Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Ahsoka Trailer and Other Star Wars News from Today

The toy line from a galaxy far far away! The section for fans of the movies, comics, vintage and modern toylines (Kenner, Hasbro Star Wars Black, etc), the Clone Saga, the WOTC miniatures game and more!

Ahsoka Trailer and Other Star Wars News from Today

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:40 pm

Other new movie tidbits...

Earlier today Kathleen Kennedy announced three all new movies at Star Wars Celebration...

Dave Filoni will direct a Mandoverse event movie set in the New Republic Mandalorian timeline, it is supposed to be a crossover event movie culminating in an epic battle and bringing together various plot points from all the different Mandolorian era series.

The next movie will be at the dawn of the Jedi and directed by James Mangold, the director of the Indiana Jones movie “The Dial of Destiny”.

The third movie will star Daisy Ridley as Rey Palpatine (that still sucks IMO) tries to rebuild the Jedi. Blah. Maybe they can retcon that Palpatine part because that was stupid and further ruined everything about the OT.

Thought?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Ahsoka Trailer and Other Star Wars News from Today

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:44 am

Ahsoka is ok. She was just a child when she was introduced and came out only about two years before the Disney Takeover and they ended so much of the EU yet they kept her. I would have rather had a backstory for other Twi-Leks like Aalya Secura but oh wait, this day and age can't handle such a character now and besides Lucas gave his ok toward her for the prequels which cannot be said that Disney ever did anything like that :roll: The show looks like it has potential to be good since Tano is all grown up and played by Rosario Dawson who is quite good. We'll see how it goes.

Them cancelling Gina Carano was so stupid and that was such a reason not to watch the Mandalorian. This day and age is so soft...like I said about Mandy Rose, WWE fired & canceled her over something so stupid...WWE used to promote stuff like that in the Attitude Era...I said before if the Attitude Era could look at this pathetic era in the face it would laugh it's @$$ off literally its so ridicules, stuff like that was starting around 2011, TNA was a good example of that :roll: Anyway them making a Mandalorian era film sounds great however they never filled in the gap in between Battlefront 2 & The Force Awakens, that was a major story they developed and they seriously need to do that!

I'm really not sure how Dawn of the Jedi will be, it's about time they make an origins film of Jedi & Sith though they might ruin it since anybody can have the force according to TLJ and that Rey is nobody and basically an adopted Skywalker in ROS I mean that just kills what we knew about SW before. I am actually fine with the possibility of Rey Palpatine. those scenes were pretty rad and I wanted more of that, I love a dark character like that especially since it's woman.

I knew Katherine Kennedy and her husband Frank Marshall as early as I did Lucas & Spielberg, they all worked together so many great films in the 80s, to many to name but we have already talked about some recently and they have their own company called the Kennedy/Marshall Company.

That's My thoughts.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:05 pm

Ahsoka was super annoying when she was first introduced, but if you've never seen the final four episodes of the last season of The Clone Wars you should search it out. It's basically a movie, and well worth the watch.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:54 am

Maybe I will. I just saw this...

Thrawn 1.jpg
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:40 am

That's pretty cool since he was the voice of Thrawn on Rebels. I always thought he sounded like Dracula on the show so I'm really excited to see him in live action.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:32 am

That's something and I see what you mean about the Dracula :o I never got to any animated Star Wars after the CW film. Maybe soon.

I've seen Lars in other stuff. The first thing I saw him in was House of Cards as a Putin-like character. Its such a small world with the Disney & Marvel-verse...so many are together in different movies and how apropos it is to have Lars cause don't forget, his real life younger brother Mads was in Rogue One as well as a very crucial character :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to Star Wars