Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Forget Raymond, why does everyone hate Black Series Landos?

The toy line from a galaxy far far away! The section for fans of the movies, comics, vintage and modern toylines (Kenner, Hasbro Star Wars Black, etc), the Clone Saga, the WOTC miniatures game and more!

Forget Raymond, why does everyone hate Black Series Landos?

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:47 pm

We can't escape this guy. Every time they make one (besides the Jabba's Palace version I never saw once at retail) he sits on the pegs for months. The Empires Strikes Back version sat on shelves. The 40th Anniversary version of the same figure, sat on shelves. The Solo Movie version *well, to be fair, all of those sat around). And now the General Lando from Return of the Jedi is all I ever really see at Target or Walmart.

And it's not like Lando isn't one of the coolest cats in a galaxy far, far away. And when he's not fighting the Empire he likes to kick back and have a smooth Colt .45. The dude exudes cool. And yet, peg warmer supreme.

Sure, you might find the occasional other figure, but walk into any brick and mortar right now and I guarantee this is what you'll find.

Of course, there might be more to it if you consider Val from Solo and Jannah from TROS also seemed to sit in stores long after their expiration date and what that might say about people, but I don't want to go there. Val was ok, but she died fairly early after first appearing, and Jannah was a minor character in a movie from a trilogy that is widely panned. Besides, I never saw Mace Windu long on the shelves.

Then again he has a lightsaber to kill @#$%^&*@#$ snakes on @#$%^&*@#$ planes!

But Lando? Billy freakin' Dee Willaims? What gives people? Maybe it's the wardrobe? He's pretty fly on Bespin, but some slacks and a puffy sleeved open collar shirt doesn't make for the most appealing action figure. But even Donald Glover has Community cred in my book.

Did they over produce him? I don't know. Again, General Lando might have bit of a more subdued style to him, but he blew up the freaking Death Star, people. What gives?

2 out of 3 Nien Nunbs agree, Lando rules.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Forget Raymond, why does everyone hate Lando?

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:23 am

Gosh PB, how did you come up with this, this is cool :) :lol:

I don't know about people, like I just said in My Wii U section, it's always people and I get sick of'em :batrage: I have always liked Lando, in fact as much as Solo believe it or not and when the 2 Battlefront games came out in 2015 & 2018, most of the time I always chose him over Solo because he was funner to play as! I don't know about the recent figures on the shelf of the newer films but when the POTF 2 was available I vaguely recall the Skiff guard & the General versions of him on the pegs at Walmart & TRU but I cannot be completely sure so don't quote Me on that one. Now I was lucky enough that My Grandma Mimi got 2 versions of Lando from Kenner's original series, the Skiff disguise and she was able to find Me the Bespin one as well, I'm sure he was extremely hard for her to find then since he was from ESB :o I do not have the POTF 2 General version but I have been thinking about IT for quite sometime and still haven't picked him up :roll: Now back to people, I know back in the day their was major complaints about Lando but I'm not like that because I like diversity in just about everything so it was cool to see Lando in the ESB & ROTJ for the first time all them years ago :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to Star Wars