Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

HasLabs Rancor

The toy line from a galaxy far far away! The section for fans of the movies, comics, vintage and modern toylines (Kenner, Hasbro Star Wars Black, etc), the Clone Saga, the WOTC miniatures game and more!

HasLabs Rancor

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:54 pm

Eh, was excited for this until the price came out 17.5 inches tall for $350? Galactus was twice as large and only $50 more. I was thinking maybe $200. Going to need some really really cool items unlocked for me to buy in. The Rancor is a neat creature, but I can live without him. No idea what would even entice me at that price.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-w ... ies-rancor
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: HasLabs Rancor

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:49 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:13 pm

Buys have kind of slowed to a crawl. Over 3,000 in the first 12 hours, about 1,000 backers in the 10 days. I'm sure he'll make it in the end, but probably wasn't the best idea to pit brands against each other with Transformers just ending, then unveiling Haslabs for Star Wars, GI Joe, and Ghostbusters at the same time.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:18 am

Oof, $350? I guess I can see that, to an extent: Mythic Legions' trolls, which are 12 inches, were priced at $100, and sizing up items works on an exponential scale. It's still expensive by comparison, but given the level of tooling and articulation I can see it.

But yeah, that doesn't make $350 go down easier. I love the arm reach, though. If I was a bigger Star Wars fan I'd be looking at this just for sheer monsterdom. (Honestly, I still kinda am, but $350 buys a lotta imported records.)
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:56 pm

I’d love to get this guy but I think I’m done with the Black Series game…going to stay home in the Vintage scale

On that note, I’d LOVE for them to do an Ewok Village (I probably won’t get that either since I built my own) and the Mos Eisley Cantina.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:25 am

HAHAHAHAHA, the first stretch goal reveal is a Gamorean Guard. Lol, good luck.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:37 pm

Hahaha yeah I saw that too…our old buddy Scott Neitlich said that if this goal is passed, then it’ll open up new sculpting opportunities for new figures

You know, cuz he knows all…haha
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:13 am

Lol, Hasblow unveiled the tier 2 items which are a bunch bones and insultingly a cardboard backdrop that realistically should be included anyway from something that's $350 and I swear the orders dropped in the last 24 hours as I swear it was above the 5100 it sits at now. What bunch of junk. I get with ML tiers you can just mostly slap a new head on an existing body and you're done, but this just feels like such little effort. So much for new figures. Cardboard!
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:31 pm

12 more backers in the last 26 hours, lol.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:28 pm

They just finished the tier reveals with tier 3 being Salacious B Crumb and tier 4 being an "all new" Jedi Luke and the backers have gone down. Last I knew yesterday it was at 5077, as if this second it's at 5,072..

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to Star Wars