoon....although if you go back and compare, the pilot episodes for both the cartoon and live action are almost exactly the same!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby OneNineSix » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:37 pm

The Civic-Minded Five... that really reminds me of Justice League episode LEGENDS with the Justice Guild. I would be so happy for a revival of that show in any capacity, live action or otherwise. This is great news!
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Return to Special Events