Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

POTF 2: Who was your first?

The toy line from a galaxy far far away! The section for fans of the movies, comics, vintage and modern toylines (Kenner, Hasbro Star Wars Black, etc), the Clone Saga, the WOTC miniatures game and more!

POTF 2: Who was your first?

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:45 pm

Mine was none other than Boba Fett! I was really, really stoked when I found him in early 1996 at a local Wal-Mart not to mention a new SW series in figure form in about a decade :o . This was such a great time to be a Star Wars fan before the prequels as I loved the prequels of the future but gosh, the rejuvenation of SW by Galoob's Micro Machines & Hasbro's Power of the Force 2 and the whole Expanded Universe as a whole was just the best times of SW and the absolute best era to be a SW fan IMO. It was before all of this Disney takeover and thus making all of the coolest & best things that I loved like Shadows of the Empire & Dark Forces freakin' LEGENDS!!!!! Ah, I'll just save this rant for a later time. Anyway, here is a few pics I took of Boba Fett!

For comparisons, memory lane for collectors & for noobs who want to get in on the greatness of SW's past, here is Boba with one My favorite versions of 89 Batman & the original Gorilla Alien/Xenomorph, both are from Kenner's great action figure lines (got them in 90 & 92 respectively). I loved Kenner, they made so many great figures during the "true" time of action figures but they were bought-out along with Tonka in 1991 by Hasbro hence the co-maker of the series POTF 2!

I hope you enjoyed this :D

So, do guys have your first? Share your memory of whom WAS YOUR FIRST POTF 2 figure(s) ans via a pic(s) if possible with your thoughts :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: POTF 2: Who was your first?

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:47 am

Fun idea!

I remember when that line came out and I was crazy surprised by it, because (if I recall) we didn’t have Wizard Magazine at that time and I had no other way to find out things came out until I actually saw them...then I finally saw them and was left scratching my head a little. While I appreciated the attempt in that particular style, it wasn’t for me.

I have better appreciation of the line today, maybe because of nostalgia and they did fill out the line a bit more, but my only figure from that line was Darth Vader; love me some Vader.

Sadly I don’t have that figure anymore so I can’t take an actual photo of him.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:53 am

Idiot Savant wrote:Fun idea!

I remember when that line came out and I was crazy surprised by it, because (if I recall) we didn’t have Wizard Magazine at that time and I had no other way to find out things came out until I actually saw them...then I finally saw them and was left scratching my head a little. While I appreciated the attempt in that particular style, it wasn’t for me.

I have better appreciation of the line today, maybe because of nostalgia and they did fill out the line a bit more, but my only figure from that line was Darth Vader; love me some Vader.

Sadly I don’t have that figure anymore so I can’t take an actual photo of him.

Hey Idiot Savant, thanks for the reply :D I was too and no, there was very little back when this line was released to keep us informed about what is available other than TV commercials, promo & shopping catalogs and stuff like that. I remember that a lot back in the day in the 90s. A side of what i just pointed out, I really didn't know about figures coming out a head of time till the later part of the 90s thanks to the internet but hey what could you do right :? :?:

I maybe able to showcase that Vader sometime in the future...we shall dude ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:55 am

I just found Boba's blister card-back, that is one thing I absolutely loved about the line back then was the really cool cards. There was such a special aspect of them to Me. I loved the color and feel of them and they didn't seem cheap to Me and just not another Kenner/Hasbro line and that is WAS INDEED Star Wars!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 03, 2021 7:32 am

Hey Idiot Savant, here is My Darth Vader. He was My second POT2 figure ever! I took pics of him as well as his great and classic looking card. He is a really good version but not the absolute best IMO. His lightsaber is from a different Vader from many years later however as I couldn't find his original one. Take a gander at the pics :wwsmile:

ImageImage

Boba and Vader together :o One thing I loved about some of the line was scale between some of the figures which I have always loved realistic stature such as "real scale"/"real heights" as opposed to every character being the same height & size when one is supposed to be five foot something and the other close to seven feet :!:

That's all for now, I hope this brought back some good memories for you guys, I think that's all for a while on this topic from Me but you never know I might post some more in the future, in the mean time comments please and till then I'll see you around :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue May 04, 2021 8:06 pm

Yup...that was my Vader too! It’s weird that after all this time, I feel like collecting that line the more I see it..I CAN’T due to space but I still “feel” like it
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:45 pm

Personally, I didn't buy a single Star Wars figure from the time of Return of the Jedi until I was working overnight at Walmart when Revenge of the Sith came out and I bought a Boba Fett figure. Boy, how things have changed since.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 07, 2021 2:56 am

Idiot Savant wrote:Yup...that was my Vader too! It’s weird that after all this time, I feel like collecting that line the more I see it..I CAN’T due to space but I still “feel” like it

Cool Idiot :) That's good. I was like that when the ROTS came out with all of the new figures but I really wanted the POTF 2 figure more that I didn't get previously. Let's face it dude, the classics are just cooler arguably better IMO.

Oh I know about the room and that really, really suck :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 07, 2021 3:01 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Personally, I didn't buy a single Star Wars figure from the time of Return of the Jedi until I was working overnight at Walmart when Revenge of the Sith came out and I bought a Boba Fett figure. Boy, how things have changed since.

Isn't that something :?: I was like that too a bit. I loved them from years before ROTS but during that time to a few years after I was a really big SW collector but really after 2010 I had stopped.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 07, 2021 7:25 pm

I spent about a decade from around 1991 to 2002 where I never even considered buying action figures. I mean, I was becomig a teenager, I don't think the idea ever crossed my mind. I was way too old for toys. I did buy some Starting Lineups in the mid-90s, but that was more of a sports memorobilia thing than an action figure thing since I never opened them. Then in 2002 I was working at the mall and walking around on my lunch break and I stopped at KB to kill some time and there I saw a Marvel Legends Wolverine and thought that would look cool on my bookshelf in my bedroom. So I took him home and opened him up and then I thought, he really needs a villain and that Magneto they had would be perfect. And so the trip down that slippery slope began...
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to Star Wars