Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - UPDATE!!!

The toy line from a galaxy far far away! The section for fans of the movies, comics, vintage and modern toylines (Kenner, Hasbro Star Wars Black, etc), the Clone Saga, the WOTC miniatures game and more!

Re: Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - SUPER SWOT!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:35 am

BONUS!

SSW Ad & Nintendo Power Magazine covers!

SUPER BONUS!!

When I got My PS4 that featured Star Wars Battlefront at launch back in 2015, I just didn't get the new game but also it had really cool offer to get 4 retro games of year's past. The main one was Super Star Wars! It's an excellent port and it even has a save option! However, they never released the other two and ever since then I have been waiting for them to but I think I should get My hand off of My booty because I don't think they are which is such a poorly made decision to say the least and mildly :x See, it's stupid choices that really get's Me uninterested and turns Me off :batrage: The other games were previously released on earlier Playsyations which is a big bonus because I never played them before since I never had a Playstation decades ago! They are Racer Revenge, Bounty Hunter & Jedi Starfighter which are all prequel games! I may delve deeper and showcase them later on :)

Here is the SSW SNES Trailers, their so cool when SW was still superb!

Here is the longplays, you can see what they all have in store!

If you just NOW seeing this and didn't see My main showcase then SOP RIGHT NOW an d GO TO IT :!: So I hope you liked this Super bonus showcase and maybe were surprised a bit! I have decided that I am going to showcase more video games here rather than the other topics as I see fit that it is more apropos that way and the next one will be soon which is going to be a double feature :o Until the I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:02 am

Wow nice. Nintendo Power was always a real treat for me. My childhood friend had a subscription and he'd often let me borrow a bunch of them. Great memories. I think I only just got to try Super Star Wars fairly recently. I don't have much of a memory playing Empire Strikes Back, either, although I'm sure I did try it out at some point. Super Return of the Jedi, though, that was childhood for me. It was one of the only platformer games that I beat from start to finish and tried to find all the secrets to. Very underrated game. I remember really enjoying the Ewok village levels. You could shoot arrows into trees and bounce off of 'em. Pretty fun stuff.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:14 am

Well thanks Acid, glad you were familiar with them. Anybody else just now seeing this, make sure you see the main showcase on page 6!

Oh and by the way, the PS digital games were called the "Throwback Pack"!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - REBEL ASSAULT!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 13, 2022 7:39 am

So here we go with another showcase in My great Star Wars topic, this will focus on Rebel Assault, the first two titles that are arguably the ones that put the expanded universe on the map in the early 90s and brought back Star Wars back from it's long hiatus. The series had such a great Star Wars feeling to it that was all too familiar and with the help of Galoobs's Micro Machines, Kenner & Hasbro's POFT2 & the awesome mult-media Shadows of the Empire on the horizon Star Wars was back in full force :o

HERE is the Fandom page for all of the info!!

I got this in 1996/97 for either Christmas or My Birthday. It was really cool! Here is some pics of it from various sources and some that I put together :)

Rebel Assault - Sega CD: Look at the cool artwork, the games was by JVC whom made the Super Star Wars trilogy SNES along with LucasArts & Sculpted Software that I just very recently showcased :o

Ads

My CD: Oh here it, I got from FuncoLand (of EB Games & GameStop) whom I talked about before. You could get games really cheap there minus the packaging and stuff. It was one of the one of the only ways to get affordable games at really low prices before the net was a big thing. It was only in this clear flexible plastic jewel case.

Here it is opened.

Here is My little paper of when I was a teenager, I wrote this down well over 20-some-odd years ago of all the passwords, it's still nice as it was back then because I always kept it in the case :) The levels were really hard, I was stuck on the first one for I don't know how long :x

The Trailer!

The Gameplay: Now as you see, if you not familiar with Sega CD, you would actually play many games via cut scenes that was a combination of stock footage and newly created material. I loved Sega CD's style, it was truly VIDEO GAMES :wwshock: :smgasp: :batgrin:

So now moving on to the sequel I got for the PC in around 1996, it is similar like it's predecessor but updated in major fashion. CLICK HERE for the Fandom page for all of the info!!

PC: Here is a lot of stuff I put together in a form of a collage :)

Mine: Here is My copy that I got :)

Here is the opening of the case and you see the CD-Rom...

but it's actually a double disc which many big PC games were like this back then during the heyday of awesome PC video games:o

Here is the booklet, booklets has always been an important and fun factor for Me for games especially Star Wars but this one isn't as detailed as ones would be follow up in future games however it's still kinda nice :)

The Trailers!

The Gameplay: Now like I said, it was majorly updated. I loved Lucas Arts, they had some of the most absolute coolest games ever IMO :)

Here is a cool a Bonus ad of other LucasArts games for the PC. The Dig was a hugely anticipated game back then in 1995 but I never gave it a chance, it just wasn't My style. Tie Fighter looked awesome but unfortunately I never got it but thankfully I did get some major titles a while later after this :)

So that's it, if you just now seeing then then you miss the showcase and My CDs so scroll up before you go any further :batwink: I hope you enjoyed this special Star Wars Rebel Assault showcase for both Sega CD & PC :) Don't forget, I just recently showcased My SNES Super Stars Trilogy in great detail, you don't wanna miss it if you haven't already seen it. So did you know this Rebel Assault series, have you played it or where you surprised about it :?: We shall see what the next showcase will be, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 25, 2022 2:06 pm

Can't say I remember these. There was a time in the 90s where I had less than zero interest in Star Wars. They don't look bad, though.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 27, 2022 5:21 am

I know you did PB. There was some great stuff then, IMO some of the best of SW! Thanks for your reply :) More cool stuff coming soon :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - DARK FORCES 1!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:54 am

So here is My next showcase, it's not gonna be as big as the previous two but it's gonna be sweet :batsmile:

CLICK HERE for the Fandom Page!

So I thought it would be very apropos to feature this next since it was the next big title in the awesome PC video game series :) When I first saw the box at My local Office Depot (Office Max now, they moved a few blocks further down on Chippewa) right next door to My local defunct Venture which is gone now since the late 90s (as I have greatly detailed in My Vintage Showcase of them months prior :roll:) I was ASTOUNDED by it and so euphoric indeed! I went there a lot with My Family for various supplies and while they got what they needed I always wanted to check out their little PC game section :batwink: There I seen it (it was the pic I presented just above as the logo for this presentation) and I also loved seeing that they had the first ever Lara Croft: Tomb Raider game which I also couldn't stop looking at (I already showcase her greatly in My original video game topic because it was her 25th Anniversary last year :!: ) but the thing is I never got them then until a long time later which is a shame but at least I got'em :) 1995/1996/1997-2000 was such a great video game time especially since Star Wars was getting back into "full force" in 93 - 96 :batsmile:

Here is Mine that I got used. I just love the Stormtrooper graphics on the cover. Of course you gotta have Boba Fett on the back ;)

The booklet is really bittersweet with hardly anything like pictures in comparison to previous games but future releases would make up for it. I love the disc however with the Gamorrean Guard on there :)

So here is the videos.

The classic Trailer!

The Gameplay!

I love how Star Wars really went the first person route. It's My favorite genre of game type. Since this was actually the first part of a major series and a big part of the newly created Expanded Universe (that has been severely destroyed by Disney :batrage: ). There is a total of 5 games within the series but I only have 3 of'em. Cryptically this is the first of the Jedi Knight series :shock: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II is the sequel which I will showcase soon a bit before I get to the prequels. IMO it's one of the greatest SW games of all-time and is My favorite story next to Shadows of the Empire :o I plan on making these bigger than this showcase you just saw & read :batsmile: Next up will be another really good SW entry, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:37 pm

It's amazing how those were great graphics back then and now...lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:37 am

I still appreciate them.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:12 pm

Oh, I didn't mean anything bad from that. My understanding is this was the debut of Kyle Katarn who's grown to be a pretty popular character. I didn't really know much about him until I started delving into the EU in recent years as all this 90s SW stuff eluded me. It's fun to have something new to explore. I've been in to Marvel and DC for all my life that I've reached a point with all the movies and reboots/relaunches now that I don't really care about any of it. The last Marvel movie I paid to see was the first Antman, and I haven't bothered with any of the movies since the first Doctor Strange. I just don't care enough to invest the couple of hours to watch any of them. So it's fun to have something like the SWEU that has 30 years or so of history that is new to me, almost like when I was a kid in about '84 first discovering comics.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars