Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Heroes of Cybertron, 2007 film & Cleatus of FOX NFL!

Everybody's favourite robots in disguise... GOBOTS! Just kidding.

Heroes of Cybertron, 2007 film & Cleatus of FOX NFL!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:03 am

Well well, here be a various Transformers showcase of mini figures  + a special "unexpected bonus" that I thought would be really apropos for this topic. All of these guys are the from the decade of the 2000s. What is here is a couple figures from the cool Heroes of Cybertron" series, a couple from the Transformers 2007 Movie and a Fox Football Robot!

Now, I am a fan of the Transformers but not a big one. I loved the original cartoon and got some vintage figures in the 80s and 90s but I never collected them faithfully. I was more into various lines including other properties like Alien, Predator, Terminator and of course wrestling figures. However, there was a time when (I'm still kinda like that) when I would want only the main characters if there was like 2 or 3 of them and skip the rest of the series if I wasn't really interested/couldn't afford collecting the other figures within their respected series'. That goes for the Transformers in the 2000s. I got all of these figures at My local Walgreens as I always looked there because they usually had something I wanted despite it would be slighter higher than at a big department store and in fact sometimes you could find things there that other stores do not have. OK, here is some brief pics of them, get ready :batsmile:

Heroes of Cybertron made by Hasbro: Optimus Prime the Autobot & Megatron the Decepticon! Now, the series came out in about 2001 so I got them I think later in that year possibly in 2002. I do kinda regret not collecting the series. Of course they are made by Hasbro. They have several POAs and their limbs & parts are removable and swappable if you like.

Size comparison with Hasbro's G.I. Joe's classic Scarlett seen previously.

Transformers the Movie (2007) made by Hasbro & Basic Fun: Optimus Prime & Megatron! OK, I wasn't huge on the movie. I was excited about it yes but I really had to get used to the dark & vulgar humor that I still feel should not have been in the movie IMO (I was used to the 80s TFs where you didn't hear things like that in that franchise). With that being said, Rise of the Fallen was coming out in 2009, with mixed feelings about the first film, I really wanted to get over it and give the sequel a chance and if that was a bummer then I would be done with the franchise. So I saw the film on the IMAX and I thought it was much better. So around the time I saw the movie I saw these action figure "key-chains". I thought that they looked great and really movie accurate. The sculpting is so top notch. I am OK with Prime's design, you can clearly tell who he is supposed to be but Megatron's movie design is nothing like his previous incarnations anywhere (I have always questioned why he was changed so dramatically) that I can recall though I am just really familiar with Gen1 & Gen2 and the film franchise of TFs. These guys move at the head, arms, waist & legs. You can remove the key-chains you want to.  

Comparison with The Heroes of Cybertron

Image[/i]

BONUS!!!!!!

Cleatus the Fox NFL Sunday Football Robot Mascot made by Foam Fanatics/Actionheads! I was already familiar with this guy only by seeing commercials and seeing ads of him as I am not a football fan. I was also aware that there was figures of him available as I saw a much larger version of him @ MWC around the time. So, when I saw him at the store I thought gosh, he would go great with My Transformers so I got him! His POA are at the head, shoulders, waist and hips. He too is a key-chain but it is removable and can act like a regular action figure! His sculpting is really good and looks very much like the real character!

NOTE: I recently seen him on the premiere of WWE Smackdown on FOX when he was in the board room in 2019!

Comparison with Transformers Movie characters!

That's all for now, I hope you have enjoyed this, comments please :D
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to Transformers